Portugal - Real Betis 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We stopped in Portimao last year and drove past the ground in a taxi from Faro. It looked like there wasn't a great deal nearby but didn't get a good look.

There's not much of anything near the Estadio Algarve to be fair, except a massive Ikea. If you're going to drink, I'd have a few before you set off.

It's got a hint of John Smith's Stadium about it, and those masts are Etihad like. That'll be Populous.

Nice that we're in a proper ground though.

It's a very nice stadium, regarded by locals as something of a white elephant though. Various teams have played there over time but rarely get near even 10% of the capacity. Not sure now, but recently Gibraltar have been using it whilst they get theirs sorted.

OTT make up and garish clothes? Not necessarily.....................
Yer won’t miss me int algarve though crabby. 🤡

There's not much of anything near the Estadio Algarve to be fair, except a massive Ikea. If you're going to drink, I'd have a few before you set off.
Great, 2 jobs in one I need a new wardrobe, hope I can get it through customs unnoticed

Yer won’t miss me int algarve though crabby. 🤡

Great, 2 jobs in one I need a new wardrobe, hope I can get it through customs unnoticed

By the time the lads at Faro baggage handling have dealt with it it'll be unnoticable alright. You won't notice you've landed at Manchester and your wardrobe will be in Seville................

It's a very nice stadium, regarded by locals as something of a white elephant though. Various teams have played there over time but rarely get near even 10% of the capacity. Not sure now, but recently Gibraltar have been using it whilst they get theirs sorted.

Seems to be the way with anything built for a tournament/event just because the location is nice/interesting. There's rarely an underlying need for it.

Wonder what India are doing with their FIA Grade One Grand Prix circuit nowadays?

The most expensive Hindustan Ambassador banger racing circuit in the world.

Not very often my flag gets a trip abroad , but it's going to the Algarve on the 12 July. Flagpole too.
Apart from the footy , I guess I'm not alone in thinking a beach , a swim , a few drinks and a dance might be in order.
Not at the stadium though , which is in the middle of nowhere.
So it looks like a hire-car and no drinking for the designated driver until we're back in "civilisation" - if the resorts can be called that !
So where's everyone staying ? I have never toured the coastal fleshpots in this area.
Albufeira looks like somewhere quite "unsuitable" , as the wife might say , but then it's not her that's going.
Quarteira might be a little less of the tattooed knuckle-draggers cocaine-fuelled paradise , but how can one tell from the photos ?
Vilamoura appears the preserve of the yacht-owning classes , so no joy there with our replica shirts & tiny hatchback.
Is there anywhere else with a beach and a modicum of decent nightlife , with music from before the millennium and without the immediate threat of violence or arrest ?
Urgent advice required before there's no choice left.
Many thanks in advance.
Mature Blades with plenty of hair left , lots of dance moves and own teeth.

Vilamoura is full of golfers getting hammered and frequenting various strip bars and knocking shops
The Marina has lots of nice restaurants and bars without being over expensive.
Trouble with Vilamoura is it's quite small so if you want to avoid strip bars and knocking shops you're never far away from one, and you're never far away from somebody cramming a flyer or free drink offer in your hand

Albufeira Old town, well away from the"STRIP" even further away is the newish marina area.

Blimey , reasonable accommodation getting booked up in front of my eyes , have a place in Quarteira on hold to give me time to read about it and snaffle flights / car.
Any Blades in Quarteira for a drink/chinwag , in case my mate bails when presented with total invoice ?

Blimey , reasonable accommodation getting booked up in front of my eyes , have a place in Quarteira on hold to give me time to read about it and snaffle flights / car.
Any Blades in Quarteira for a drink/chinwag , in case my mate bails when presented with total invoice ?
Just outside Albufeira, got loads of hair, mature at 67, all my own teeth, was a good northern soul dancer but unavailable 💋

Back
Top Bottom