Financial Mumbo-Jumbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll assume you mean David Brooks.

The club won't be banking on possibilities, but those transfers are perfectly possible. Every little helps...
Where does the Maguire money come from we got our cut when Hull sold him.
We don't get another bite of the cherrrie

This won’t fit with people’s agendas about why we haven’t spent the Brooks money. We’re losing £10m a year, that’s why folks.

Its not that we're losing £10,000,000 per year
The question should be "How" ?

£20 million comes in
£19 million spent on wages

What is it that costs another £11 million ?

Interesting how in the past many moan about our owners even when they were putting in a couple or so million a year to balance the books when the thing which dominates the accounts is wages at £19 million.

Many players are on a good crack. If the players were on say half their wages our owners wouldn't need to put in a penny and we'd have a transfer kitty of millions but then no new players would want to come for low wages.

Fundamentally players in the Prem/Champs have been successful in maximising their wages and swiping all income plus a bit from player sales and owners and clubs losses. Good luck to them but nowadays a club is mainly a vehicle for players to make money and fans are secondary, maybe always were.

£20 million comes in

When you're filling out your clients financial info forms when offering expert advice and they list their outgoings, do you tell them rent gas, electricity, council tax, house repairs, insurance, water rates, telephone bills etc, don't count?

Or is it another pathetic attempt at a wind up? Because it's been done in the past by far better wums.

Last edited:

£20 million comes in

oploss.jpg
Thats over £3m of it there, before you even think about generic costs that a company employing 178 people need to incur.
Need to stock the club shop, put ale behind the bars on match days, run conferencing facilities year round, the list goes on...

£20 million comes in

I assume you are taking the piss.....hopefully

View attachment 49595
Thats over £3m of it there, before you even think about generic costs that a company employing 178 people need to incur.
Need to stock the club shop, put ale behind the bars on match days, run conferencing facilities year round, the list goes on...

That is a monumental increase on Trade Debtor Impairment, any ideas what on earth may have caused that Sean Thornton?

Puts it in perspective doesn’t it. I always say I’d buy us if I won the lottery, but it’d need to be the Euro Millions by the looks of things.

£10m loss per season when things are going well. Jesus.

Any reason why lots of people - including The Star - are reporting £10m losses? That's before player sales. Which, to be honest, are a pretty normal part of being a football club.

It takes away from the great job Wilder is doing as manager when it comes to helping to balance the books. We really lost £1.9 million last year, compared to £5.8 million the year before.

I believe we are the only club in the world that loses tens of millions pounds a season so have to sell our best players for peanuts to survive going bust.

Strange Ey?

When you're filling out your clients financial info forms when offering expert advice and they list their outgoings, do you tell them rent gas, electricity, council tax, house repairs, insurance, water rates, telephone bills etc, don't count?

Or is it another pathetic attempt at a wind up? Because it's been done in the past by far better wums.

£11 million still seems a lot

View attachment 49595

The wages of the 178 staff would surely be included in the £19 million wage bill, most are part time and seasonal workers, many probably don't get more work than a few hours a week
And although we have to buy the pies, beer, hot dogs, shirts, key rings, wallets etc, the sales would form part of our turnover

The £11 million difference just seems very high

£11m is a very high loss all things considered. Some people blaming that some of the reasons for that would be covered in the wages or the selling of merchandise or food etc, we don’t give the fuckers away.

I honestly don’t think anyone could tell you why it’s £11m? I for one would love to know as these things interest me.

Yes but which thieving git dropped us in it for £110k

It's likely to have been a recent debt given the amount that's been stated, if it was a really old debt most of it would have already been impaired anyway.

The mind boggles.

Any reason why lots of people - including The Star - are reporting £10m losses? That's before player sales. Which, to be honest, are a pretty normal part of being a football club.

It takes away from the great job Wilder is doing as manager when it comes to helping to balance the books. We really lost £1.9 million last year, compared to £5.8 million the year before.

It's an operating loss rather than the bottom line net loss, profit on player sales (to my knowledge) would be classified as Other Income. Think of Operating Profit (or Losses in this case) as profit or loss from day to day activities and you won't go far wrong :)

View attachment 49595
Could someone be kind enough to explain what this is in layman’s terms? The attachment part please?

Interesting how in the past many moan about our owners even when they were putting in a couple or so million a year to balance the books when the thing which dominates the accounts is wages at £19 million.

Many players are on a good crack. If the players were on say half their wages our owners wouldn't need to put in a penny and we'd have a transfer kitty of millions but then no new players would want to come for low wages.

Fundamentally players in the Prem/Champs have been successful in maximising their wages and swiping all income plus a bit from player sales and owners and clubs losses. Good luck to them but nowadays a club is mainly a vehicle for players to make money and fans are secondary, maybe always were.

Anybody actually tried it?

What's wrong wi an advert in The Times asking for professional footballers along with Wilders mobile number - no agents need apply.

Back
Top Bottom