Mascot costs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Very laudable, but limits being a mascot to the very well off. Not sure how that one balances out in an ethical point of view?

I agree, its insane and as you say, limits the possibility of the experience to those with that sort of disposable income. Would much prefer it (personally) to be at least half the price whilst still going to charity

Think 13 is the upper age limit, my daughter did it twice, once against Wycombe in Wilson's first season when she won it in a draw at Junior Blades Christmas party, and against Donny when Clough was in charge, when the whole family clubbed together for her Christmas present. At the times she did it parents were made to feel part of it

Worth the fee in my opinion, when my lad did it 2 seasons ago im near enough certain one of the kids there was there from a charity aswell so got it gratis obviously.

We ended up with a full kit, signed ball, tour of the ground and the kids went into the changing room to meet all the players and got a photo with every single one!

Think they stopped adults going in with them due to a bad season and someone saying something to a player!

Worth the fee in my opinion, when my lad did it 2 seasons ago im near enough certain one of the kids there was there from a charity aswell so got it gratis obviously.

We ended up with a full kit, signed ball, tour of the ground and the kids went into the changing room to meet all the players and got a photo with every single one!

Think they stopped adults going in with them due to a bad season and someone saying something to a player!
My little one is a mascot tomorrow, he's more excited about this than he was about Christmas.

Looking forward to it myself!

My little one is a mascot tomorrow, he's more excited about this than he was about Christmas.

He'll have a brilliant day, you'll enjoy it too. Bit of sitting around for the parents, some have complained, no idea why as you are watching your child playing football on the hallowed turf!

One of the finest moments of my life seeing my lad lead out United with one of his favourite players, Billy.

He'll have a brilliant day, you'll enjoy it too. Bit of sitting around for the parents, some have complained, no idea why as you are watching your child playing football on the hallowed turf!

One of the finest moments of my life seeing my lad lead out United with one of his favourite players, Billy.
Bit of peace and quiet and watching the little one strut around the pitch, heaven!

Yeah - he wants to walk out with Sharp or Henderson.

Are they ok with taking things for the players to sign? He wants to take some keeper gloves and the away kit to be signed.

Presuming it is £250 (not sure) approx £3000 per game if they really needed too i am sure they could have a sponsor to cover the costs and make it free for the families i know we are going a bit ridiculous already with sponsors for everything but if its an appropriate sponsor I am sure it could work no bookies or anything but a tanoid annoucement prematch "todays mascot sponsors are...."

Mate, make sure you get well wrapped up, you will be stood around for a while in the South stand from about 1:15 onwards.
My lad was mascot against Forest last season, I was bloody freezing.

Why not just have a pool where people can register for the season and then draw it randomly a few weeks in advance?

Pull a couple out like that, and then link up with the local kids charities- Childrens Hospital, Bluebell Wood etc and if theres any kid they want to nominate then let one of them do it as well.

And as for buying the kit- if theyve got it then fine; if not, can they not just lend them one for the day? Theres enough in the shop.
Why don’t the club pay the kids as well for their time?

Bit of peace and quiet and watching the little one strut around the pitch, heaven!

Yeah - he wants to walk out with Sharp or Henderson.

Are they ok with taking things for the players to sign? He wants to take some keeper gloves and the away kit to be signed.

I think they get a load of autographs, I'd expect it wouldn't be a problem getting the gloves signed, shirt possibly not. Ask the girl (her name escapes me) she was great with the kids

I think they get a load of autographs, I'd expect it wouldn't be a problem getting the gloves signed, shirt possibly not. Ask the girl (her name escapes me) she was great with the kids
Courteney. I’d be absolutely amazed if HeCanDoMagic ‘s lad doesn’t get his shirt signed too

Presuming it is £250 (not sure) approx £3000 per game if they really needed too i am sure they could have a sponsor to cover the costs and make it free for the families i know we are going a bit ridiculous already with sponsors for everything but if its an appropriate sponsor I am sure it could work no bookies or anything but a tanoid annoucement prematch "todays mascot sponsors are...."

I don’t think £250 is a massive amount of money for a birthday present especially if families all chip in.

Yes, they could get sponsors and make it free, but when the club are selling out every match, why make it free? Why not get the mascot money and sponsorship money? We aren’t Man City, we need to bring in money any way we can.

Just to add to what others said before my lad was a mascot on Saturday - he had the day of his life, the club looked after him and all the mascots brilliantly. Smile hasn't left his face since.

The players were great with him, especially Sharp who made them all feel welcome on the trip into the dressing rooms.

I received the photos yesterday from the official photographer and they are amazing, over and above what I expected. Memories to last a lifetime, and I wont lie - when I saw him walking out of that tunnel with the players my senses were well and truly filled up.

The club told us at the start of the day that autographs were not permitted so didn't get chance for anything to be signed (though I have since sorted the gloves to be signed), however they did give each mascot a signed ball which they were obviously over the moon with.

If anyone is ever considering it, and £250/£300 is a lot of money (the family chipped in for his birthday to help us), then I would urge you to do so - you wont be disappointed.

Glad he, and you enjoyed it. United have really got this right and have done for a long time. It is a lot of money but for what you get I think it's worth every penny.

The feeling you get when they walk out really is something else isn't it

Did anyone manage to get their kids in as a mascot for next season this morning? I’ve been calling most of the morning, got through around midday and all sold out.

I was able to connect to the commercial office a few times but no one answered. Calling from overseas as well so couldn’t always connect properly.

Not sure how they can do it differently other than have a waiting list system but I’m quite disappointed that it was phone call bookings only, given the known issues with phoning any department at the Lane ever.

Back
Top Bottom