50 Years on the BladerCoaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
Having slowly killed my brain reading the courtroom battle thread, my mind drifted over the ups and downs of half a century, and so I decided to try and visualise it in some way.

The result is shown here, in our ranking by league position over that period. There were some issues (which I ignored) when managers left midseason etc., but I think that it captures the general moodswings we've all had as we've lived through it.

4 big impact managers - Harris, Porterfield, Bassett and "Manager of the Season".

Of course Wilder will finish at least 2 places higher again next season!

I'm sure that Grafikhaus can make it look prettier - but at least it distracted me from legal squabbles for a while.

Let the Magic Continue.

Bladercoaster.jpg

Having slowly killed my brain reading the courtroom battle thread, my mind drifted over the ups and downs of half a century, and so I decided to try and visualise it in some way.

The result is shown here, in our ranking by league position over that period. There were some issues (which I ignored) when managers left midseason etc., but I think that it captures the general moodswings we've all had as we've lived through it.

4 big impact managers - Harris, Porterfield, Bassett and "Manager of the Season".

I'm sure that Grafikhaus can make it look prettier - but at least it distracted me from legal squabbles for a while.

Let the Magic Continue.

View attachment 53846

Impact managers? Whatever you may think of him Colin should be on that list.

As a club our last 50 years are pretty shameful really.

Whichever way you turn we have failures on our CV that no other club of a similar stature has in that period.

Our neighbour's pathetic last two decades shouldn't deflect from our own failings.

Sheffield football not only should expect more, it deserves more imho.

The court room embarrassment currently ongoing, and the non existent companies sponsoring our porcine chums, shows the reason for this failure still exists today.

Let the Magic Continue.

View attachment 53846
How the chuff did you get my cardiograph....gonna have words...with nursie...

Does that mean Ken Furphy was the manager that got us higher than anyone else. The thing about the earlier managers is that they were playing on a more level playing field. For the last 10/20 seasons money has dictated and we are not known for splashing the cash.

Does that mean Ken Furphy was the manager that got us higher than anyone else. The thing about the earlier managers is that they were playing on a more level playing field. For the last 10/20 seasons money has dictated and we are not known for splashing the cash.
yeah but with Harris' team tbf

Does that mean Ken Furphy was the manager that got us higher than anyone else.

Ken Furphy had us 6th in 74/75 with mostly Harris players.

Best post-war was 5th in 61/62 under John Harris.

But Now The Magic is Back

Warnock is no Wilder but Warnock's achievements should be acknowledged if one's making a success list.
Not knocking his achievements mate, just agreeing that he was a slow burner with regards to success as opposed to the others who had an immediate impact :)

Back
Top Bottom