A cashless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As if someone after 8 pints is going to do that or a parent with 3 kids shouting at them :)

In reality, Blades in the one very long cash only till queue will be shouting "gerrus a pint, I'll give you the money" at someone living in the 21st century. So the kids won't be bothering you but watching all the arguments and fights breaking out. :0

Thanks everyone I have loved this conversation thread helps keep they old grey cells ticking over Pete

In reality, Blades in the one very long cash only till queue will be shouting "gerrus a pint, I'll give you the money" at someone living in the 21st century. So the kids won't be bothering you but watching all the arguments and fights breaking out. :0
Don’t bully meh.

Time to move on cash will become less and less in towns where banks have closed some shops don’t accept cash because they can’t bank it. The day of a cashless society is very close. I don’t carry cash on me if I can help it.
My wife says I’m like the bloody royals as she still carries cash.
Nothing to fear on contactless if you are concerned about security then get an iPhone or watch and use Apple Pay (no £30 limit on this at most places) instead of transmitting the card details it just transmits a one off code, use it all the time
Need my points on my Amex card but I bet United don’t support it because they get charged a little more .
Within five years cash will be almost gone. Embrace it.
I did like the £1 note but the idiots got rid of that and gave you a pocket full of coins as soon as a note is handed over and that’s another reason why most people have ditched cash too much change in the pocket

Time to move on cash will become less and less in towns where banks have closed some shops don’t accept cash because they can’t bank it. The day of a cashless society is very close. I don’t carry cash on me if I can help it.
My wife says I’m like the bloody royals as she still carries cash.
Nothing to fear on contactless if you are concerned about security then get an iPhone or watch and use Apple Pay (no £30 limit on this at most places) instead of transmitting the card details it just transmits a one off code, use it all the time
Need my points on my Amex card but I bet United don’t support it because they get charged a little more .
Within five years cash will be almost gone. Embrace it.
I did like the £1 note but the idiots got rid of that and gave you a pocket full of coins as soon as a note is handed over and that’s another reason why most people have ditched cash too much change in the pocket

They accept amex on the website for tickets now. It's possible it might be accepted in the ground if it's the same payment handling company.

Exactly that BushBlade I don't even have a wallet just have my card as that is all I ever use, in London as you will know it rare to see someone use cash and that as spread to all the commuter towns and cities, all the ticket machines for the train at Aspley are now contactless and it is a station that is only part manned, once contactless and oyster are at all the commuter towns like Hemel, Tring and St Albans cash will be more and more a thing of the past.
Excuse me, what about Berko? More commuters here than you can shake a stick at:)

Up the Hertfordshire Blades.

Actually just read the report on the SU web site.

It say that we WILL continue to have 1 cash till at each kiosk.
So it looks like cash WILL be accepted for the odd few that won’t or can’t change to cashless.

What do people think of the Lane being a 'cashless stadium' this season. I can see two sides to this. Taking contactless and cards is essential these days, especially with some of the half time queues, this presuming that the network will be quick enough to take a lot of payments in a short space of time. However, for people that don't have a debit card such as Under 16s etc this is an issue, or of the system goes down, then it will create chaos.
Well as someone who attended Rod ( apologies) it would be fair to say it made things slower ! Granted it was a trial but the terminals were intermittent and somehow no cash seemed to cause the staff even more grey matter problems than normal. I hope it’s fixed but I’m not sure Paddy Power would be taking my money !

How is it saving money?

WEERZ MUNNEH GOIN?! :)

I'll be honest, I didn't read the article, as I wasn't bothered one way or the other, I was just enjoying the discussion on here and Twitter. Businesses rarely make changes that cost them money, no matter the reasons they give for making those changes.

If they go completely cashless: no need for a float, no counterfeit money, no skimming, no cash mistakes, no need for staff to count it, no need to securely transport it and bank it, etc. I am pretty sure that banking fees for card payments are getting more reasonable and comparable to business banking charges (but, I am no expert).

Munneh is obviously going on the Desso 😂

I thought Swillsboro was already Classless?.........................

Ahhhh "Cashless", sorry

My dad is seventy-years-old and has Apple Pay on his phone and at least one contactless card. In lieu of United handling catering directly and employing experienced catering staff, this will save time in the queues. It will also save the club money.
I'd be interested to know if the club has researched how many match goers, who buy food in the stadium, don't have a card to pay with.
Also, under eighteens can have cash cards that are topped up by their parents, so that can also be got round.

Agreed. You tend to find that the majority of people don’t like change, that’s all it is here IMO.

The company who do our season tickets support mobile tickets so maybe one day we'll get our season tickets on our phones in Google/Apple Pay.

I actually mentioned this at work today. I get my airline tickets on my phone now and simply scan that to get on. If I were to get the same thing on my phone for my season ticket I would be able to take just my phone to a game and get everything I needed. It would be awesome.

I actually mentioned this at work today. I get my airline tickets on my phone now and simply scan that to get on. If I were to get the same thing on my phone for my season ticket I would be able to take just my phone to a game and get everything I needed. It would be awesome.

Here's a cheesy marketing video showing how it works, albeit for single match day tickets.

Ainsley, don't keep everything in the same place, if you loose your phone you will have also lost your season and possibly any cash/ credit cards all in one go

Keep them separate to be on the safe side

Everything can be replaced.

I was going to do that but went old school and printed them out. Which was fortunate as I went swimming with my phone in my pocket.

I'd have just printed them out after I'd done my phone in.
So would I, if I could remember my log in details. I wasn’t sure if you could print them out and download them. I’ll probably do both next time, stick them on the phone and print a spare out in case I do something stupid again.

This is one moan to far, if you're outraged by this there's no helping you.

If it was your local supermarket or something then yeah, but it's a football ground, there's about a half hour period, bit before, and during half time, where you are likely to buy things. The most important thing is speed, contactless takes a couple of seconds, removes you counting cash or looking in your wallet, and removes the person serving counting change.

I don't get the "poorer people don't like contactless" comes from, I'm a poorer person (poor as balls m8) and I use it exclusively unless someone gives me real money for some reason, but my money is all spent online or with contactless payments.

People act as though 30,000 people are going to inconvenienced and we should revolt, but really, probably 50% don't even buy anything in the ground, and 45% don't give a toss and are quite happy to use contactless like they do everywhere else in the world.

The prices are the issue, not the form of payment.

Here's a cheesy marketing video showing how it works, albeit for single match day tickets.

False advertising, no way she's getting Liverpool v Everton tickets on the day without any loyalty points.

I can't see this speeding things up much, we will still have some muppet walking to the other end of the kiosk to get your pie only to find they have brought you the wrong one ............................. repeat, then another muppet gives the pie to you as you pay. It won't make pints of lager pour faster either.

Back
Top Bottom