Since when was this a ground regulation?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Junior Blades pen.

Supporters are asked to note that there will be a change in Sheffield United's ticketing policy with regards to booking fees from Wednesday 2nd January 2019.

Since 1996, the Blades have only charged a £1 booking fee per transaction, however, due to increased outlay over the years of bank charges, ticketing provider costs, stationery and postage, the club have decided to increase booking fees.

From Wednesday 2nd January 2019, United will be charging £1 booking fee per ticket/membership purchased for online and telephone orders.

Please note that adults can only purchase tickets for the Family Stand if they are accompanied by children and a restriction of 2 adults per child is in place.

A full refund will be given on all home match tickets, providing they are returned to the Ticket Office prior to kick-off.

Please note that all ticket sales are subject to the terms and conditions of Sheffield United FC.

In order for supporters to receive loyalty points, the customer number of each attending supporter must be selected in the shopping basket before proceeding to the payment screen. Points for attending matches will not be applied retrospectively under any circumstances. Points are non-transferable between customer accounts.

Only one ticket per customer number is now permitted.

If you would like to purchase tickets for family and friends online, you can do this by adding them to your 'family and friends' in the 'My Account' section above, to add existing you will need the customers surname, postcode and customer number alternatively you can register a new customer.

To purchase tickets for family and friends over the telephone or in person please have all their appropriate customer details readily available in order for our operators to quickly find/add them to the ticketing system.

Please be advised that juniors under 14 are not permitted into the stadium unless accompanied by an adult.

Please be advised that under 14's pointing to a nearby bloke and saying "I'm with him" are unlikely to find a steward arsed enough to investigate.

Wouldn't the problem be buying the tickets in the first place?

It’s all getting rather silly. They seem to be making it things very complicated simply to purchase a match ticket.
It doesn’t really encourage new supporters to buy tickets without an awful lot of buggering about.
Can you just decide to turn up and attend a home game these days if you’ve never been before?

It’s all getting rather silly. They seem to be making it things very complicated simply to purchase a match ticket.
It doesn’t really encourage new supporters to buy tickets without an awful lot of buggering about.
Can you just decide to turn up and attend a home game these days if you’ve never been before?

Bert has invited 3 guests to tomorrow night's game He had to supply 3 customer numbers to buy 3 tickets.

The last minute casual supporter is no longer welcome.

Bert has invited 3 guests to tomorrow night's game He had to supply 3 customer numbers to buy 3 tickets.

A simple way for Bert to get around this however is to register a new fan, let’s call him Bort, who happens to coincidentally live at exactly the same manor Bert resides. Bort then gives Bert permission to buy on his behalf through the Friends & Family part of the online ticketing site. That way Bert can allocate Bort’s ticket to whichever casual supporter wants to join him.

I’ve successfully done this for about a year now. BoughloroBlade has accompanied me to a handful of games.

A simple way for Bert to get around this however is to register a new fan, let’s call him Bort, who happens to coincidentally live at exactly the same manor Bert resides. Bort then gives Bert permission to buy on his behalf through the Friends & Family part of the online ticketing site. That way Bert can allocate Bort’s ticket to whichever casual supporter wants to join him.

I’ve successfully done this for about a year now.
That's what Bert has done although they aren't called Bort, but what a bloody nuisance

A mate tried to buy a concession ticket online this morning, as usual gives no such option, had to phone up and do it, club disinterested.
Is the club trying to make it as hard as possible to buy tickets?

isn't that what they're seeking to prevent ?

The ticketing policy at the Lane is getting worse and worse.

- Flawed bonus points system. Good in principal but needs an overhaul whereby older points drop off the total at some point
- The £1 web sales fee per ticket which I posted about yesterday is daylight robbery and leaves a sour taste
- The need to register every single supporter per ticket sold is absurd

We live in an age where every form of live entertainment is competing not just with each other but against the instant gratification demanded by the younger generation and catered for by the digital world. The very least clubs can do is to make the operation of buying a ticket as accesible and easy as possible.

Compare and contrast with the experience of buying tickets for Man City which I did a few weeks back, 1 registration for as many tickets as I wanted, price coded stadium plan online, a digital image of the view from the seats I selected, tickets delivered next day in a nice wallet with some marketing bumph inside. It's really not rocket science.

I’ve successfully done this for about a year now. BoughloroBlade has accompanied me to a handful of games.
Would Bort have to bizarrely talk about himself in the third person?

Please be advised that juniors under 14 are not permitted into the stadium unless accompanied by an adult.

If they'd done that when Bert was a lad he would probably never have been a Unitedite.

Unfortunately it is the way of the world. At eight years old me and my pal would get the bus from Lowedges and queue outside till the gates opened. Well me,mi pal and about 500 other kids of about the same age. Don't remember any of us being tampered with.

Please, can't we pause for a moment and think of the children?

If this rule saves just one teenager from harm it will have been worth introducing. Children are our future, and we should make all efforts necessary to protect them.

People suggesting that teenagers be allowed into the Lane unaccompanied are being dangerously reckless. You don't gamble with the safety of children.

Coould be an insurance thing, policy to cover personal injury doesn't cover U14's unless accompanied by an adult

Unfortunately it is the way of the world. At eight years old me and my pal would get the bus from Lowedges and queue outside till the gates opened. Well me,mi pal and about 500 other kids of about the same age. Don't remember any of us being tampered with.

Coming from Lowedges might’ve got something to do with it!! ;)

Greenhill lad here !!

We must be a very wealthy club as we appear to be doing all in our power not to encourage support.

Please, can't we pause for a moment and think of the children?

If this rule saves just one teenager from harm it will have been worth introducing. Children are our future, and we should make all efforts necessary to protect them.

People suggesting that teenagers be allowed into the Lane unaccompanied are being dangerously reckless. You don't gamble with the safety of children.
Yes, they just might catch the dreaded Blades bug and be afflicted for life!!

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom