BladesPod: Villa analysis | Boro preview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Still feeling bad about the Villa game? Blades Analytics and I attempt to accentuate the positives (and, of course, break down the negatives) from a wild match. We talk about:
  • how we blew that game (05:03)
  • Dean Henderson's performance and fallout (13:35)
  • whether the wheels are about to fall off the season... (19:30)
Then:
  • A hot take about our automatic promotion chances (23:20)
  • Strong performances from Madine and Dowell (32:56)
  • Billy Sharp's century of goals (38:35)
  • And finally, a preview of the Boro game midweek (46:25)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/bladespod/id1309198119?mt=2

Thanks as always for listening - personally felt better after this one, so hopefully you will too ;) Pleased to say I'm chatting to Sam from DEM BLADES later in the week after the Boro game, so look out for that one then.

Looking forward to a listen on the way home chaps, as painful as it still is!

Thanks guys, a fantastic listen, I do feel a bit better. Still a little gutted though !

Sorry for being thick but what was the 'silver tick' tweet referred to in the podcast? Was it something Bullen put out about us?

Sorry for being thick but what was the 'silver tick' tweet referred to in the podcast? Was it something Bullen put out about us?

Think it was a green tick actually, or it depended on your device! Yeah Bullen just tweeted a tick emoji immediately after we’d drawn... :tumbleweed:

This sentence would have made zero sense ten years ago.

Cheers lads,listened going up the A1 to County Durham with work...only problem it timed out before Scotch Corner,i could have done with a bit longer.
Agree with your comments on the Villa game,i thought the same,we panicked and gave the ball away,gave free kicks away and let them back in...but if Hendo deals with the corner,i think it could well have finished 3-0.

Really interesting stuff, so professional and informative, keep up the excellent work.

Once the dust settles your words are fair and highlight that the positives massively outweigh any negatives.
Made me feel better, thanks.

Great listen as always. Keep up the good work!

Excellent work again fellas. Really enjoy listening to these. Thanks.

Thanks again great listen. Interested to hear Boro really aren’t that good from crosses. The reference to their 1-0 wins is what I think the score will be unfortunately :(

I have more faith for the Reading game though !

Good podcast again, I really enjoyed it. You made me feel like we were lucky to get a point from Friday. Flint will definitely score.

13622D60-F91F-4C78-B0AD-C0C590CCE2C4.png
Interesting as always - but I don’t blame Deano for the second - at least he pushed it sideways and not forwards like he did with the previous freekick.

Look at this still - and at the 4 players at the far post with Abraham behind them. Four (FOUR) players watching the ball and ignoring probably the most valuable striker in the league.

Face forwards like proper defenders then you see him and simply block him off. Totally unprofessional from 4 players at once.

For me this was the moment that we lost the 2 points - and the great thing is that this is easy to change.

The Magic will be back Tonight

Listened to this. Very refreshing to hear sensible discussion, including puncturing a few fans’ fallacies. No knee-jerking, no Bladey Inferiority Complex, no self-indulgent petulance.

I didn’t agree with every single word, but you’re young and willing to learn...

Back
Top Bottom