Match Thread Leicester City v. Sheffield United - 16th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LEIC
LEIC
LEIC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594584931045.png v. 1594584941248.png
EPL Week 36 - Thursday 16th July 2020 - King Power Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/leicester-city-vs-sheffield-united.500/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Replacement Official: Steven Meredith

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.16.11.png

Soyuncu being banned is good - he's played in every single game bar 1 for them this season - not sure who comes in for him, maybe Wes Morgan?!

Before yesterday's Bournemouth match, I was going to say that this was going to be your hardest match left.
After Leicesters performance, I genuinely don't know what to say now.
They can't play that bad again, shirley?

Before yesterday's Bournemouth match, I was going to say that this was going to be your hardest match left.
Surely not shirley.
Shirley who?
Love your posts. Be a shame if your lot go down on goal difference. 😂😂

So, barring the 4th official it's exactly the same officials as it was for the Aston Villa game even down to the VAR assistant!

I bet they double check the GLT before kick off...

⚔️

So, who replaces Basham if he's out?

Jagielka or Rodwell?

A difficult call that, but I think Wilder probably goes with Rodwell. The Jagielka sub made plenty of sense on Saturday – we had a decent lead, and while obviously we added to it with Jags on the pitch the focus was more on continuing to restrict Chelsea following their own changes. He had similar cameos earlier in the season coming on at RCB. He’s fine at the defensive responsibilities in that role.

For this game though, where we’ll be wanting to have more than just defending in the role, I think Wilder would go with Rodwell if Bash is unavailable.

A difficult call that, but I think Wilder probably goes with Rodwell. The Jagielka sub made plenty of sense on Saturday – we had a decent lead, and while obviously we added to it with Jags on the pitch the focus was more on continuing to restrict Chelsea following their own changes. He had similar cameos earlier in the season coming on at RCB. He’s fine at the defensive responsibilities in that role.

For this game though, where we’ll be wanting to have more than just defending in the role, I think Wilder would go with Rodwell if Bash is unavailable.
Totally agree with all that.

I also suspect Rodwell has a bit more pace than Jagielka which against Leicesters attack will be useful.

So, barring the 4th official it's exactly the same officials as it was for the Aston Villa game even down to the VAR assistant!

I bet they double check the GLT before kick off...

Whats it matter?if the ref is to idle to go pitch side and look at the monitor whats the point in having it?

16th!! Am I in the right thread?

Should be an interesting match, given the result for Man U this evening.

Hope we play in the neon for sentimental purposes. Fucking shitting it this match is fucking gargantuan.

Let's hope we see some of that defending, lol.
Alas, they are probably going to be totally fired up for this - they need to make amends for the last game, and they can't afford to drop points with Manure breathing down their necks.
But we will contain them regardless. Egan will have Vardy in his back pocket

Beware the backlash. Heard quotes from senior players and their manager stating huge lessons need to be learned following the embarrassing performance at Bournemouth. They’ve done us no favours with this drubbing on my opinion, Leicester will come out eagerly striving to put matters right, with none of the sloppy complacencies that were evident in their last match.

Got some good friends who are Leicester fans hope we rub their noses in it even more

Very tough game. Leicester are going to want a result from this match.

a) To get over the Bournemouth result
b) They don't want to loose their top 4 spot

Vardy will be up for this. I'm a little bit worried.

As mentioned previous I think it's likely they're going to come out absolutely swinging. A strong coordinated defence and an early goal would knock the wind out of their sales I reckon. Could be quite a few opportunities to counter if they come out all blazing

Let’s be honest we would all of bitten the persons hand off if we were offered this at the start of season. What an unreal position to be in. Let’s just enjoy the ride we’ve come this far of course we all want the prize at the end but whatever happens these lads have been absolute class⚔️⚔️

they was very poor in there last match ...if we take a early lead.. I cant see no way back for the foxes ...we will be positive and dominate the match and win 3.0 ...didzy will get 3 goals how about that then ...Jamie vardy will be man marked ...job done ...utb

Back
Top Bottom