A cashless stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Here's a picture of fans happy with this move:

View attachment 59813

Fuck me Sandra, I'm getting the best possible fan experience and it's fucking great.

They look happy, fed and watered. I'll have some of that.

Sheep don't understand English either, so we can tune out people fucking moaning.

Here's a picture of fans happy with this move:

View attachment 59813

Fuck me Sandra, I'm getting the best possible fan experience and it's fucking great.

I don't see how people who credit this move are sheep. Contactless is the way forward is normal modern society. There's a cafe near town Hall that takes just cards. Bet they shut down in a few days what with people not turning up....

They look happy, fed and watered. I'll have some of that.

Sheep don't understand English either, so we can tune out people fucking moaning.

Amen to that.

Furthermore, I don't even have to take a wallet to games any more. Season ticket in the back of my phone case and pay for ale on my phone. No more wallets going missing or getting nicked.

So it's better for security and pickpocketing.

I don't see how people who credit this move are sheep. Contactless is the way forward is normal modern society. There's a cafe near town Hall that takes just cards. Bet they shut down in a few days what with people not turning up....

You want to pay contactless. Have at it.

I'm still not quite sure how forcing this on to everyone is delivering the best possible fan experience.

I’m not aware of cash? You’re being a bit like King Cnut, trying to hold back the tide. Cashless will happen whether we like it or not. I’d rather be a sheep than a Cnut.

Nope. There should be a choice.

Depriving people of the ability to pay in cash, if that's what they want, and then telling us it's allowing us to deliver the best possible fan experience is Corporate Newspeak Bullshit.

The ghost of Nigel Adkins still stalks the concourses of BDTBL

Amen to that.

Furthermore, I don't even have to take a wallet to games any more. Season ticket in the back of my phone case and pay for ale on my phone. No more wallets going missing or getting nicked.

So it's better for security and pickpocketing.

Ainsley, don't keep everything in the same place, if you loose your phone you will have also lost your season and possibly any cash/ credit cards all in one go

Keep them separate to be on the safe side

Depriving people of the ability to pay in cash, if that's what they want, and then telling us it's allowing us to deliver the best possible fan experience is Corporate Newspeak Bullshit.

Yeah, it’s literally a crime against humanity.

Didn’t you give your kids money when they were young to teach them how to buy things? The cards are ‘pre-loaded’. That means you put a set amount of money on it, say £2. How’s that any different to actually giving them £2 to go and buy some sweets?
Bushblade they got pocket money mate and had to earn it, I just don't hold with a lot of all this new fangled bollox I've adapted quite a lot, I'm computer literate can use cashless but I have certain beliefs about kids growing up too fast. People don't let them be kids nowadays and discuss al sorts in front of them when I was young we were sent upstairs or out while adults talked. I taught my kids how to use money and not be frivolous with it, fat lot of good I sometimes think it did you have to teach them the value of money. My youngest is 33 next week and other two are 34 & 37, my grandkids have mobiles and I'm shocked but it's up to their parents which I'm not. I have to say I've never heard of the "cards" but if it teaches them money sense then good on them, what get's me is the pillocks who let kids have their pin & number then they spend a fortune on Xbox or PS4 add ons.

This "l like to know what I'm spending" argument. Isn't it possible to keep track of your spend whilst in the ground? Theres a maximum of less than three hours.

You'll be relieved to hear there is going to be the option to pay with cash at one till still.

Does make me laugh the amount of abuse BDTBL used to get for the queues being too long & it not being possible to get anything to eat or drink at half time. Then as soon as the club introduces a sensible way of speeding up service, half our fan base is up in arms about it.

Nowt as queer as folk...

Last edited:
Bushblade they got pocket money mate and had to earn it, I just don't hold with a lot of all this new fangled bollox I've adapted quite a lot, I'm computer literate can use cashless but I have certain beliefs about kids growing up too fast. People don't let them be kids nowadays and discuss al sorts in front of them when I was young we were sent upstairs or out while adults talked. I taught my kids how to use money and not be frivolous with it, fat lot of good I sometimes think it did you have to teach them the value of money. My youngest is 33 next week and other two are 34 & 37, my grandkids have mobiles and I'm shocked but it's up to their parents which I'm not. I have to say I've never heard of the "cards" but if it teaches them money sense then good on them, what get's me is the pillocks who let kids have their pin & number then they spend a fortune on Xbox or PS4 add ons.
Phones can be a useful parenting tool. I used to lie to my parents about where I was sometimes. Kids can’t do that now. If they say ‘I’m just at Kyle’s house’ you can say ‘send me a selfie then’. I think if anything, it can be a little oppressive, you hear of parents using ‘track phone’ to see exactly where their kids are at any time. No wagging school and going round your mate’s house like I used to.

You're heavily focusing on a relatively meaningless phrase for some bizarre reason.

People moan about the queues. Paying by card is faster than paying by cash. Contactless will stop most people moaning about the queues because more people will get beer and pies. It's that simple.

Our Nige always said the biggest room in your house is the room for improvement. Well, improvement is here.

0_JS179894512.jpg

Even though I'm a grumpy old git I do accept things move on and that cashless is a Prince at the moment but, will become King it's just some take longer to adapt. When all us fogey's are gone you young uns can flash the card as much as you want, we'll get there if I go to pub occasionally I admit not many use cash. As I say it will all come out in the wash and everyone will be happy what I will say is if I have a choice of paying by card or them poxy new tenner's and fiver's card wins.

You'll be relieved to hear there is going to be the option to pay with cash at one till still.

Does make me laugh the amount of abuse BDTBL used to get for the queues being too long & it not being possible to get anything to eat or drink at half time. then as soon as the club introduces a sensible way of speeding up service, half our fan base is up in arms about it.

Nowt as queer as folk...
You really think it will quicken up the service behind the counters ? It will probably get more confusing for them especially when the incorrectly charge and you want a part refund.

Phones can be a useful parenting tool. I used to lie to my parents about where I was sometimes. Kids can’t do that now. If they say ‘I’m just at Kyle’s house’ you can say ‘send me a selfie then’. I think if anything, it can be a little oppressive, you hear of parents using ‘track phone’ to see exactly where their kids are at any time. No wagging school and going round your mate’s house like I used to.
Oh yes I do get that but at what age do you let them have one 12 is not bad but 4 or 5 is stupid, I always said I'd never have a mobile but now to me it is and can be my lifesaver. I'm no saint Bush but I don't think I ever "wagged the hook" and I wasn't goody, goody either. I think it was a case of my old mum would have my balls for earrings if she ever caught me, so didn't try.

You really think it will quicken up the service behind the counters ? It will probably get more confusing for them especially when the incorrectly charge and you want a part refund.

You just need to check the amount before you present the card.

It appreciate you might not be a fan of cards, but you can't deny they're not faster. They type the price in, I hold my card near the machine, it takes 5 seconds max.

There's no way cash is faster, it's not possible. Especially when Doris slaps 137 1p's & 2p's on the counter & starts trying to work out if she's got the right amount.
I'm exaggerating of course but I've seen close to this a scary amount of times, & every time I've lost the will to live :)

Oh yes I do get that but at what age do you let them have one 12 is not bad but 4 or 5 is stupid, I always said I'd never have a mobile but now to me it is and can be my lifesaver. I'm no saint Bush but I don't think I ever "wagged the hook" and I wasn't goody, goody either. I think it was a case of my old mum would have my balls for earrings if she ever caught me, so didn't try.
I can’t disagree, 5 seems too young to me.

It appreciate you might not be a fan of cards, but you can't deny they're not faster. They type the price in, I hold my card near the machine, it takes 5 seconds max.

There's no way cash is faster, it's not possible. Especially when Doris slaps 137 1p's & 2p's on the counter & starts trying to work out if she's got the right amount.
I'm exaggerating of course but I've seen close to this a scary amount of times, & every time I've lost the will to live :)
Its not the system I'm querying. It's the staff behind the counter. One to take the order, another one to check the order and confirm the amount. The other one to get each item of the order one at a time. Another to check its OK, back to the first person as they have got the order wrong and so on. . Now if they staff work at faster than snails pace you might well be right

Back
Top Bottom