Possible Summer Targets - Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gossip Column this morning:

"QPR boss Mark Warburton says he does not regard Luke Freeman's departure from QPR as inevitable. Englishman Freeman, 27, has been linked with Middlesbrough and Sheffield United."

Linked article doesn't mention us though

When would be the best time to start another Sam Gallagher thread?

This is the first time his name has been mentioned.

Thank you.

We've finally found the man to get us 25 goals next season.

Said on the player suggestions thread, Jamal Lowe at Pompey really excites me.
Potentially top drawer, versatile, late comer from non league but still only 24. Seems to be a late developer and a small risk for potentially huge rewards.
Pace to burn, skillful and with an eye for goal (largely from the wing this season due to them not having many wingers more than anything) - comfortable out wide, up front, or as a number 10.

Whenever I watch Pompey him, Curtis and Clarke are all by far their best players.

His story is endearing, the type of character you'd love around the place. Prescot Cables esque.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...heckatrade-trophy-final-sunderland-non-league
https://www.skysports.com/football/...looked-like-it-was-going-in-a-downward-spiral

Said on the player suggestions thread, Jamal Lowe at Pompey really excites me.
Potentially top drawer, versatile, late comer from non league but still only 24. Seems to be a late developer and a small risk for potentially huge rewards.
Pace to burn, skillful and with an eye for goal (largely from the wing this season due to them not having many wingers more than anything) - comfortable out wide, up front, or as a number 10.

Whenever I watch Pompey him, Curtis and Clarke are all by far their best players.

His story is endearing, the type of character you'd love around the place. Prescot Cables esque.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...heckatrade-trophy-final-sunderland-non-league
https://www.skysports.com/football/...looked-like-it-was-going-in-a-downward-spiral

Let’s see how he does tonight.

Gossip Column this morning:

"QPR boss Mark Warburton says he does not regard Luke Freeman's departure from QPR as inevitable. Englishman Freeman, 27, has been linked with Middlesbrough and Sheffield United."

Linked article doesn't mention us though
freeman would be a great signing imho

"Osama's a great lad", said Wilder. "He's been written off for the last 8 years, so he's hungry and has a point to prove. He can give us a real explosive threat at the top of the pitch. We need to start killing teams and I really think he can help us do that."

"Osama's a great lad", said Wilder. "He's been written off for the last 8 years, so he's hungry and has a point to prove. He can give us a real explosive threat at the top of the pitch. We need to start killing teams and I really think he can help us do that."
"Osama, his second names Bin Laden,
Osama, on loan from Al-Qaeda,
Osama, he's bombing down our wing
1 2 3 4"

mostly top half championship, at best suggestions.
Woods and Billing decent shouts though

Goalkeepers

Dean Henderson - Hopefully permanently with a buy back clause.

Neil Etheridge
- A good alternative. Had a good season for Cardiff.

Jamal Blackman - If Chelsea fancy selling at a reasonable price I'd have him back, but not as number 1.

Defenders

Reece James - We'll undoubtedly be interested, as will others. But I don't see why we couldn't get him. There are at least two positions for him in our team and he'd play regularly.

Mason Holgate - The other obvious loan option for RWB/RCB. He'd be a great fit in both positions. Quick, athletic and good technically. Definitely one we'll consider.

Jake Cooper - Previously of interest to us. Aerially dominant and left footed. Think we're likely to go for him because he'd be upgraded competition at CB, and finally proper cover for O'Connell at LCB.

Tosin Adarabioyo - Composed ball playing defender with height and agility to go with it. Could play CB or RCB. Man City likely to loan him out again.

Matt Lowton - His defensive game will have improved at Burnley, and he might welcome the chance to come back and play in a RWB position that would suit his natural attacking instincts.

Krystian Bielik - Still contracted to Arsenal at 21, and has impressed for Charlton. Tall, agile and good on the ball. A natural defender who's been playing in midfield this season. Could be a good backup/development player for RCB and CM.

James Justin - 20 year old right back who's very comfortable at left back, where he's played this season for Luton. Another possible backup/development player. Has the attributes for wing back.

