Sheffield United - Premier League Fixtures 2019/20

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anybody else who was pessimistic about survival now feeling oddly optimistic now that the fixtures are actually visible? Don't look too daunting at all other than the Xmas New Year double header.

Liking the quiet start, last few aren't too bad and February to mid March on paper actually looks positively easy.

And now we watch Bournemouth and Palace to see who goes. If Wilson, Fraser, Zaha, Wan-Bissaka, join Batshuayi in not being in those two teams I'll be very happy with those opening two fixtures.
I’m not too bothered about Wilson and Fraser but having to face Pike, Godfrey and Jones could be a problem.

Anybody else who was pessimistic about survival now feeling oddly optimistic now that the fixtures are actually visible? Don't look too daunting at all other than the Xmas New Year double header.

Liking the quiet start, last few aren't too bad and February to mid March on paper actually looks positively easy.

It certainly gives us a fighting chance.

Fairly happy with how they’ve fallen. Importantly we need to start well, which we traditionally haven’t done under Wilder - the opening 3 games are in the ‘winnable’ category and we can’t waste time starting slowly.

Will we have the title wrapped up by the time we play Everton with it being our last game of the season at home ?
Yes. Sir Chris will hold the trophy
Will we have the title wrapped up by the time we play Everton with it being our last game of the season at home ?
Yes. Sir Chris will hold the trophy aloft with one hand as he’ll have a peroni in the other🤣. Stearman will then fill it with ale and start drinking from it😂😂. It’s quite a big trophy by the looks of it so should hold plenty of ale😂😂🤣🤣⚔️⚔️

Fucking Bournemouth!! I waited all this time for Premier League and we're playing fucking Bournemouth.

Were playing each other in League 1 not so long ago!

I'm fairly happy... the key to staying up is having a good start and a good finish and we have very winnable home games to start with, and a favourable run in at the end. Away at Southampton could be a survival decider (hoping they're already down at that point).

City and Liverpool away in a matter of days looks like causing a grim start to 2020, and playing City twice within a month is harsh.

February sticks out to me though, could be key as they're all winnable and seemingly under Wilder February has always proved to be a pivotal month to how our season ends (thus far, positive outcomes each year!)

Right, bearing in mind a lot of these games will be shifted/rearranged etc., I'm thinking of continuing the 'Compared with last season' thread. As I don't think we'll get 89 points next season 😹, comparisons with 2018-19 may be a bit inaccurate...

SO, I've looked through all our fixtures next season and guessed what a realistic target is for each game and built in what we actually got. Here's my guesstimates:

Obviously I expect the usual discussions that follow Deadbat 's player rankings ('Er, I see you've given us a home win with Leicester, but I think we'll only draw' yadda, yadda, but these are fairly realistic expectations. Who knows? We might be relegated by Christmas. We might show Man. City what quality really is...

Based on the above figures, here's the season-long chart. The dotted red line is the 'trend' and will automatically change as points are accrued/lost. Likewise, the order of the opponents will automatically change as Sky fuck up the fixture list.

So, we'd be on target for 37 points...squeaky bum time. Thoughts?

grafikhaus - Would it be too negative to track the last 3 teams who finished in 18th as that's the first bridge to cross?
Obviously once we're flying and certain to stay up they can be removed.

grafikhaus - Would it be too negative to track the last 3 teams who finished in 18th as that's the first bridge to cross?
Obviously once we're flying and certain to stay up they can be removed.

It's a thought, but then it might come down to 'was that a poor season compared to this'? For example, I doubt if last season will be replicated in terms of a poorer bottom 3 - a total of just four seasons in the top-flight between them. Also tracking could be distorted by tough/easy runs of games for both them and us. I'll give it some thought (holiday? pubs? Who needs them? :D), but I'll leave you with this:

It's pretty safe to say that - based on the last ten seasons - 38 points should see us safe, but it didn't in 2006-07.

It's a thought, but then it might come down to 'was that a poor season compared to this'? For example, I doubt if last season will be replicated in terms of a poorer bottom 3 - a total of just four seasons in the top-flight between them. Also tracking could be distorted by tough/easy runs of games for both them and us. I'll give it some thought (holiday? pubs? Who needs them? :D), but I'll leave you with this:

View attachment 55156

It's pretty safe to say that - based on the last ten seasons - 38 points should see us safe, but it didn't in 2006-07.
You're on holiday? Well fuck that then, just have a line on 40 points.

The Man United home fixture falls near my birthday, and I thought the same thing occurred in the 06/07 season – turns out they’re coincidentally the 13th fixture in both seasons.

So 12 years wait to get a PL fixture and we get away to Bournemouth who have an away capacity of about 3 blokes and a dog then I'm on holiday for the Palace game grrrrrrr

We only have 4 mid week night matches all season, 3 at home and 1 away.

The standard evening kick offs are
Newcastle home
Man City home
Leicester away
Everton home (this is our last home game of the season and showing as playable Wednesday night instead of the normal Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

However I suspect some Saturday fixture may be changed to evening kickoffs.

Sky TV and BT TV do your thing
The Man United home fixture falls near my birthday, and I thought the same thing occurred in the 06/07 season – turns out they’re coincidentally the 13th fixture in both seasons.

It falls on the day of my 40th birthday party. If that gets moved to the Saturday night game, I hope everyone who attends the party enjoys it. See you all at 10.30pm.

updating my calendar & i still can't believe it, i was typing Chelsea. just seemed mad. that im chelsea are coming & then newcastle & the drop down box had northampton. shows how far we have come

Back
Top Bottom