Lundstram contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Plastered with ads.
John “Lundstrom”
Richard Stearman’s on it.
Ravel Morrison given an extra year than he has.

Come back Transfermarkt, all is forgiven.

Fair point. I was on PC with an adblocker on at the time, and didn't want any backlash for Transfermarkt usage.

Turns out the alternative is shitter.

Fair point. I was on PC with an adblocker on at the time, and didn't want any backlash for Transfermarkt usage.

Turns out the alternative is shitter.

Nothing beat the forum’s contract sticky thread with colour coding. Particularly that year we all thought James Wallace’s contract was up, nicely coloured as “expires summer 2016” in red, only for us to be all horrified to discover that he’d actually been handed a 3 year deal.

Says it at 6.15 onwards -" I know for a fact one player may not renew his contract because an agent thinks there is more money in the Club than there is"

Tends to lean towards it being Lundstram if its the agent.

Talks a bit more on it from about 24:30 too.

Of the players we own it's either Kieron Freeman, John Lundstram, Phil Jagielka, Jack Rodwell, or Leon Clarke.

Didn't hear the exact quote so don't know if he says anything that rules out the loanees, if not it could be Zivko or Retsos.

Personally I think it's either Lundstram or an outside chance of K Freeman. I can see Wilder wanting to keep K Freeman, though perhaps a lot of us wouldn't agree.

It's unlikely the rest of that list will be offered new contracts, and if they were, they wouldn't argue about it.
Whatever Freeman is on it will be his best ever contract. I also can’t see us being over keen to extend him. Smells like Lunny to me.

I think contracts offered will be reevaluated since Covid. I can't see many clubs offering the same terms as beforehand so Lunny may well have missed the boat, possibly Norwood too. I bet Flecky is relieved at not fucking about and just signing a new deal.

I thought we’d got an option for an extra year with Lundstram?

Maybe we’re looking to tie him down on a longer improved deal?

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got him signed up on an extra year then sold him for a half decent fee. He’s had a good 2/3 of a season and could easily go back to warming the bench now Berge is at the club.

Whatever Freeman is on it will be his best ever contract. I also can’t see us being over keen to extend him. Smells like Lunny to me.

I also think it's Lunny, but K Freeman is the only player I can see Wilder wanting to keep that potentially wouldn't make it easy. I say that because we haven't been linked with any RWBs if memory serves, despite most of us thinking Freeman isn't up to it if Baldock is unavailable.

The other soon to be out of contract players are either Wilder projects who would happily take whatever they're given, close to retirement/moves down the pyramid, or players like Norwood who surely wouldn't make a fuss.

I would agree. I think the club has the higher bargaining power over Lunny. He has done well this season but he still gives the ball away easily (in less dangerous positions than when he covered for Coutts) and Sander Berge will most likely become the permanent first teamer as a double pivot with Norwood or right sided up and downer with Fleck. Lunny hasn't got a big resale value either despite his late arrivals in the box. So I don't think Chris Wilder is sweating too much over him.

Post corona will anybody offer Lundstram 50k, let alone the 60k he's rumoured to be after?

I don't think so.

I certainly don't think he'll ever play as well again if he moves on.

Let him do what he wants. There's no shortage of players who could replace him in that position.

Post corona will anybody offer Lundstram 50k, let alone the 60k he's rumoured to be after?

I don't think so.

Let him do what he wants. There's no shortage of players who could replace him in that position.
Yeah like besic

Lunny has done ok since our return to the Prem, but would I lose any sleep if he won't accept the clubs offer? Absolutely not (that's if it is him)

Far from irreplaceable and with CW's decent record on signings, he might even do us a favour

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side, but very often it's not. Make your choice Lunny, but fkin get on wi it

I don't think so.

Charlie Chancer might. He's paying Fletcher £50/60 K per week.

Unless Lundstrum joins a team that plays 3 in the middle he will struggle, as he has every season but this one. He will probably be over paid by a relegated premiership team next season

Defo Lundstram.

The others out of contract can't be demanding high rises... based on what? None of the others out of contract have featured other than Jags and I reckon he's here to go into coaching now anyway.

Didn't we hear a rumour Everton were back in for Lundstram? If that's the case, I reckon he'd be all over returning there so trying for whatever he can here.

For me, he's had a great season but has he reached his peak or is he still growing? He's 26, not 20 🤷‍♂️

I'd be happy for a swap deal for Besic

I'd be happy for a swap deal for Besic
Besic looks decent but you're not then swapping like for like. Lunny looks like he can run box to box all day and gets into goalscoring positions whereas Besic looks like he likes to put a foot in and play it simple. Both good players in my book.

