Financial Mumbo-Jumbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting to see our income at 20m and the pigs at 23m despite being backed by the Chancer..... maybe he isn't putting as much iin as we thought. Although I don't know if that would technically count as income?

I must admit, I was expecting this to be a lot more for the pigs, considering the shirt sponsorship and other back door stuff.

Interesting to see our income at 20m and the pigs at 23m despite being backed by the Chancer..... maybe he isn't putting as much iin as we thought. Although I don't know if that would technically count as income?

Maybe there's only so much money you can receive from companies which aren't fucking real.

They'd have Duff beer on the shirts if there were no laws on sponsorship from alcohol companies.

Interesting to see the wages bills of Norwich and Derby are 2nd and 3rd highest yet we are being fed that Norwich is an against the odds story and Lampard has repeatedly said Derby aren’t one of the big spenders in the league.

No, I think it would be shown as a loss, not as income.

I must admit, I was expecting this to be a lot more for the pigs, considering the shirt sponsorship and other back door stuff.

I believe Chansiri paid £1.2m for the shirt sponsorship and some of the stuff around the ground in 2018. In theory, any deal like this can't be for way over market value (otherwise rich owners could pay £50m to sponsor their own shirt and circumvent FFP). Throwing in the ground stuff muddies the waters a little but other Championship clubs (even the likes of Villa and Leeds) aren't getting 7 figure sums for shirt sponsorship deals so I don't think it would be unfair to say they've stretched it as far as they dare.

United are streets ahead of weds from a commercial point of view. Some of the money that weds are throwing away through not being commercially switched on is scary.

The above figures are further proof of the financial damage resulting from chasing the "dream ticket" that is the Premier League. An organisation that cares not a jot for the rest of the EFL and has no interest, it seems, in facilitating a distribution of wealth from the insane TV revenue deals that Sky put in.

I'm not sure it could be achieved, but when Sky had their latest Premier League TV deal package accepted, which was a massive increase on the last deal, couldn't the Premier League insist one a maximum proportion could be spent on player wages?

In Germany, they still manage a top quality league, but with lower wages and match tickets under control.

Why are Huddersfield in those tables?

The bad debtor. Was it Chansiri not paying for the tickets on the BLLT?

This won’t fit with people’s agendas about why we haven’t spent the Brooks money. We’re losing £10m a year, that’s why folks.
and also probably indicates that we will have to sell a first team player for substantial money each season unless we get promoted in order to keep with the financial guidelines. Chansiri's refusal to sell players has put Wednesday in financial distress

Wow......don’t let Owlstalk get hold of this data.
Their crowds are lower than ours but apparently it no longer matters.
They say it’s all about revenue and as (according to them) they charge nearly double what we charge, then their income will be double.

This is yet more evidence that Chancer is treating them as deluded mugs.

Really interesting, cheers TomJonesBlade

It looks to me like the club is being run fairly sensibly and still making a sizable loss every season. This is the situation for every club not benefiting from parachute payments. To put it in FFP context: if we're losing 10 million a year, we only afford to increase that by 2-3 million before running into the danger of violating P&S rules. Even owners wealthier than the ones we have now would face that problem, by the way--the difference would be that we wouldn't have to sell a David Brooks every season to cover the losses.

untitled.jpg

Their income is analysed slightly differently to ours (and is yet to be released for 2018), but you'd expect Chancers dodgy sponsorship deals (D Taxis, Elev8, etc) to be within the £6.5m commercial activities. The 2017 & 2016 figures are for their two promotion chasing seasons so I'd expect matchday revenues to be down on that when they release the 2018 accounts (due 28th Feb).

If we dont get promoted the plan for the summer is hope Harry Maguire goes to Man U for £50m and that Che Adams is sold on by Brum for £15m+

I'll assume you mean David Brooks.

The club won't be banking on possibilities, but those transfers are perfectly possible. Every little helps...

I'll assume you mean David Brooks.

The club won't be banking on possibilities, but those transfers are perfectly possible. Every little helps...

Apologies, i did mean Brooks, we're also due a 5% on any future transfer of Maguire and 20% from Che Adams.

Back
Top Bottom