Portugal - Real Betis 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We stopped in Portimao last year and drove past the ground in a taxi from Faro. It looked like there wasn't a great deal nearby but didn't get a good look.
Drove past it last week - middle of nowhere from what I could see - just off the main drag (A22?) between Faro and Loule.

Just had a weekend on the Algarve courtesy of an incentive win at work. Went past the Stadium on the way to and from the airport. Doesn't look like there's much round there to be honest so probably best to drink in Albufeira and get taxis/buses up to the ground. Would have thought a taxi would be approx 50/60 euros each way as we paid 40 euros to get back to our villa from Albufeira and the Stadium is further still.

It is 10 min from Faro airport .... I would stay in Oliho where the accommodation is cheap; the beers are very cheap €3 a pint and the food is top draw at a fraction of the price of Albufeira .... €10 a steak. The best bit is its only 15 min from the ground in a cab. It's the state of the art stadium that holds twice a year a Benfica or Sporting Lisbon or Porto game .... so we should be pleased that we are worthy to play there. They are mad on football here and love the Brits

4 of us stopped in Portimao last year and loved it so I think we'll be going there again. About 45 mins to Algarve stadium but we'll stop off in Albufeira before and after

3.5k it holds. It was rammed last year when we played Maritimo, can see it being even worse now we're playing a bigger club. Algarve stadium is the right choice IMO. Although now we're less than a month until the supposed date it would be very interesting to see how many Blades go.
Loads of room the far end of the stand from the entrance side.

There'll be a lot of Betis fans, it's not far from Seville

Interesting stadium.

I went there to watch Russia v Spain in the Euro's many years ago. The stadium is in the middle of no where up a long winding round. Nothing round it at all. Faro is the nearest town, a bit of a walk away.

We sat in the top tier of one of the side stands, really good view, both ends are open.

Imagine Hunddersfields ground but with single tier open ends behind the goal. Both side stands are 2 tiered as in the picture.

Anyone going enjoy. I'm jealous.

We've been booked for a couple of week, paid £200 flights + hotel on Albufeira strip. Not sure if prices have changed? Looking forward to it, went last 2 years and has been a class weekend!

A mate of mine has laid a couple of coaches on if anyone needs transport to ground?
07961220020 if anyone needs a space
👍

Also Seville to Faro is apparantly only 2hrs 40 mins by train

If you are leaving it till the last minute it's worth looking at last minute deals or flight-only with the charter companies. They often buy blocks of seats on flights to places like Faro, and any unsold seats are sold off cheap a week or so before the flight.

Just spoke with the Ticket Office and apparently they aren't selling tickets and it's first come first served for tickets at the ground. This is the first time I've thought about travelling to a pre season friendly so is this normal? Do they worry about fan segregation (maybe not an issue)? Does anyone know if tickets can be booked directly in advance with the Estadio Algarve and if not what are the chances of it being sold out (don't want to travel all that way to find out I can't get in!)?
Edit just seen (post 168) that it holds 30,00 so I don't think selling out will be an issue!! Just don't want to be wth the Real Betis fans!

Last edited:

Usual job with general admission is all blades will just congregate together when we get in!

Back
Top Bottom