Audio Description - Southampton Away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SaintsAD

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations on your promotion and all the best for the coming season.

I am one the Southampton audio description commentators for Alan March Sport. I know our fixture is the last one but just incase we were drawn in the cup I thought I’d let you know that this is a free service available to both home and away fans who are blind or partially-sighted. If you or anyone you know could benefit from this service when you come to St Mary’s then you can find details on booking here https://southamptonfc.com/supporter-services/disabled-supporters/audio-description

You can find us on Twitter @Saints_AD

All the best once again!

Thanks.

Can I just say I think this is really worthwhile and a cracking effort to try and ensure everyone can enjoy the beautiful game.

The Southampton service started at the beginning of last season and the feedback has been fantastic has really helped provide access.

Alan March Sport also provide this service (in the premier league) at Leicester and Wolves (Wolves are a new addition so keep an eye on Twitter when they will provide the service)

Hi there,
I'm Callum from Sheffield Sports Commentaries. @Ssportscomms on Twitter if anyone would like to follow us. Myself and 3 others provide live commentary to partially sighted Blades fans in the ground and to people in the Sheffield Hospitals. If you know anyone who would benefit from our service or want more information, then don't hesitate to contact me through private message on here, our Twitter page, or my personal twitter @CallumCheswick. Cheers!

Hi there,
I'm Callum from Sheffield Sports Commentaries. @Ssportscomms on Twitter if anyone would like to follow us. Myself and 3 others provide live commentary to partially sighted Blades fans in the ground and to people in the Sheffield Hospitals. If you know anyone who would benefit from our service or want more information, then don't hesitate to contact me through private message on here, our Twitter page, or my personal twitter @CallumCheswick. Cheers!
Good work mate. I’m sure a lot of people appreciate it. My dad would have liked that when he was in hospital.

Hi there,
Top men Calblade and SaintsAD, well done, I know sometimes when mum was still around and the blades were playing a night game away and I was listening to the RS commo on the game, mum would be sat in her chair and i thought she would be listening to either R2 or Classic or R4...no she was secretly also listening to RS to the game, as I helped her to bed she would say "United did well or Never mind", (she lost her sight over the years to MD), I would just chuckle to myself as I went to bed.
I know that services like yours for the partially sighted and blind are really truly appreciated, top man and well done to all of you who provide these things.

Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations on your promotion and all the best for the coming season.

I am one the Southampton audio description commentators for Alan March Sport. I know our fixture is the last one but just incase we were drawn in the cup I thought I’d let you know that this is a free service available to both home and away fans who are blind or partially-sighted. If you or anyone you know could benefit from this service when you come to St Mary’s then you can find details on booking here https://southamptonfc.com/supporter-services/disabled-supporters/audio-description

You can find us on Twitter @Saints_AD

All the best once again!

Quality post to like ratio 👌🏼

Who said that!?

Seriously though, good service, keep up the good work!

Good work mate. I’m sure a lot of people appreciate it. My dad would have liked that when he was in hospital.
Thanks bud! Really appreciate the opportunity, one of the big dreams of mine and my career was to one day commentate on the Blades and to do it at 19 is just silly really. Really love doing it though as I know it's massively appreciated by the partially sighted so it makes it worth while!

Back
Top Bottom