Pre-Match View From Boro

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We must defend better than against Villa - obviously - because if there's one team that is good at set peices, its Boro.

We must defend better than against Villa - obviously - because if there's one team that is good at set peices, its Boro.

At the risk of jinxing it, they've been surprisingly rubbish at them this season, with only 5 set-piece goals (4th-lowest in the league). 2 of which came in that second game of the season...

Villa, incidentally, are by far the highest scorers from set-pieces this season with 20 - next highest (Millwall) only have 14. Blades have 10.

Our fight against promotion started in earnest on Friday evening, and I expect it to continue on Wednesday. 2-1 to Boro, a late Flint winner.

Our fight against promotion started in earnest on Friday evening, and I expect it to continue on Wednesday. 2-1 to Boro, a late Flint winner.

Well, if Jelly Baby supporters have their way, that’s what will happen.

I think I’d prefer to get behind the best team we’ve had in decades. Idiosyncratic, I know, by S2 mores.

Boro' are a set of boring bastards who think they are going to win the golden boot award if they score more than one goal. If we score two we're nailed on to win and Billy is capable of doing this by himself. Another game where the opposition should be doing the worrying, not us.

they play a pretty basic get it forward early and try to bully you type of game, that should be tailor made for us. “

Once again it seems we have been found out.

Why do all these other teams have such knowledgeable supporters, when we are such a bunch of know-nowts?

Sadly and astonishingly, at a time when we are playing some sublime football, that’s exactly how the S2 noise and nonsense faction want us to play, and they’re getting increasingly noisy.

73D18E2C-A51A-4081-8865-2D6C1D457495.jpeg

Thanks Roy.
I am feeling confident about this, if we put 100% effort into the game we will out football them & win.

At the risk of jinxing it, they've been surprisingly rubbish at them this season, with only 5 set-piece goals (4th-lowest in the league). 2 of which came in that second game of the season...

Villa, incidentally, are by far the highest scorers from set-pieces this season with 20 - next highest (Millwall) only have 14. Blades have 10.
I tried to explain to some chap on here yesterday that they’re not as good in the air as most people make out but I don’t think he believed me, I’m glad you’ve cleared it up, Boro don’t play like that. They play a very patient, turgid game that lacks fluidity most of the time, that’s why their fans don’t like it.

....and which Sheffielders has the Boro fan been speaking to who don’t rate Stevens? He’s been a star performer this season and probably one of our most consistent players.

"They played 3-5-2 last game, with an inverted central pyramid.

So 3-5-2 would match up. exactly. It then becomes about winning individual battles.

Ayala/Flint/Fry vs Madine & Sharp. I would think we will do OK there.

Mikel vs Dowell their number 10 – we know which way that should go.

Howson & Saville vs Norwood & Fleck – would be a good battle

Shotton vs Enda Stevens who has had a great season. This will be a key battle

Friend vs Baldock again a tough battle to call

Britt & Hugill vs Basham, Egan & O’Connell. I think we would be looking to get Britt in behind Basham who isn’t quick.

Man for man we are a better team, if we are setup right we should be able to stiffle their attacks, because they play a pretty basic get it forward early and try to bully you type of game, that should be tailor made for us. “ Err what :eek:

Brit should be rubbing his hands then as Basham is not playing but the slower Cranie is...........................thats my only worry,and i think Madine will make his full home debut.

Chemical smog has got to a few people's brains up there. We are on Sky every other game, not sure where "big diagonals" comes from.

Although it's a good name for a 5 a side team

“The only thing that makes there formation interesting is there wider centrebacks overlap there wingbacks. That’s why I would be tempted to go with VLP as we may be able to catch them on the break with a bit of pace.”

It's they're , fucking they're !! :mad:
Did my head in big style that, too...aaarrgh

Back
Top Bottom