I think Lunny was looking a bit jaded when he was dropped for Sander. Be interesting having had this break to see whether he is back to his best

I have never rated Lunny much, but he has become an inportent cog in the wheel this season. Hence the difference when Wilder has tried Sander in that position. Lunny knows the players around him and can play to our plan on the pitch well. Also gets in good scoring positions and should have more goals to his name this season. So its more of problem than some are giving it credit for. And like I already said, Im not Lunnys biggest fan.

Fleck Norwood and Berge is our best midfield now (Berge needed some time to settle into the premier league pace but post corona he will be fine). Mo Besic is our enforcer now if we need one and will probably come on a free in the summer. Luke Freeman was excellent when Fleck was injured, and we’ve been linked with enough midfielders to suggest we’ll sign another one in the next window too.

That leaves Lundstram, who has been good this season, in a situation where the club is going to outgrow him anyway. So trigger the extension and either sell him if a half decent offer comes in or keep him to fight for a place in the 18 next year and then let him walk (unless he steps up of course).

I think Lunny was looking a bit jaded when he was dropped for Sander. Be interesting having had this break to see whether he is back to his best

He came back to start the Norwich game and was fine.
Fleck Norwood and Berge is our best midfield now (Berge needed some time to settle into the premier league pace but post corona he will be fine).

That’s our best midfield on paper, and probably will be next season, but based on what we’ve seen so far since January Berge still has some way to go. I’ve no idea why you think spending much of the last few weeks in isolation will have suddenly upped Berge’s ability to get up to the pace of the game, when what’s been needed is a better understanding of our system (and his role in it) that will only come from playing with the squad and in games. When the season paused Lundstram was on balance the best option for RCM at that point in time. Till we see anything else, he still is. That isn’t to say that Berge might perform better in the 3 weeks of training – but none of us have that to base an opinion on at this stage.

It is all somewhat unpredictable though. For all we know, Berge might have kept himself in better shape than his team-mates or the players he may face. Or he might not. He might feel less pressure in a behind-closed-doors environment. Or it might be no different. We just don’t know yet.

Besic looks decent but you're not then swapping like for like. Lunny looks like he can run box to box all day and gets into goalscoring positions whereas Besic looks like he likes to put a foot in and play it simple. Both good players in my book.

Don't have to swap like-for-like. If Everton are interested then i'd swap him for Besic. Just as i'd swap him for Messi if Barca want him

I really like Lunny as a player. Very athletic, strong competitor, excellent finisher and takes up good positions. Two footed too.

Wilder's right not to be held to ransom though. In truth, he's been here for a few seasons now and only delivered for about 1/3 of a season. If he wants to go, let him - but I do think it would be the wrong thing for him. He's improving here and seems settled and popular amongst his teammates.

I really like Lunny as a player. Very athletic, strong competitor, excellent finisher and takes up good positions. Two footed too.

Wilder's right not to be held to ransom though. In truth, he's been here for a few seasons now and only delivered for about 1/3 of a season. If he wants to go, let him - but I do think it would be the wrong thing for him. He's improving here and seems settled and popular amongst his teammates.
That. ^^^. I’d rather he stayed but if he wants to go elsewhere, fuck him.

If it is Lundstram, and that's still a big if, then this is his window! He gets one shot at that big contract. He's at the high water mark in his career, so I don't blame him trying it on.

However, he obviously hasn't been paying attention as to how Tufty handles these situations. Of all our first teamers I'd argue he's the easiest to replace and the one most likely to drop off next season regardless of where he's playing (see earlier high water mark comment).

Tufty has a budget and a valuation in mind so if your expectations are above that, then better come up with a Plan B.

Lunny has done ok since our return to the Prem, but would I lose any sleep if he won't accept the clubs offer? Absolutely not (that's if it is him)

Far from irreplaceable and with CW's decent record on signings, he might even do us a favour

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side, but very often it's not. Make your choice Lunny, but fkin get on wi it

Done OK come off it 😂 if lunny wants a decent contract I’d give it him why shouldn’t he want the same contract as freeman/mousset etc

Yeah but the rumours are he wants almost double what they’re on...

“Rumours” He deserves a massive pay rise if he wants too much he won’t get that.
Wouldnt be suprised if he went to Everton and sat on there bench

Pretty obvious Wilder is talking about Lunny. Wilder went public last summer regarding Duffy as well.

When Wilder thinks a player and their agent are taking the piss then he eventually calls it out in public.

Back
Top Bottom