Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He'll probably get around six so I don't know how much of a machine that makes him.

Then again, my Mystic Meg powers have been a little off on this subject, so expect 20 goals.

Between now and the end of the season I would take that. Probably matters how many points those goals gain us of course. 6 last minute winner and the man is a hero.

Chris Wilder insisted: "The biggest thing for me is that he had the b***s to do it. He could have taken the easy option. But he wanted to come here.

Got to ask yourself why he's so eagar to come here, a club he's previously said he hates. He can't have suddenly fallen in love with us. Could it be more to do with him not enjoying being a fringe player and not being the centre of attention? Or missing going out with his mates in Sheffield?

Guess depending on your agenda you can make any amount of shit up to fit it. Personally I want him to score 20 goals and fire us to promotion. Can’t see why anyone would want any different now he is here.

More like the pro-Madine rewriting history machine. He certainly used to hang around with a bunch of Blade-baiting pigs and he was one himself.

More like the pro-Madine rewriting history machine. He certainly used to hang around with a bunch of Blade-baiting pigs and he was one himself.

People act like the issues with Madine are down to 2 events. They certainly were not and the baiting happened every time he went out. If he starts hanging round with the same guys this love in will not last long

Reactions: Dkc
Unfortunately he'll be under the microscope far more than any other player, rightly or wrongly, but that was obviously going to happen and both the club, Wilder and Madine will have considered it and will be expecting it (including a few boos). If they didn't expect this reaction (and Wilder has suggested he did) then they didn't do as much work on checking the background of the situation as they claim.

Missing the odd sitter is normal for strikers - as is being criticised for it - personally I would expect the shit to hit the fan if he did something stupid and got a red card, or gave away a penalty from a wreckless challenge - anything that hinted at lack of self control.

That’s the interesting thing about Madine. His recent disciplinary record on the pitch is actually very good. No red cards, 1 yellow every ten games or so.

As long as he doesn’t get pissed before he goes on the pitch, we should be ok in that respect:-

07A9433A-EF07-43A1-9B77-349FEF685408.png

That was then, this is now. If you want to let history blacken your future then go for it. Personally if Wilder says he is the man, he is the man. Too many of our fans hang onto every little issue so they can complain about it. Time to move on. Mind you I guess you will be able to tell everyone if he fails that you were right. That’s what matters isn’t it?

People act like the issues with Madine are down to 2 events. They certainly were not and the baiting happened every time he went out. If he starts hanging round with the same guys this love in will not last long
Most people don’t care any more but you keep dragging it up.

That’s the interesting thing about Madine. His recent disciplinary record on the pitch is actually very good. No red cards, 1 yellow every ten games or so.

As long as he doesn’t get pissed before he goes on the pitch, we should be ok in that respect:-

View attachment 48054

I'd be more worried about only 32 minutes of first team football this season and only 13 bit-part appearances over the last 2 seasons to be honest.

I don't think he's any improvement on what we have already and I don't think we should've signed him.

Obviously if he scores the winner today I'll change my mind as I'm what's commonly known as a "fickle cunt"

I'd be more worried about only 32 minutes of first team football this season and only 13 bit-part appearances over the last 2 seasons to be honest.

I don't think he's any improvement on what we have already and I don't think we should've signed him.

Obviously if he scores the winner today I'll change my mind as I'm what's commonly known as a "fickle cunt"

41 appearances last season though. Mostly for Bolton.

That was then, this is now. If you want to let history blacken your future then go for it. Personally if Wilder says he is the man, he is the man. Too many of our fans hang onto every little issue so they can complain about it. Time to move on. Mind you I guess you will be able to tell everyone if he fails that you were right. That’s what matters isn’t it?

No. What matters is team morale, fan unity, winning games and the reputation of the club. I'm not convinced signing Madine will improve us in those respects..

Wilder's made mistakes before and he'll make them again. However, if Madine behaves himself and plays a part in helping us to promotion I'll happily admit I was wrong.

No. What matters is team morale, fan unity, winning games and the reputation of the club. I'm not convinced signing Madine will improve us in those respects..

Wilder's made mistakes before and he'll make them again. However, if Madine behaves himself and plays a part in helping us to promotion I'll happily admit I was wrong.

Right or wrong is irrelevant. Do you not think Wilder has done due diligence here? He admitted as much. Billy recommended Madine to Wilder FFS. I remember Bromby, Quinn and Geary getting it when they played to start with, Morrison got it as well. So the blokes been an idiot? You never done anything you regret as an adult that required forgiveness? There are a few here chucking rocks who perhaps should think how a little forgiveness could go a long way. We’ve all fucked up. We have all said shit we regret. Stupid things. Impressing mates etc. He’s here now. Give him a chance to prove he isn’t a knob head.

Right or wrong is irrelevant. Do you not think Wilder has done due diligence here? He admitted as much. Billy recommended Madine to Wilder FFS. I remember Bromby, Quinn and Geary getting it when they played to start with, Morrison got it as well. So the blokes been an idiot? You never done anything you regret as an adult that required forgiveness? There are a few here chucking rocks who perhaps should think how a little forgiveness could go a long way. We’ve all fucked up. We have all said shit we regret. Stupid things. Impressing mates etc. He’s here now. Give him a chance to prove he isn’t a knob head.
Honestly, really really honestly, because it appears there are a lot of posters who don't believe this could be true, but I for one have never done anything in my life even approaching what Gary Madine has done in his life. Can we put this particular argument to bed now?

Honestly, really really honestly, because it appears there are a lot of posters who don't believe this could be true, but I for one have never done anything in my life even approaching what Gary Madine has done in his life. Can we put this particular argument to bed now?

Not unless you are the boss no. Well done for not ever doing anything wrong.

Of course I think he's done due diligence, just like he did with Holmes, Leonard, Evans etc. But still, new signings don't always work. I am sure most on here will give him a chance, me included. But you can't just ignore the fact that Madine has a long record of getting arrested, acting like a dickhead, winding up Blades and attacking people. That's why I'd prefer we signed someone who wasn't so divisive. But, as I said, I would like to be proved wrong.

Madine smacks you in the gob and he has to pay you a large sum of money?

Bert's monthly bar bill is due at his Gentleman's Club, this has given him an idea....

Most be a bloody large bar bill for someone of Berts age to risk a smack in the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom