Match Thread Leeds United v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So after the excellent midweek exploits today we face the relatively short trip to Elland Road. A crunch match, but will not be season defining on it's own. But with both teams in excellent form, something probably has to give to today. Needless to say.... This is tough.

So....

Any team news?

Madine starts his ban.

Sharp definitely starting...

Duffy returning to the starting lineup.

And McGoldrick.

Though it's arguably our biggest single game in a number of years, it is not a must win. More of a preferably don't lose :) And over the next few weeks pretty much each game going forward is our biggest of the season. These will be up for this today. Heart 1-1. Head.... loyse 2-1.

Be loud be proud be safe.

UTB

Time for a anotherNorwich away like performance growing into the game until we are dominant. Keep it tight and don't concede first. Not losing reallly sets up our run in. Team and Wilder have proved We can do this.1-1.

Without wanting to make excuses or sound like porcine Bruce from S6, I think the weather could be a great leveller today...

Whoever gets to grips with the conditions more quickly could prosper.

I think Leeds are keen to move the ball on the deck like us which could mitigate some of that and we both have CB's that are dominant in the air which will help with the 'swirl'.

A mistake either way could win it, I don't know, I'm anxious, argh!!!

Bricking it. Biggest league game since Wigan in 2007. Make or break time.

Bang on SOB. Non of this its just another game, this is it, the big one, the kahuna of all kahuna's. Lose and our fate is in the hands of others, win and Leeds will be depending on us slipping up, and we won't!

COYRAWWWWWWWWWW

0-0

Last edited:
One thing is certain we need to start well. If we’re not at the races from the get go, we could be 2-0 down before we know if

I know there are 8 games left after this one and nothing will be decided today,
but if we lose i can see our season ending without promotion, just can't see us winning the play offs which is where we will be unfortunately if we lose.
Just have this horrible feeling this season is going to end in disappointment.
Not even sure i can watch today, not enjoyed the last two away games on Sky, i just find myself watching the clock in the corner wishing it to speed up.

Agree biggest, this is a game where we could play well, get our just deserts and lose! But equally we could win. The games to follow although all are difficult we should be a cut above.

I expect something of a stalemate, for the first half at least.

If Wilder was happy with a point at Hillsborough, he'll definitely be happy with a point here.

If the conditions are bad that could favour us, because I don't know about Leeds, but our last 3 games have been played in bad conditions.

The pressure is more on us - losing has far more serious consequences for us.

I'm quite looking forward to it, a big game in a proper atmosphere.

For perspective, just remember what a ridiculous bonus automatic promotion would've been this season. But a 5 point gap is reduced back to 2 with just one win for us and one defeat for them.
And if we do end up in the play offs, we have a fantastic chance, despite what our army of scared fans might think. So although it's a huge game, it's not quite all or nothing.

So nervous, just can’t see us winning. When was the last time we won a game of this magnitude at this level? I can’t think of one.

I think Leeds 3-1 or 3-0 today. Our great run of form has to stop somewhere.

Today would have been the ideal place to play Sharp and Madine with Mcgoldrick or Duffy in behind and really take the game to them, unfortunately Madines stupidity has taken that away.

Should go Sharp and McGoldrick up top now and with that formation it is a toss up as to weather we play Dowell or Duffy as McG will drop off which suits Both Dowell and Duffy.

Very big test, would take a point as that leaves us very much still in it although relying on a slips ups from others. A loss and and we will be five behind Leeds and probably seven behind Norwich which is a lot to turn around at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom