Boro match is now a featured game on SKY.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MonkeyShitBomb.jpg

FFS ! Adds to the likelihood of defeat. Hope we still get our £10k though pays for the kitchen staff.

Can't we just fuck em off? Mister Chansiri sorted the Beeb out didn't he? Errr for a bit.

Because traditionally we under perform/ collapse or have bad luck in front of the cameras.
Off hand can only think of Leeds and Wednesday away last season when we were really good.

The cameras have absolutely no bearing on the result of any game. There are cameras there for every single game.

Of course that’s the case but it is weird how some of our worse performances have generally been the main match on Sky.
Thought the Villa game was the exception showing the watching viewers just how good we can be, until the last 10 minutes.

It’s a similiar thing to “we never perform in a playoff final”
It’s different managers, different players, so of course should have no bearing.
So it’s really weird how we never turn up every single play-off final, don’t even score a single goal.
If we get to the final under Wilder part of me will be confident but then I’ll get these creeping illogical feeling that we won’t score and we’ll lose in some weird unlucky fashion.

Of course that’s the case but it is weird how some of our worse performances have generally been the main match on Sky.
Thought the Villa game was the exception showing the watching viewers just how good we can be, until the last 10 minutes.

We’re normally on TV when we’re playing a good team or when it’s a derby. No real surprise that our worst performances have come against WBA, Leeds, Boro etc. Pigs played the most shamelessly defensive game I’ve ever seen and Rotherham played like it was do or die.

Conveniently we had little trouble beating mediocre non-local teams like Blackburn, Reading or Brentford when we played them on Sky.

Playoff finals is harder to explain mind, apart from we went into the last one slightly shell shocked from losing our leading scorer and had (from memory) a half-fit Craig Beattie and Chris Porter as our strikers :(

Because traditionally we under perform/ collapse or have bad luck in front of the cameras.
Off hand can only think of Leeds and Wednesday away last season when we were really good.

Derby at home, maybe our best performance of the season on TV (second half, anyway)

Name the other away game which was televised that we calamatously shot ourselves in the foot from a winning position in the last minute,this game also ended in a draw.

It's about time we demand double the Sky fees of any other game (including the Prem) or telling them to sod-off.

What surprises me about Sky money is the flat fee that is shared around at the start of the season is far higher than you get for actually being on tv. Only got 800k from the 13 games moved for tv. The flat fee is in the millions.

It’s a similiar thing to “we never perform in a playoff final”
It’s different managers, different players, so of course should have no bearing.
So it’s really weird how we never turn up every single play-off final, don’t even score a single goal.
If we get to the final under Wilder part of me will be confident but then I’ll get these creeping illogical feeling that we won’t score and we’ll lose in some weird unlucky fashion.

1997 - Kendall went ultra defensive away at home after the turn of the year (we won 7 away, but the last on Boxing Day, and didn't take the lead in any away league game after that). Plus Kachouro was the wrong selection: he was terrible.
2003 - tired from Forest/over-confidence/Mark Rankine over McCall/poorest defensive display of the season/Wolves came out of the box like lightning
2009 - only Craig Beattie up front and Blackwell's complete inability to deal with a limited Burnley side despite playing them a couple of weeks earlier
2012 - no decent forwards, for well documented reasons, and other injuries did not help.

I thought we would win in 1997. I thought we would win in 2003 until I got in the ground and had a feeling of impending doom. I thought we would lose the other 2 games.

I think we will make the playoffs this year, but not win them. We have shown this season we are well capable of besting most of the teams in this league but we have done less well with high pressure situations. This is one reason why tonight's match is interesting. Automatic is very much a possibility, but we have to start another one of our 4 game winning runs to get it.

What surprises me about Sky money is the flat fee that is shared around at the start of the season is far higher than you get for actually being on tv. Only got 800k from the 13 games moved for tv. The flat fee is in the millions.

You hardly get anything if you’re the away team, think it’s about£10k Home team gets between £100k and £150k depending what day it is on.

Anyone know of Sky Action or whatever.its.called is available on Now TV ?

Anyone know of Sky Action or whatever.its.called is available on Now TV ?

Yeah it is, I don't have Sky Sports but I occasionally buy a day or week pass when there's stuff on that I'll watch. Pretty sure the sky sports pass gives you access to all of their channels.

Back
Top Bottom