Match Thread The Mighty Blades v QPR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So back to BDBL this afternoon with the visit of QPR. A very intriguing match, with the visitors seemingly on the edge of an unlikely push for the play offs. I believe they're on a 5 game unbeaten run, with a draw v Villa and victory over Leeds in that time......

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Revert back to the side that started v Wigan?

Or are there starting places for Madine and Dowell?

Really looking forward to see how Madine slots into the system today. While I'm shocked it was him we've brought in, the difference he brings to the forward line is a positive you would imagine. Would love to see him and Billy score today in our 2-0 victory ;)

UTB

So back to BDBL this afternoon with the visit of QPR. A very intriguing match, with the visitors seemingly on the edge of an unlikely push for the play offs. I believe they're on a 5 game unbeaten run, with a draw v Villa and victory over Leeds in that time......

But anyway...

Really looking forward to see how Madine slots into the system today. While I'm shocked it was him we've brought in, the difference he brings to the forward line is a positive you would imagine. Would love to see him and Billy score today in our 2-0 victory ;)

UTB

Nice of you to wake up this week and get it posted early. Loyse :oops:

I think we'll lose too, hope I'm wrong, but I've said it many times, were just not good after a break unfortunately, even if we've won in the past, we play crap, but every time we play crap under wilder, we lose.

Be nice if Hendo is well enough to play, and im looking forward to seeing Sharp and Madine up top too.

COYWARW!!

I guess Washington now out of the sqyad for the foreseeable? Can’t see us naming 3 strikers on the bench.

Looking forward to this one .Hopefully the kop will get behind em today .I'm ambivalent towards Madine ,depending on the score i guess he will get 15/20 mins .Be interesting to see what reception he gets. Qpr get the nod for most improved team .I'm going for the usual line up and either 1-0 or 1-1

I’m guessing the amount of self-defeating moron-reaction to Madine will be partly determined by the situation he comes into. Feel-good 3-0 up at the time, probably muted both ways. Fiery 1-2 down at the time, possibly raises the number that actively cheer him on. Boring dire 0-0, enters to audible boos.

Todays Ref is Andy Woolmer.

He was the Ref for the boringist game of the season at Ipswich 1-1.

I'm gunna start booooing him now
80.gif

I guess Washington now out of the sqyad for the foreseeable? Can’t see us naming 3 strikers on the bench.
Subs = Moore, Cranie, Stearman, Coutts, Dowell, Clarke, Madine

Possibly, but I'm not sure Clarke offers much more than Madine, while Washington is a completely different type of player who gives us a different tactical option. I'd be unsurprised to see Clarke dropped.

Possibly, but I'm not sure Clarke offers much more than Madine, while Washington is a completely different type of player who gives us a different tactical option. I'd be unsurprised to see Clarke dropped.

Yes, that’s possibly the toughest decision.
I think Washington might be the reserve choice for away games where there is more space in behind (as at Brentford).

An absolute banana situation.

We could easily lose this one. If we don't perform then Freeman and Eze could easily punish us, they don't need a lot of space.

If the fans turn up I'm very confident we won't lose. We'll likely win. This is such a key component for us.

I think it might be a draw though, and (for once) will predict 1-1.

Hopefully Scummy/Cuddly Gaz can stick his nut on Sharp the end of a cross and get off to a good start. It would help matters.

Tough game, QPR are in good form and despite the jokes Maclarren is no fool.

Take a tough tight 2-1 win today.

On the train up from the big smoke hoping that we perform today as could be a tough match. Hope for a win but think a score draw more likely.

Has the Washington tactic ever worked?

Regarding QPR, according to Sky Sports ticker bar, Luongo is away on international duty and Hemed and Rangel are out.

Stop worrying, we will totally dominate the match today, making QPR look very ordinary. In the past this hasn’t guaranteed a win, but today I’m very confident it will.

Over 5 corners first half and both teams to score with over 2.5 goals !

4.17/1 lovely :)

I could be way off base here, but after the Wilder interviews, I have the feeling that the boo boys will be down to a minimum and the Kop might actually cheer him on to the pitch. We all know that a noisy BDTBL has a fantastic atmosphere that lifts the team and intimidates opposition.

I could be 100% wrong of course.

Tough call this one, & I wonder if the fact we sometimes leave ourselves open to the counter attack, coupled with the fact QPR have the strikers to hurt us, we might come out & start in a more patient style of play & sit a bit deeper. If we do that I could see Madine starting, but I hope we go for them as per & dominate them all over the pitch & leave Madine on the bench until he might be needed later in the game.
I can honestly see a way that all three results are possible, but hoping for a good game & a 2-0 Blades win.

Madine is a Blade now it does no good to anyone to boo him

And if he smashes one into Kop end I would bet top dollar it won’t be long before the naysayers crack out that turgid goal machine chant themselves

3-1 United, enough of this “I think we’ll lose” rubbish, we’re always gonna win until we’ve actually lost ;)

Tough game today.

Are we serious about finishing top 2? - then we MUST win this game.

Watched Leeds v Derby last night and to be fair to Leeds they were really really on it - combative, competitive, aggressive without being dirty and just didn't give Derby a minutes peace.

We can be like that, although I'd call us relentless.

Genuine opinion - we've got more skill and play a better style, although I would also enjoy watching Leeds (if I had to !)

We just need to be on it. We were on it v Wigan even though we played a bit different.

We're good enough for top 2 - we just need to prove it.

UTB

I’ve probably walked past the wall of ex-players in the South Stand plenty of times since it was introduced, but just walking past Deane’s today ahead of the game it just suddenly occurred...why isn’t he recognised as a full international on this? Hasn’t he been capped at both B and senior level? Info online would suggest he has...

Silent Blade or anyone else got the definitive answer?

2EF1A0EC-D718-444C-BF43-267D1A4B3F9F.jpeg

02779795-8475-4507-AE4D-4FD12B9F34F2.jpeg

But anyway...

UTB
You've gone and spoilt it now by telling us the score!

Looking forward to this one .Hopefully the kop will get behind em today .I'm ambivalent towards Madine ,depending on the score i guess he will get 15/20 mins .Be interesting to see what reception he gets. Qpr get the nod for most improved team .I'm going for the usual line up and either 1-0 or 1-1

I must admit, I've mellowed towards the idea of Madine since I first heard this.

My initial reaction was "why on earth?" because I just didn't think he was of the "star" quality that we need. And then all the emotional stuff about him being a dickhead made things worse. I just thought we could have done a lot better and without the controversy.

However, I've listened to Chris's viewpoint and I'm going in there today open-minded about it. I don't think it's important whether I like the bloke or not. After all, I don't really like any of them - I don't know them and don't want to know them. But I'll judge him on the football he plays. I hope he does well for us.

As to the game itself, well, QPR, I thought, were very poor early on in the season. They've obviously improved a lot and not lost in 5 I think? All I can say is, it's time they did then.

2-0 to the Blades

Team as expected. Rumoured Henderson absence non-existent. Madine on the bench with Dowell. Washington the one to miss out.

Also, as per the new graphics, Wilder confirmed as starting.

Last edited:
disappointed madine not in the starting 11. as i was intrigued at what happen when gary says his name. cheer, boo or silence like tonge

but big game to get back on track because regardless of what said losing to barnet in the fa cup & it couldve been 3-0 not 1-0 with the defence all over the place will have had an effect. will be relief with swansea & Norwich next 2 to put it behind us

Great half. Basham has been the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Back
Top Bottom