Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chris Wilder insisted: "The biggest thing for me is that he had the b***s to do it. He could have taken the easy option. But he wanted to come here.

Got to ask yourself why he's so eagar to come here, a club he's previously said he hates. He can't have suddenly fallen in love with us. Could it be more to do with him not enjoying being a fringe player and not being the centre of attention? Or missing going out with his mates in Sheffield?

He'll probably get around six so I don't know how much of a machine that makes him.

Then again, my Mystic Meg powers have been a little off on this subject, so expect 20 goals.

Haha hopefully. I'm just trying this positive mental attitude lark out, you never know it could work.

Yeah probably, ive been punched by and punched some of my best mates (pissed arguments/fights). Things happen, you just have to get over it and not be a princess.

Presume you all apologised and shook hands afterwards. Doubt many of Madine's victims received an apology.

Chris Wilder insisted: "The biggest thing for me is that he had the b***s to do it. He could have taken the easy option. But he wanted to come here.

Got to ask yourself why he's so eagar to come here, a club he's previously said he hates. He can't have suddenly fallen in love with us. Could it be more to do with him not enjoying being a fringe player and not being the centre of attention? Or missing going out with his mates in Sheffield?

I would imagine it is todo with the amount of goal scoring opportunities we create, any half decent striker would fancy their chances with us.

Completely agree. I actually think it's slightly worrying he was so keen to come to us. To me it suggests he enjoys the attention and enjoys riling people. Drink or no drink, he seems to be the usual Gary Madine. If he can help get us promoted, fine. But given everything we know, I wouldn't like to see him at our club long-term. With sports teams, I'm a firm believe in the 'no w*nkers' policy. We'll see.

More likely he never hated us in the first place.

TBF he has said 'no rush' which is completely different to 'no more' - probably waiting to see if his preferred options become available towards the end whilst managing supporter expectations.

I remember seeing Tim Cahill for Millwall at The Lane, absolute twat of a player, putting himself about everywhere. I suggest GM may just be our equivalent, don't like him but rather he was in our team than against us.

There will still be a load of Princesses moaning. Just get on with it your leader has spoken. I personally can't wait to see Madine be an absolute Goal Machine.

this 100%

our manager (who is one our best managers ever and has completely changed our football club in 2 1/2 seasons ) has chosen to bring him in

i am not going to say he seems like a fella i would invite round for tea with my family but as CW says get behind them all and keep up the great home support shown in the last 2 games

we are 3rd, could well be top 2 come Sunday

exciting times

He obviously does questionable things when he's had a drink. I know plenty like that who are genuinely decent when sober...

Hopefully he's sorted that out by now and is just a pantomime villain type on the pitch.

Either way, no matter how much griping is done about it, it won't change the fact he's still pulling on the shirt that we all love, so why not give the bloke a footballing chance, no matter how much of a cock he has been/is as a person.

He used to watch us frequently when he was based in Sheffield and he was injured.

He obviously does questionable things when he's had a drink. I know plenty like that who are genuinely decent when sober...

Hopefully he's sorted that out by now and is just a pantomime villain type on the pitch.

Either way, no matter how much griping is done about it, it won't change the fact he's still pulling on the shirt that we all love, so why not give the bloke a footballing chance, no matter how much of a cock he has been/is as a person.

Exactly! We are supporting the player while wearing the shirt - not the person when he takes it off. How many fans support players when they are not playing? Perhaps family and friends only.

People so easily manage to get swept away on the rapid tide of the haters and beraters' when they have no reason to and cannot see the overall picture and endgame.

Fans love a good knee jerk moan and groan reaction to news that doesn't fit with them instead of thinking it through first - as proven all to well this week on this forum.

Get behind the team!

UTMB

Exactly! We are supporting the player while wearing the shirt - not the person when he takes it off. How many fans support players when they are not playing? Perhaps family and friends only.

People so easily manage to get swept away on the rapid tide of the haters and beraters' when they have no reason to and cannot see the overall picture and endgame.

Fans love a good knee jerk moan and groan reaction to news that doesn't fit with them instead of thinking it through first - as proven all to well this week on this forum.

Get behind the team!

UTMB

So your view would stretch to us signing Nile Ranger and Adam Johnson and getting Barry Bennell in at the academy? As long as they’ve got SUFC branded leisure wear on, its all okay?

Back
Top Bottom