When united lose how does it make you feel?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S8blade

Reaction score
So for me when united lose or draw like the other night ( felt like a loss) it totally ruins my weekend or night. We as Blades should probably be used to it over the years but ive found as ive got older it takes longer to get it out of my system...interested to hear how other Blades feel and how they get over a loss ..thanks

Ruins the weekend/week, when I was in my 20s my work mates knew I would be a no show at work after a defeat, yeah I know it's pathetic but that's how it was.

I'm never too fussed. Another game will come thick n fast. I don't really get this Modern Football thing where fandom is measured by disappointment. My Bladeyness is measured in units of Joy.....

I’d have said units of beer.

I just have a reyt good drink, let our lass rape me whilst I’m a sleep, wake up, let her give me a good fucking leathering and I feel as reyt as rain next morning. :oops::eek:o_O:confused::rolleyes::)

Reactions: Dkc
If we're having an indifferent season ie. win,win,lose, lose draw lose, win etc it bothers but doesn't devastate. If we have a season like this, losing really affects me, badly, sort of withdraw from all football matters, tv, radio, all media etc. Luckily my Mrs has zero interest in football so able to normalise. I'm very fragile and sensitive. When we lost 5-0 to Leeds during our early 1990s promotion season I took to my bed and avoided the world i was so bereft.
In other aspects of my life I'm quite controlled and measured. Never ever get particularly high or low

Me too. I'm still having the odd outburst. And I'm usually fine after a bad result. I can't shake the feeling that Friday night will be very significant. Best just not to think about it...

I fear you might be right

Don’t mean to sound flippant, but I get over it almost immediately. Sometimes my team loses football matches and when they do, I will still have my health, my lifestyle and a very attractive missus.

The disappointment is nowhere near how good I feel when we win. I know that might sound odd, but I get right into it, love a win and shrug off a defeat.

I went berserk when we scored the winner at Millwall. Ordered another beer when we lost to Swansea.

If we're having an indifferent season ie. win,win,lose, lose draw lose, win etc it bothers but doesn't devastate. If we have a season like this, losing really affects me, badly, sort of withdraw from all football matters, tv, radio, all media etc. Luckily my Mrs has zero interest in football so able to normalise. I'm very fragile and sensitive. When we lost 5-0 to Leeds during our early 1990s promotion season I took to my bed and avoided the world i was so bereft.
In other aspects of my life I'm quite controlled and measured. Never ever get particularly high or low
Think it was 4-0. We lost 5-0 when we went down in 1988.

So for me when united lose or draw like the other night ( felt like a loss) it totally ruins my weekend or night. We as Blades should probably be used to it over the years but ive found as ive got older it takes longer to get it out of my system...interested to hear how other Blades feel and how they get over a loss ..thanks
cat.png

Never get very drunk then?
No I don't. I haven't been drunk for years. A low level cocktail of old man health issues meant I had to come off the Unsustainable Drink Program maybe 5 years ago. My new program is simple, if I feel remotely squiffy, I stop drinking.

Depends on the manner in which we lose (or draw).

If we play out of our skins and get done by cruel luck or some dodgy decisions I feel disappointed and frustrated, but that doesn’t last long. I soon go, “hey-ho, that’s football”. And it certainly doesn’t spill over into my personal life.

If we play like shite and deserve to lose or barely scrape a draw it’s much worse. I think...”Why do I bother?” And I’m inclined to switch off and lose interest. I was like that under Weir and Adkins at times. I got to the point where I didn’t want to go to games, even though I had a season ticket. I started to seriously question whether I should just pack it in and do something else with my Saturdays. Although I rarely did. I usually turned up the next home game thinking it can’t be as bad again.

I never get angry about it, never. I came into this knowing there’d be highs and lows and probably more lows than highs. If I ever found it affected my mood to that extent I’d consider that to be a good reason to pack it in or question what is missing in my life to let it affect me that bad.

But we are all different of course and what is normal for me isn’t necessarily normal or right for others.

I do think that many fans see only the result and not the performance at times though and the negativity after a loss, or even a draw, is astounding sometimes. I don’t like it when fans start lashing out at the players or manager when they have bust a gut for us and played well, but got done by some cruel twist of fate. I think fans like that are downright irrational and detrimental to the club they are supposed to “support”.

I record everything that utd will feature on for the diffrent opinons .if we lose i will delete everthing like a mardy twat .
Ha, a bit like me pal only I delete or ignore everything that’s football related that weekend/ night, not just United.

When we get a good result I watch everything on offer, I can’t get enough football so it looks like I’m an even bigger mardy twat.

Having witnessed the Don Givens penalty miss against Walsall in 1981, all other defeats pale into insignificance in comparison to the feelings that I went through that day.
Very true pal although it’s a long time since a game kept me awake most of the night like on Friday. Let’s face it we’d have settled for a draw before a ball was kicked. I just think it was coming down from being on such a high, playing superbly well and going top then throwing it away like we did. The highs and lows of football eh?

Back
Top Bottom