Henderson 'confident of unseating De Gea'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
Say what you will, there's nothing wrong with the lads confidence.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/manchester-united-transfer-de-gea-16255438

Says several times in that thread he's keen on coming back here for a year, and Ole thinks it will be the best move

From Sky Sports yesterday:
HENDERSON TO GET UTD CHANCE?

Dean Henderson is reportedly confident of becoming Manchester United's first-choice goalkeeper.

The Manchester Evening News say Henderson, 22, is keen to stay on loan with Sheffield United for another season after they secured promotion.

However, apparently he is reluctant to leave United on a permanent basis as David de Gea enters the last year of his contract.

De Gea is said to be "undecided over his future following a disappointing season".

Read in the news the other day that Man U are leading the race for Readings keeper...

Make of that what you will.

Good as he was he isn’t irreplaceable, if Etheridge or Sam Johnstone are available I would seriously consider it for a couple of reasons .
1) We would not be using a loan space up in EVERY game because we would own whoever it is , giving more options loan wise for outfield players .
2) we may be in a position next season when we will have to find a new keeper anyway and at the minute we are surely a decent attraction. Who knows what will happen but should the worst happen we will find it more difficult to attract a better class of keeper .
I like Henderson and you have to admire his confidence but imho he will never be Man Utd’s first choice keeper !
As ever UTB!

That Swansea keeper's not a bad shout when we survive and if Swansea don't do owt next season.

Good as he was he isn’t irreplaceable, if Etheridge or Sam Johnstone are available I would seriously consider it for a couple of reasons .
1) We would not be using a loan space up in EVERY game because we would own whoever it is , giving more options loan wise for outfield players .
2) we may be in a position next season when we will have to find a new keeper anyway and at the minute we are surely a decent attraction. Who knows what will happen but should the worst happen we will find it more difficult to attract a better class of keeper .
I like Henderson and you have to admire his confidence but imho he will never be Man Utd’s first choice keeper !
As ever UTB!
I like Etheridge a lot. He's the only reason Cardiff weren't down in March.

Him, Danny Ward and Darren Randolph would be top of my list.

Randolph would be the one for me. Especially now Pulis has gone. Might be the time to throw a bid in

This could be the season which really defines Dean Henderson. To be fair, our defence was so efficient last season that he really had very few saves to make in a game. The next season will be totally different. It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Prem.

If there's a decent keeper available at a good price, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilder pass on the option of Henderson for a permanent keeper, we're only allowed 2 loans and although I think Henderson is great has been the biggest personality in the team this year, Wilder isn't one for sentiment. He'll want what's best for the team.

What Man Utd think about David De Gea and Sergio Romero behind the scenes at Carrington

Sent via @updayUK

Interesting stuff.

I may be about to throw myself on the chopping block with the life-long Blades here but here goes;

I think Sheffield United can do a lot better than Deano.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing but admiration for him and for what he’s done for the club, and I rate him at least equal to Pickford now (apart from his kicking), but

Deep down in the pit of my stomach I feel he isn’t training and playing to this standard for Sheffield United, he’s doing it to stay on the radar at Man U. If Man U decide that he’s not for them and we can buy him, that would be a bitter disappoint for him which could lead to a drop in form. This could only be for couple of weeks but that’s enough for a solid mid table position to turn into a relegation battle. He could also start playing silly buggers with wage demands.

If we do part company in the summer we can be confident that CWAK have the situation well in hand, so I’m not at all worried about Deano departing for pastures new. We would also have room for another loaner.

As for a replacement, I have my doubts that Simon Moore has the quality to be a No1 PL keeper but I wouldn’t be displeased if we made a bid for Ben Foster on a one year contract.

I may be about to throw myself on the chopping block with the life-long Blades here but here goes;

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing but admiration for him and for what he’s done for the club, and I rate him at least equal to Pickford now (apart from his kicking), but

Deep down in the pit of my stomach I feel he isn’t training and playing to this standard for Sheffield United, he’s doing it to stay on the radar at Man U. If Man U decide that he’s not for them and we can buy him, that would be a bitter disappoint for him which could lead to a drop in form. This could only be for couple of weeks but that’s enough for a solid mid table position to turn into a relegation battle. He could also start playing silly buggers with wage demands.

If we do part company in the summer we can be confident that CWAK have the situation well in hand, so I’m not at all worried about Deano departing for pastures new. We would also have room for another loaner.

As for a replacement, I have my doubts that Simon Moore has the quality to be a No1 PL keeper but I wouldn’t be displeased if we made a bid for Ben Foster on a one year contract.

I think most of that post is just utter shite pal. No offence.

Unless we're splashing £20m we'll get nowhere near the quality of Henderson, and even £20m might not be enough.

In the Premier League, he's in the group with Allison, Ederson, De Gea, Pickford and Schmeichel in pure goalkeeping shot stopping terms and that's about it. There are other areas of his game, like his distribution and occasionally concentration that could improve slightly, and we don't really play out from the back in the same way as Man City and Liverpool which heavily involves the keeper, so he might be a bit dodgy at that if he had to do it a lot but generally, he's immense.

I think he's better than Pickford to be honest, and more consistent than De Gea, but that's the company he's in.

It would be a disappointment for him if he doesn't get to play for Man U, but I'm sure it's something that will only drive him on, because that's his character - if Man U sell him to us or someone else (a very real possibility, he's surely got other suitors) then he'll just go from "I want to play for Manchester United" to "I want to show Manchester United what they're missing"

There are no doubts whatsoever that Moore isn't up to it. I'm dreading him being in the net at Old Trafford, and I'm praying Verrips stakes a claim with a bit of a cup run.

Foster would be great but he's 37 so not exactly one for the future.

Unless we're splashing £20m we'll get nowhere near the quality of Henderson, and even £20m might not be enough.

In the Premier League, he's in the group with Allison, Ederson, De Gea, Pickford and Schmeichel in pure goalkeeping shot stopping terms and that's about it. There are other areas of his game, like his distribution and occasionally concentration that could improve slightly, and we don't really play out from the back in the same way as Man City and Liverpool which heavily involves the keeper, so he might be a bit dodgy at that if he had to do it a lot but generally, he's immense.

I think he's better than Pickford to be honest, and more consistent than De Gea, but that's the company he's in.

It would be a disappointment for him if he doesn't get to play for Man U, but I'm sure it's something that will only drive him on, because that's his character - if Man U sell him to us or someone else (a very real possibility, he's surely got other suitors) then he'll just go from "I want to play for Manchester United" to "I want to show Manchester United what they're missing"

There are no doubts whatsoever that Moore isn't up to it. I'm dreading him being in the net at Old Trafford, and I'm praying Verrips stakes a claim with a bit of a cup run.

Foster would be great but he's 37 so not exactly one for the future.
The 2nd of two people I want tying down whatever the cost is Dean Henderson, the first is Chris Wilder

If we can’t get Henderson on a permanent deal I’d be looking at getting Etheridge, I wouldn’t mind Foster either.

I'd say that Henderson is the best keeper that we'll get at the club in the next five years we won't sign better.

If we can get Hendo for £20 Million then its a deal we should do

I'd say that Henderson is the best keeper that we'll get at the club in the next five years we won't sign better.

If we can get Hendo for £20 Million then its a deal we should do

If we make one purchase this JTW and it was Henderson, I'd say that was excellent business and money well spent.

pommpey

If we make one purchase this JTW and it was Henderson, I'd say that was excellent business and money well spent.

pommpey
Yep, i'd go with that! What a signing it would be for us. It would highlight the ambition of the club more than any other signing unless we brought Aguero in

Yep, i'd go with that! What a signing it would be for us. It would highlight the ambition of the club more than any other signing unless we brought Aguero in

Wilder says he has a budget - I can't see any glaring areas where we are intrinsically weak. We lack cover in some places - the wingback replacements need a run out, and we have Stearman and Jags as CB stand ins. The only investment opportunity to consolidate is Hendo. His performance against Liverpool itself is a reason for Wilder to spunk whatever he can on getting him to BDTBL permanently. We haven't had a better keeper since possibly Kelly or Tracey, possibly better than Tracey and equal if not better than Kelly in some areas to be honest.

If the board fail and allow MUFC to hoik him back it will be a fucking huge mistake. Buy NOW.

pommpey

Just don’t see us being able to afford Henderson. He’s only 22, arguably England’s best keeper and certainly will be going to euro 2020.

Don’t think Man united will play him but teams like Spurs, West Ham, Leicester will be in for him

Just don’t see us being able to afford Henderson. He’s only 22, arguably England’s best keeper and certainly will be going to euro 2020.

Don’t think Man united will play him but teams like Spurs, West Ham, Leicester will be in for him

Lloris, Fabianski and Schmeichel have all got a good 2 or 3 years at the top so I can’t see the appeal for Henderson to go there and be back up or their respective clubs blowing £20m+ on a keeper that might not play for 2 years.

The only one is Spurs as Lloris is still injured and there could be potential issues on his return.

I think we can compete with any club to get Hendo because he knows if he signs he’s guaranteed to be number 1. It would all come down to if we can afford him or not.

There's no reason that with our current position in the PL we can't reliably predict we will be there in May and in for a windfall. With that in mind, we should hedge on buying him. This is where lending cash to buy, releasing/transferring out current staff and making sound investments pay off. If Wilder has a budget, and we could reliably and hopefully assume it's more than £500,000, Henderson should be a target.

pommpey

It would be typical of ManU to come back and buy him off us next season for £50M :)

Totally agree we should sign him but why would he sign ? Hes already playing first team football for us in the Premiership whilst keeping his 'free option' of playing for Man U further down the line. If he signs he loses the free option.

Back
Top Bottom