Ben Marshall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

shreds1975

Reaction score
Just read a tweet from John Percy ( a journalist who wednesdayites were creaming over the other day due to Marshall related hints. It even led some to abuse Seth Bennett for offering a different view). Anyway his latest tweet says

"Stoke have had "at least" 4 or 5 calls from clubs asking about ben Marshall - and a bid from Sheffield United"

To be honest I can't see Stoke selling him and the Megson/Pulis mutual appreciation society probably means that if he goes on loan to a club below Championship level it will be Wednesday. Maybe shows where our priorities are (wing - which i wouldn't disagree with) and suggests there must be more than a good chance of Quinny leaving.

Just read a tweet from John Percy ( a journalist who wednesdayites were creaming over the other day due to Marshall related hints. It even led some to abuse Seth Bennett for offering a different view). Anyway his latest tweet says

"Stoke have had "at least" 4 or 5 calls from clubs asking about ben Marshall - and a bid from Sheffield United"

To be honest I can't see Stoke selling him and the Megson/Pulis mutual appreciation society probably means that if he goes on loan to a club below Championship level it will be Wednesday. Maybe shows where our priorities are (wing - which i wouldn't disagree with) and suggests there must be more than a good chance of Quinny leaving.
Marshall looks a good prospect but if we have money to buy him I'd rather spend it on Phillips

Phillips ain't available though Judge, not to us in this league.

If we got promotion, then maybe, but I'd still stay unlikely.

Phillips is superior to Marshall but Marshall by all accounts is a good player. Cant see us signing him, hes been rewarded with a new contract at Stoke has'nt he? We would only be looking at a loan, in which case, I see no reason he would not continue his loan spell with the filth.

Yeah Stoke have just given him a new contract. So if he goes out anywhere it'll only be on loan. Probably to Wednesday.

If we somehow got hold of Marshall (which we won't), it'd be the little boys' equivalent of when Man U bought Andy Cole purely to stop Newcastle.

I'm all for it - sure we've got a vacancy on the shop checkout for him.

If we somehow got hold of Marshall (which we won't), it'd be the little boys' equivalent of when Man U bought Andy Cole purely to stop Newcastle.

I'm all for it - sure we've got a vacancy on the shop checkout for him.

Didn't we do that with Beckett? The guy ended up playing!

if the rumours about Cheds case being dropped and him being linked to stoke with Marshall coming the other way then it could happen. Then with the ched money sign an up and coming striker and were quids in

i'd say money from an agree'd player sale

least we are going for the right type of player cut the wage bill and get good young players from premiership clubs on lower wages

Quinny, Monty, Evans all on high wages we can't afford to keep paying, January is gonna be a massive month for us as a team
we need to hope we make february replacing what we have lost and hope it doesn't effect the results

So It seems that we are looking for a wide man to be our final addition of the window. Ben Marshall is available for loan. Solid player, very versatile, can play down either flank or a central role, very good cross on him. Has played full back a few times, capable tackler although not his speciality. Would be useful for when we change shape mid-game and provide extra competition/backup for 2/3 positions. Wouldn't be surprised if we've asked.

So It seems that we are looking for a wide man to be our final addition of the window. Ben Marshall is available for loan. Solid player, very versatile, can play down either flank or a central role, very good cross on him. Has played full back a few times, capable tackler although not his speciality. Would be useful for when we change shape mid-game and provide extra competition/backup for 2/3 positions. Wouldn't be surprised if we've asked.
Ex pig , one too many

Norwich are struggling with the EFL "homegrown" players rule, so might be keen to keep Marshall.

Imagine Marshall crossing for Madine to score the winner against the Pigs.

The rusty world at S6 would implode. Crackling everywhere.

Or how about McGoldrick playing it out wide to Marshall who crosses it in to Clarke, who flicks it onto Madine to score the winner against the pigs?

Or how about McGoldrick playing it out wide to Marshall who crosses it in to Clarke, who flicks it onto Madine to score the winner against the pigs?

I always forget that Didzy was at the Pigs. There's no photo evidence of it. He much prefers it here.

ahha - Ben 10 as the pigs used to call him.

Was talking to a decent S6 supporter yesterday and he attributed Ben Marshall to contributing greatly to how Madine played - supplied a lot of balls.

Johnson was supposed to give us width and we all know how that has panned out.

UTB

I think this would be a positive move if Norwich agree to let him join Utd. Good player able to play in a variety of positions on the wing, good delivery and scores the odd goal

0w5UAMX.gif

Back
Top Bottom