"Not bad for a fat lad from Sheffield"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And now he's going to be next to Madine, god I hope it works!

I genuinely think it’s a pretty rubbish article. Hardly any quotes from Billy, a confused timeline and no real insight aside from his goal stat.

It’s just a collection of not-that-great quotes from isolated people in his career.

Lazy journalism just knocking out a story and a real opportunity missed in my view.

I genuinely think it’s a pretty rubbish article. Hardly any quotes from Billy, a confused timeline and no real insight aside from his goal stat.

It’s just a collection of not-that-great quotes from isolated people in his career.

Lazy journalism just knocking out a story and a real opportunity missed in my view.

I'd love for it to be a beautifully-written article, with a romantic narrative thread throughout, full of quotes from Billy and others in the side, which ends with a "dare to dream" line about Billy potentially leading the Blades in the Premier League.

BUT we're a Championship side and this is a national newspaper. I'm happy to take what we can get. If we get promoted, or keep progressing as we are, those articles will come.

Going off on a slight tangent from that article

SEAN O'DRISCOLL ???

what ever happened to the doyen of tiki taka.........wiki says he's not managing but is a professional phase coach in Wolves Academy.

Think we chased him at one time?

UTB

Going off on a slight tangent from that article

SEAN O'DRISCOLL ???

what ever happened to the doyen of tiki taka.........wiki says he's not managing but is a professional phase coach in Wolves Academy.

Think we chased him at one time?

UTB

I’m not sure if we chased him, but there were more than a few O’Driscollites on the messageboards at the time suggesting we should sack Warnock and get him in.

I'm pretty sure it was Kevin Blackwell that christened him the "Fat Lad From Sheffield", not Sean O'Driscoll

Just by being on the pitch, Billy has an effect.

It is so obvious at set pieces that the big centre halves are shitting themselves.
"Where's Billy Sharp?"
"Who's marking Sharp?"
His reputation precedes him. Defenders fall over themselves to mark him giving opportunities for every body else.
Even where Billy only gets he odd touch, he still has an effect on opposing defenders. Great player, fantastically well suited to banging them in from the shit line.

As many have said, we'll miss him when he's gone.

FFS, I'm almost wetting myself now. Where's Tyler when you need him?

I'd love for it to be a beautifully-written article, with a romantic narrative thread throughout, full of quotes from Billy and others in the side, which ends with a "dare to dream" line about Billy potentially leading the Blades in the Premier League.

BUT we're a Championship side and this is a national newspaper. I'm happy to take what we can get. If we get promoted, or keep progressing as we are, those articles will come.

I’m sad to say you’re probably right. It shouldn’t be like that, but big clubs and money will always rule I guess.

I'm pretty sure it was Kevin Blackwell that christened him the "Fat Lad From Sheffield", not Sean O'Driscoll

Now there’s a bloke who hadn’t earned the right to chuck epithets about.

Keep chasing the ball to the corner flags, Billy, and we’ll soon make a player out of you...

Now there’s a bloke who hadn’t earned the right to chuck epithets about.

Keep chasing the ball to the corner flags, Billy, and we’ll soon make a player out of you...
Think Sharp said in a definite but gentlemanly manner, that he could not play under Blackwell. That was when he was off to Donny on loan which ended up permanent.

Suppose it's all been written on here many times. He asked Warnock to let him have a run in the team to prove himself, there's belief. Warnock said no so off he went. Radar picked him up at Scunny scoring regular.
Absolutely buzzing (NOT bouncing) when Robson bought him back. "Billy is United through and through" - Robson.
Scored a typical goal in a pre-season friendly at the lane and all looked good. Tried too hard that season. Goals didn't come as expected.
Anyhoo. He's finally up to speed and what a great feeling when he scores. We don't lose.

Noticed in one of the articles this morning the following:

“Sharp, 32, was first signed by Rotherham but broke his contract with them to join the Blades in 2004.”

That’s the first time I’ve read anything about Sharp being at Rotherham – is it true?

Noticed in one of the articles this morning the following:

“Sharp, 32, was first signed by Rotherham but broke his contract with them to join the Blades in 2004.”

That’s the first time I’ve read anything about Sharp being at Rotherham – is it true?

From Wikipedia:

Early career
Born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Sharp played for Middlewood Rovers Junior Football Club as a young player. He began his career with the youth teams of Rotherham United and Sheffield United, before making his first-team debut for Sheffield United during the 2004–05 season. He joined Rushden and Diamonds on loan in January 2005, scoring 9 goals in 16 games for the club, before moving to Scunthorpe United in 2005.

From Wikipedia:

Early career
Born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Sharp played for Middlewood Rovers Junior Football Club as a young player. He began his career with the youth teams of Rotherham United and Sheffield United, before making his first-team debut for Sheffield United during the 2004–05 season. He joined Rushden and Diamonds on loan in January 2005, scoring 9 goals in 16 games for the club, before moving to Scunthorpe United in 2005.

And now you’ve pasted some of Wikipedia, do we know if that’s actually true? :)

Genuinely didn’t realise he’d been in the Rotherham youth team before – never seen it mentioned on here, or by Rotherham fans whenever he’s played against them. And then there’s the broken contract...

Genuinely didn’t realise he’d been in the Rotherham youth team before – never seen it mentioned on here, or by Rotherham fans whenever he’s played against them. And then there’s the broken contract...

Dunno, but while I was doing some rootin' around, I came across this from that bastion of rectitude, S24SU. :D

Dunno, but while I was doing some rootin' around, I came across this from that bastion of rectitude, S24SU. :D

Well that’s aged well. A year ago this month and the talk is of 4th choice Sharp, potentially loaning him out to Bradford and giving Evans a run, and James Wilson already solidified as first choice...

Jonny Forte started at Rotherham but I didn’t think Billy did? If Billy was at Rotherham then it could’ve only been for a very short spell.

Article in todays mailon saturday.stating in an interview with billy that.it was doncaster boss sean o driscoll that called him fat lad from sheffield

Back
Top Bottom