Portugal - Real Betis 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just booked some flights to visit the Algarve, Portugal from the 11th July- 14th July.

Anyone else on here in that neck of the woods around that time.....
Planning on going out there at the same time, just trying to organise a couple of things to confirm it. UTB

Just booked some flights to visit the Algarve, Portugal from the 11th July- 14th July.

Im there 6th to the 13th. hopefully will be an open training session like last year so can meet some faces again !

I can probably do 6-10th, but i guess the Blades won't be there until after that

To get a sensible priced flight you need to take a flyer (no pun intended) as if you wait for United to confirm dates it would be cheaper to fly to US.

Match ticket info.

Don't bother asking our ticket office till at least 48 hours before the game because.........well,you know.

Warning! Moan coming up.

Why oh why does it have to be this way? Why can't they give the dates when they know them ?
It's like they don't want us to go and support them!
Why make it so hard for us?
Why is it all so secretive?

...deep breathing, eyes closed, calm, calm calm.:)

Warning! Moan coming up.

Why oh why does it have to be this way? Why can't they give the dates when they know them ?

Well. If it's a "large Spanish club", played in a "large neutral stadium" in Portugal, then someone, somewhere will be looking to make money out of it. The Stadium owners will be angling for a cut, there'll be some media rights to sort out, either live TV or streaming, pitch side advertising, the FA, Premier League & their Spanish & Portuguese colleagues will have to sanction the game & give approval. I suspect, an agent may have got the basics together and spoken to the two clubs to get an in principle agreement in place. Those rumours will start doing the rounds. If nothing else, because the agent will want to demonstrate to TV, sponsors, advertisers, etc that there would be some interest in the fixture if it happens. Last, but not least, the clubs themselves will want some synchronised announcement. We're a Premier League outfit now, there'll always be some stand off about money. For the Club themselves, it's reasonably straightforward. They'll have booked the flights, hotel & training facilities. They're going. Now, they need to get the small print together for a game. The one in La Manga was effectively against a made up team of available non leaguers from the local area.

Warning! Moan coming up.

Its playing havoc with my Half and Half Scarf production and the logistics through The Crab industries will be a nightmare if he has to send them by camel again

Well. If it's a "large Spanish club", played in a "large neutral stadium" in Portugal, then someone, somewhere will be looking to make money out of it. The Stadium owners will be angling for a cut, there'll be some media rights to sort out, either live TV or streaming, pitch side advertising, the FA, Premier League & their Spanish & Portuguese colleagues will have to sanction the game & give approval. I suspect, an agent may have got the basics together and spoken to the two clubs to get an in principle agreement in place. Those rumours will start doing the rounds. If nothing else, because the agent will want to demonstrate to TV, sponsors, advertisers, etc that there would be some interest in the fixture if it happens. Last, but not least, the clubs themselves will want some synchronised announcement. We're a Premier League outfit now, there'll always be some stand off about money. For the Club themselves, it's reasonably straightforward. They'll have booked the flights, hotel & training facilities. They're going. Now, they need to get the small print together for a game. The one in La Manga was effectively against a made up team of available non leaguers from the local area.
...you forgot to mention SYP.

You thought Michael O'Leary talked out of his arse, wait until you get a load of me..................

I've prepared a package thats bound to appeal to my fellow Blades.

Discount on our Breathing Tariff, usually £10 to breath in and £10 to breath out, for the Portugal tour, I'm giving you 50p off the Breathing Out Tariff.

50p off any purchases from Nicki's Sticky Treats trolley over £20.

Queuing for the on board toilet usually charged at £2.00 per minute reduced to £1.97.

Use of the on board toilet reduced from £5.00 per 25 secs to £4.75.

£25 per ticket to enter our "Be a TV Star" competition. This has almost nothing to do with the producers of Aircrash Investigation filming at Faro Airport.

2.5% off the cost of your private transfer to your hotel, brought to you by Vern's Holiday Transfers.

Just use the promo code #crabssoshithecouldntevenpullinthebessemer and thats it, happy flighting!

Getting a bit bored with the extremely late announcements on pre-season games now. It’s every year. And as I seem to state every time - if clubs like Oxford and Orient can plan these trips and announce them to fans in January, then so can we. We are Premier League now but the folk behind the planning/organising this stuff is very much non-league.

I think I’m not going to bother myself with Portugal this year in favour of a trip to Denmark to watch Enda, Egan and Didzy for the ROI. There is an actual schedule for that game - a date, kick off time, the lot.

Getting a bit bored with the extremely late announcements on pre-season games now. It’s every year. And as I seem to state every time - if clubs like Oxford and Orient can plan these trips and announce them to fans in January, then so can we. We are Premier League now but the folk behind the planning/organising this stuff is very much non-league.

I think I’m not going to bother myself with Portugal this year in favour of a trip to Denmark to watch Enda, Egan and Didzy for the ROI. There is an actual schedule for that game - a date, kick off time, the lot.
Sounds a great plan - only downside is you'll need plenty of beer money in Denmark ( for not much beer) !

I think the problem is .... United didn't really go to Spain & Portugal to play prestige friendlies against big name opposition in a full grown stadium. (Like I think you & I would like). They went for a run the alcohol out of your system, out of your comfort zone, training camp .... with any old random game tagged on. I get that it's a good opportunity for either a family holiday, or lads n lasses on the booze on the strip, but it's not really "a football trip"

I've prepared a package thats bound to appeal to my fellow Blades.

Discount on our Breathing Tariff, usually £10 to breath in and £10 to breath out, for the Portugal tour, I'm giving you 50p off the Breathing Out Tariff.

50p off any purchases from Nicki's Sticky Treats trolley over £20.

Queuing for the on board toilet usually charged at £2.00 per minute reduced to £1.97.

Use of the on board toilet reduced from £5.00 per 25 secs to £4.75.

£25 per ticket to enter our "Be a TV Star" competition. This has almost nothing to do with the producers of Aircrash Investigation filming at Faro Airport.

2.5% off the cost of your private transfer to your hotel, brought to you by Vern's Holiday Transfers.

Just use the promo code #crabssoshithecouldntevenpullinthebessemer and thats it, happy flighting!

Errrrrrrm what about the discount if we bring our own rubber bands in case the ones in the wankel engines break ?......
just asking like..

Back
Top Bottom