Jack Robinson - Solid player who's equally comfortable at LB or LCB. Hard to think of many for this area of the pitch given they'd only be squad players.

Greg Cunningham - See Robinson. Cardiff signed him for £3.5m from Preston, where he was very highly rated.

Midfielders

Calum Chambers - Has been one of Fulham's top performers this season in midfield having played more in defence previously. His quality on the ball has surprised me. This makes him a great option for CM or RCB. Still an Arsenal player though and may be a bit unrealistic.

Philip Billing - Tall, strong and technically good left footed central midfielder. Only 22 years old. Lot of potential. Huddersfield will probably sell for the right price.

Leandro Bacuna - Signed for Cardiff in January. Useful utility player. Athletic, versatile, hardworking and decent on the ball. Experienced at PL level but still quite young at 27. Would cover CM and RWB nicely.

Ryan Woods - Needs to leave Stoke. Very good, composed ball player who could also cover RWB.

Mo Diame - Already popular with our fans. The sort of strong all rounder we could do with. Out of contract at Newcastle. Wages might be high, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

George Saville - May be a surprising name but he's a left footed combative all round midfielder who can also cover LWB.

Luca Connell - Looked very promising as a 17 year old against us for Bolton. Comparable to Modric and Fleck. One for the long term possibly.

Jack Colback - Likely to be available from Newcastle. Would be direct Fleck competition. And another who can cover LWB.

Tom Davies - Showed a lot of promise at Everton but has stagnated. Can play deeper or more advanced. Agile, gets about the pitch well and has quality on the ball. Could be allowed out on loan.

Luke Freeman - He's ready made for the Duffy role. Skillful, clever, creative and scores goals. He's had a very good season with QPR, and has even been given the captaincy. He's stepped up a level, and I'm sure his best years are still ahead of him.

Romaine Sawyers - Skillful, versatile midfielder who links play nicely and can run with the ball. Has some similar traits to McGoldrick.

Mason Mount - Chelsea will probably want him in the PL next season. I think he's capable of filling the Duffy role, and also dropping deeper.

Alex Pritchard - Attacking midfielder with plenty of ability. Right footed ball carrier who can play wide or central. Would benefit from leaving Huddersfield. Could possibly be moulded into a Duffy type of player.

Attackers

Oliver McBurnie - A real all round centre forward. He's had an impressive goalscoring season for Swansea, with 21 league goals. Something many probably don't realise is that he's still only 22. Expect us to be interested, as I believe we were early last summer before being priced out.

Shane Long - Another previous target and likely future target. It would make complete sense. He's a decent all rounder who works hard, and is still quick. He's even started scoring again, but that could make him harder to sign.

Callum Robinson - Wide attacker who would've probably had 20 goals this season had he not missed 4 months through injury. Pacy, agile ball carrier who can play all across the line and go either way with the ball. The injury's not ideal, but this could help us get him cheaper, in addition to the fact he's into the last year of his contract. Knows Egan and Stevens from Ireland. Rumoured previous target too. Strong chance we'll be in for him. Hope so.

Sam Vokes - Proven target man at PL level. I've rated him ever since we had him on loan, and think he'd still be a good fit for us.

Karlan Grant - Huddersfield's bright spark after signing in January from Charlton for only £2m. He's one they'll fight to keep but would be the right type to go for.

Steve Mounie - Decent centre forward who's struggled a bit in a poor Huddersfield team. Proved he can score goals in his first season. Only 24. They might want to unload his wages.

Ollie Watkins - Powerful, direct goal threat who plays out wide or up front. Known to be rated by our management when he was at Exeter. Would be cheaper and more realistic than Maupay.

Harry Wilson - Very talented player with a wand of a left foot. Constant goal threat, and positionally flexible. As one of two behind a striker he'd be excellent.

Kemar Roofe - Athletic, hardworking and versatile player who I think would fit in very well here. As long as he gets fully fit again then his best is still to come.

Kenneth Zohore - An interesting one where I think 'how would he do in our team'. I think he's got the attributes for PL level but hasn't got back on his best form for Cardiff. Maintain and build his fitness, and I think he'd do well.

Gary Madine - I don't see why he couldn't be a handful in the PL, especially from the bench. We'll want someone of his ilk. Think we'll sign him.

Add your suggestions/possible signings. Think this one could go on indefinitely![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Anyone have any thoughts on Bobby Wood? Plays in germany for Hannover 96, he's American and a really good goalscorer.

"Osama, his second names Bin Laden,
Osama, on loan from Al-Qaeda,
Osama, he's bombing down our wing
1 2 3 4"

His first name's Osama, Osama, Osama,
His second names Bin Laden, Bin Laden, Bin Laden,
And he has got a beard, a beard, a beard,
And that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it,
wohaoooooooo, wohaoooooooo

"HUDDERSFIELD RELEASE FIVE

Goalkeeper Jonas Lossl is one of five senior players released by Huddersfield Town after their relegation from the Premier League.

Lossl, Erik Durm, Danny Williams, Jack Payne and Laurent Depoitre will all leave the club.

Huddersfield will take up option to sign Isaac Mbenza after his loan spell from Montpellier but the deal is yet to be completed."

I would be interested Lossl as a back up GK, would be an improvement on Moore. Eric Durm would provide back up to Stevens and has played LWB before.

The other 3 IMO aren't good enough.

Adria Pedrosa at Espanyol. Full back with blistering pace. Would likely be back up to Enda. Wouldn't cost the earth either. His run from the edge of his own box resulted in a low cross being put in his own goal by an Atletico Madrid defender. Only 20 years old.

Just a name I've seen this morning so thought I'd link him with us.

Adria Pedrosa at Espanyol. Full back with blistering pace. Would likely be back up to Enda. Wouldn't cost the earth either. His run from the edge of his own box resulted in a low cross being put in his own goal by an Atletico Madrid defender. Only 20 years old.

Just a name I've seen this morning so thought I'd link him with us.

Stock answer:

Do you think we'll sign a player we haven't been scouting?

We need to be looking at sensible investments, championship players that have bags of potential, that have outgrown their clubs but who would still see us as a step up. Maddison at Leicester is a good, if not slightly more expensive examples. The Murphy brothers are other good examples.

That way, if we stay up, they grow with us.
If we go down, they're either a good asset with resale value or were geared up to go back up and stay up, like Burnley.

Robinson's been mentioned
Bowen (more expensive)
Adams (out of our league?)
James, Swansea (ditto)
James, Wigan (loan)
Nmecha
McBurnie (I'd spend for him)
Maupay (ditto)
Matt Clarke (Pompey)
James Justin (Luton)

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-reveal-retained-list

Senior squad members Martin Olsson, captain Leroy Fer, Luciano Narsingh, Wilfried Bony and Wayne Routledge are among those to have been released after seeing their contracts come to an end.

wouldn't mind Olsson & Fer, maybe bony but i doubt he can regain the form that got him the move to man city 4 years ago

Fer is clocking on a bit, but I think he has two good years left, always looked a good player on the few occasions I have seen him.

We need to be looking at sensible investments, championship players that have bags of potential, that have outgrown their clubs but who would still see us as a step up. Maddison at Leicester is a good, if not slightly more expensive examples. The Murphy brothers are other good examples.

That way, if we stay up, they grow with us.
If we go down, they're either a good asset with resale value or were geared up to go back up and stay up, like Burnley.

Robinson's been mentioned
Bowen (more expensive)
Adams (out of our league?)
James, Swansea (ditto)
James, Wigan (loan)
Nmecha
McBurnie (I'd spend for him)
Maupay (ditto)
Matt Clarke (Pompey)
James Justin (Luton)

The absolute stand outs for me are Reece James, Callum Robinson and Oliver McBurnie.

I'd throw everything at getting James, including a good loan fee or Liverpool style financial penalties.

Robinson and McBurnie tick all the boxes and their clubs will both need to sell.

Getting these three for under £20m in fees would give us a great start.

Back
Top Bottom