Will we actually sign anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of worth that will quantifiably strengthen the team. Just a thought 💭

We need about six players and no signs off by movement yet. CW normally does his business early.

Nah.

Spunking munneh on foreign mercenaries is over rated.

#hideallthemoneydownthe sofa

Of worth that will quantifiably strengthen the team. Just a thought 💭

We need about six players and no signs off by movement yet. CW normally does his business early.

When has he done any business this early?

Last summer Deano signed on loan on the 18th of June then first permanent signing 19th of July.
Last summer first signing 1st of July and that was Nathan Thomas.

Suspect timings will be similar this summer.

Last edited:
It all starts at the top of the food chain, especially if you want quality players. Most of them have options. And whether you like it or not, Sheffield United is not the first choice of some of those players. Most of the players that wants to sign for us now are just not of the quality we're looking for. There are exceptions ofcourse, and I hope Wilder finds those.

But I'm not gonna worry until at least early July ;)

I reckon we'll confirm the loan of Henderson on the 17th of June this year, so everybody can settle down.

All this filth coming from someone who wanted us to sign David fucking Wheater

It was a question that most grounded Blades are thinking. Lots to do to the team, never mind the squad.

As a grounded Blade, bullshit.

The only people asking if we're actually even going to sign anyone are Facebook loons, the ones with pages called "SteelBlades1889UTB" etc, that post 4 year old photoshops and say "new kit has leaked", and you.

I think the type of grounded Blades you're talking about are grounded as in "flight risk".

All this filth coming from someone who wanted us to sign David fucking Wheater

It was a question that most grounded Blades are thinking. Lots to do to the team, never mind the squad.

In 2015 when we had Neill Collins and Jay McEverley in our defence..... a mouldy potato could have improved us then.

But I’m flattered you read through all my posts to get to that. Must have kept you from worrying if we will ever sign anyone ever again.

When has he done any business this early?

Last summer Deano signed on loan on the 18th of June then first permanent signing 19th of July.
Last summer first signing 1st of July and that was Nathan Thomas.

Suspect timings will be similar this summer.
Stop and desist with the sensible posts,you with your facts,what you got to do is stamp your feet demanding Wilder signs players

I reckon we'll confirm the loan of Henderson on the 17th of June this year, so everybody can settle down.
I do hope we are not going to waste one of our loans on a goalkeeper,I have recommended several keepers to Wilder,will he listen,will he eckers like

That’s very specific?
Why that date?
Pretty much the same date as last year, to be right I imagine this has been done for a while, suits all parties for reasons given on this forum before. And thinking about it the most inconvenienced by this deal are United, ok we need a keeper but their are other options. Hendo wants to play he comes here he's first choice, which other Prem club needs a keeper? Both promoted clubs seem happy with who they have. Manchester want to see how their lad shapes up in the Prem they get that. I'd say in this deal we have the upper hand but the deal suits us.

Pretty much the same date as last year, to be right I imagine this has been done for a while, suits all parties for reasons given on this forum before. And thinking about it the most inconvenienced by this deal are United, ok we need a keeper but their are other options. Hendo wants to play he comes here he's first choice, which other Prem club needs a keeper? Both promoted clubs seem happy with who they have. Manchester want to see how their lad shapes up in the Prem they get that. I'd say in this deal we have the upper hand but the deal suits us.

Fair enough. As i say, the delay this summer might be due to the U21's tournament.
England's first game is on the 18th, the tournament finishes on the 30th.

"We should be favourites to go down because we'll have the lowest budget and we'll have the lowest transfer funds available."

"It'll be low, probably one of the lowest ever spent in the competition. I don't want to put a figure on it but it'll be low."

"What this promotion has enabled us to do is pay off the training ground which is being built, which is important to us, because it means we've got something to show from being in the Premier League."

"We're still paying for some of the mistakes of times gone by and some of the expensive signings. This allows us to clear all of that out and realign ourselves as a club."

"It's huge for a club like this, one that's self-funded. Fundamentally, you live by Premier League revenue or having to sell players."

"To get to the Premier League and not have to sell players is a nice place for us. Now we need to make some smart recruitment and retention decisions to try to overachieve again."

"We'll be looking to recruit smaller numbers, maybe three, four or five - it won't be seven, eight, nine, ten."

"British players are more expensive in terms of transfer fees and wages and we can't afford some of them."

"There's some players we'd love to take even from the Championship but the transfer fees mean we can't go anywhere near them. It means we have to look a bit further afield."

"We've got to strive to be the best we can be and we need to go and attack the Premier League, be a little bit naïve and know we'll get beaten along the way."

"I remember being at Manchester City and seeing Chelsea getting beaten 6-0 so, if it can happen to some of the best players in the world, it can happen to us."

"We've got to keep our nerve and stick to our principles. We've proven a lot of people wrong this year and that should be a motivation for us next year."

"Can we go and attack it? If we can't, we dust ourselves off and go again. We're a club that will be set up so that if we're relegated, it won't be a disaster."

"We have to think like that but at the same time, we have to be ambitious and have a good go at it."

Back
Top Bottom