JTW Schadenfreude Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
As much as it is a time to strengthen your team in January, it's also the time to revel in the misfortune of your rivals so I thought a dedicated thread to this might help.

For starters:

West Brom - Pete O'Rourke reported that Claude Puel advised it was highly likely Harvey Barnes would be recalled.

West Brom - Sun reporting that both Cardiff and Burnley are in for Matt Phillips.

Aston Villa - Despite Dean Smith suggesting he doesn't want to leave Wolves reportedly have bid 18m to take Tammy Abraham from Chelsea and the player intends to exercise a break clause in his loan to play Premier League level once more. Looks like Chelsea may not wish to sell but the player wants top level football.

We are probably bullet proof regarding losing key players. Our strength has been the sum of the parts. Others teams won't be after 30+ strikers for £squillions
Only risk I think is JOC but hopefully our current position sees him stay at.least until the summer.

Aston Villa - Despite Dean Smith suggesting he doesn't want to leave Wolves reportedly have bid 18m to take Tammy Abraham from Chelsea and the player intends to exercise a break clause in his loan to play Premier League level once more. Looks like Chelsea may not wish to sell but the player wants top level football.

Think I read that they can’t send Abraham elsewhere because U23 games (which he played pre-loan) count towards the max 2 clubs played for per season. Might be why there has been no recall of Woodburn yet.

We are probably bullet proof regarding losing key players. Our strength has been the sum of the parts. Others teams won't be after 30+ strikers for £squillions

You don't think Jack O'Connell will interest anyone?

If we can take Norwich's best player Wildschut that will be them weakened too.

Looks similar for Boro as well who are reportedly skint for this window.

Excellent. That just leaves Frank Lampard's Derby County. Hopefully they surprise us and don't embark on one of their usual (not at all suspicious) multi million pound splurges.

If things go our way in January, on and off the pitch, I might just start dreaming....

Excellent. That just leaves Frank Lampard's Derby County. Hopefully they surprise us and don't embark on one of their usual (not at all suspicious) multi million pound splurges.

If things go our way in January, on and off the pitch, I might just start dreaming....

Braithwaite has gone today on loan. I don’t think that’s a big loss as he’s hardly started.

I don’t think Derby will spend big, again I heard they’re similar to Boro as in funds won’t be available and like us will rely on loans.

I think the big spenders might be Stoke once/if they part with Rowett.

Braithwaite has gone today on loan. I don’t think that’s a big loss as he’s hardly started.

I don’t think Derby will spend big, again I heard they’re similar to Boro as in funds won’t be available and like us will rely on loans.

I think the big spenders might be Stoke once/if they part with Rowett.

I was worried about Stoke for a while but they don't look like getting it together to me, regardless of Rowett. I think it's a season of stabilising for them. They're in a similar position to us around 2007-08, when funnily enough, they were promoted.

Lampard has already said they don't have any spending money this January.

We need 3 signings that make a bit of a statement. The last 3 games have felt a bit different to other wins - the atmospheres, the way we've won, all made it feel like we are real contenders. Think we will be suited to chasing the top two rather than being chased as well.

Lampard has already said they don't have any spending money this January.

We need 3 signings that make a bit of a statement. The last 3 games have felt a bit different to other wins - the atmospheres, the way we've won, all made it feel like we are real contenders. Think we will be suited to chasing the top two rather than being chased as well.

Let's just hope Lampard's telling the truth then because it wouldn't be the first time Derby have surprised everybody with their spending.

The manner of the last 3 wins has to give you belief, no getting away from that. The attitude, intensity and atmosphere all seemed to change. To me it looks like we may be entering one of those periods where the players all look confident and comfortable in their roles to the point we just don't look like losing. We've had enough of those periods under Wilder to know them when we see them.

The manner of the last 3 wins has to give you belief, no getting away from that. The attitude, intensity and atmosphere all seemed to change. To me it looks like we may be entering one of those periods where the players all look confident and comfortable in their roles to the point we just don't look like losing. We've had enough of those periods under Wilder to know them when we see them.

That sums it up perfectly. We look machine like at the moment, like we did post Christmas in the promotion winning season.

I'd have thought JOC, Egan, Fleck, Stevens and possibly Freeman, Baldock, Bash and even Sharp and McGoldrick will be on plenty of teams' radars

JOC & Fleck are the only two that worry me there.

Egan - too soon, he's only just joined, wouldn't want to leave yet unless to the PL, not sure any PL team will be sniffing
Stevens - again, no PL will be sniffing so why jump to a Villa, Birmingham,QPR etc.
Freeman - only because he's been called up recently, but again, no PL team will be looking
Baldock - see Stevens.
Basham - not flashy enough for PL teams. Only clubs in for him will be similar to us, he's loyal to us now.
McGoldrick - nobody will be spending the required amount for someone that has previously not been a prolific scorer and had a poor injury record
Sharp - Not a chance he is going anywhere, nowhere at all.

JOC & Fleck are the only two that worry me there.

Egan - too soon, he's only just joined, wouldn't want to leave yet unless to the PL, not sure any PL team will be sniffing
Stevens - again, no PL will be sniffing so why jump to a Villa, Birmingham,QPR etc.
Freeman - only because he's been called up recently, but again, no PL team will be looking
Baldock - see Stevens.
Basham - not flashy enough for PL teams. Only clubs in for him will be similar to us, he's loyal to us now.
McGoldrick - nobody will be spending the required amount for someone that has previously not been a prolific scorer and had a poor injury record
Sharp - Not a chance he is going anywhere, nowhere at all.

I hope you're right MB but I still think there's a risk of certain heads being turned if a Prem or wealthier Champ club waves an offer of £30k/week. Bournemouth, for example, are desperate for defenders having recently suffered several long term injuries - they may well be tempted to make significant offers for Freeman, Baldock, Egan.

Abraham not at training as expected by Villa. Looks like joining Wolves next week.

Bollocks.

Looks like Tammy Abraham has rejected Wolves and wants to stay at Villa!

Bollocks.

Looks like Tammy Abraham has rejected Wolves and wants to stay at Villa!

I can't understand why he's not in the first team squad at Chelsea. He's easily good enough for a place on the bench.

Mind you, they kept loaning Lukaku out whilst Mourinho moaned about not having any strikers, so they have form for this.

I can't understand why he's not in the first team squad at Chelsea. He's easily good enough for a place on the bench.

Mind you, they kept loaning Lukaku out whilst Mourinho moaned about not having any strikers, so they have form for this.

And Salah, and De Bruyne

Back
Top Bottom