Best of luck for the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Congratulations you played really well and those front players caused us all kinds of problems. All the best for the future.

Hi, another Bees fan here. Just wanted to echo BeeArmy's comments.
You Blades are a really great bunch of fans. We were made so welcome and I couldn't believe how many of you wanted to shake my hand and wish our club well after the match. Things like that stay with you and I can promise you there are many Bees fans who are now honorary Blades.
I was chatting before the game to a couple of your fans and they said they sort of wanted a draw so that they could visit The Hive. We are hoping that the powers that be can organise a Pre Season Friendly at The Hive. If this happens you can be sure of a very friendly welcome.
Good luck in your quest to get to the Premiership. If you can do it you will also be buzzing.
All the best.

I watched the draw hoping you'd get a big team away for a great day out and hopefully a lot of money for the club. You were so unlucky with all those big teams still left in, but home to Brentford not too shabby. All the best in the cup and league. I was happy to stay and applaud you for being the better team and your fans for your non stop singing.

Islas,

We’re a down to earth bunch, no glory hunters supporting Sheffield United (last time we won a major honour was 1925, not even been in a single post war cup final and never won any of our numerous play-offs.

We’ve faced some shit times over recent years spending 6 consecutive seasons in shitty league 1 but still kept a 19,000 hardcore support during those dark times. However when you’re shit it makes you more humble learning to appreciate the qualities of small clubs, it’s a million miles away from the PL.

Living in and around Barnet it must be so tempting to support Arsenal or Spurs, so full respect to any genuine Barnet fans.

Just want to reecho the positive appraisal of the Barnet team and supporters yesterday. The team were fantastic and the fans made more noise than the vast majority of Championship teams with bigger followings. I watched the cup draw tonight primarily hoping you'd get one of the giants, but it wasn't to be. At least you've got a winnable local tie. Good luck!

Hi, another Bees fan here. Just wanted to echo BeeArmy's comments.
You Blades are a really great bunch of fans. We were made so welcome and I couldn't believe how many of you wanted to shake my hand and wish our club well after the match. Things like that stay with you and I can promise you there are many Bees fans who are now honorary Blades.
I was chatting before the game to a couple of your fans and they said they sort of wanted a draw so that they could visit The Hive. We are hoping that the powers that be can organise a Pre Season Friendly at The Hive. If this happens you can be sure of a very friendly welcome.
Good luck in your quest to get to the Premiership. If you can do it you will also be buzzing.
All the best.

That's a great idea, I'd love that. Form a proper football friendship out of it.

Some great footballers in your team, pace, good decision making. Hope you go well in the cup, beat Brentford and get your big draw and maybe beat them too, you never know, and that the good vibes give you a push in the league too.

Hi, another Bees fan here.
We are hoping that the powers that be can organise a Pre Season Friendly at The Hive.
If this happens you can be sure of a very friendly welcome.
Good luck in your quest to get to the Premiership.
If you can do it you will also be buzzing.
All the best.

That’s a great idea for a friendly. We can play for the Currie Cup!

You were certainly the Killer Bees against us.

Beat Brentford and you will be the Queen Bees.

Magic

Your fans were very gracious and complimentary after the game yesterday, both for applauding the players and with a few of us outside the ground - even with a lot of first team changes it wasn't a result anyone expected and could easily have been a draw with the chances at the end.
The supporters showed a lot of class and I think a lot of our fans will agree you're a real credit to your club and to football.

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for the season, will be keeping an eye on the results and hoping you go up.
Yes Fella. What you saw there was a genuine respect of the fans from this club who respected the competition. Unfortunately for us our management team did not show enough respect to your team till AFTER the believing it would be a stroll in the park and putting out a team that had never played together before. Your lads showed that a team needs, some coordination to be considered a team and they and you got your reward.
That also shows in the next round draw for your club. Which if you're not getting a prem big boy, you couldn't have wished for better?
Good luck to you Sir. Visit us on here occasionally to see the mass ramblings of some very passionate Blades.

Best of luck to Barnet as well, hopefully this helps rather than hinders league form. Shame about the draw but at least you’re at home.

Best of luck to Barnet as well, hopefully this helps rather than hinders league form. Shame about the draw but at least you’re at home.

I think it's a cracking draw! At home, 'local derby' and every chance of progressing to the 5th round where The Bees could get a money-spinning tie with one of the giants - Arsenal, Spurs, Man. City, Wednesday.

BeeArmy PeterS

Don't fall for their charm like I did....you'll end up stuck here forever and coming upto the odd game and sampling the different ales on offer!! :D

Nah, like you, my lot (Worcester City) had a Cup game at Bramall Lane 3 years ago and the Blades fans and players were brilliant towards us, even staying afterwards to clap us all off the pitch, there aint many like em and it left a big impression on me.

Welcome!
:)
Dicked 3-0 as I recall, Jonny ;)

Dicked 3-0 as I recall, Jonny ;)

in light of sunday...I wonder what the reaction wouldve been had we snuck a win? Not sure it wouldve been considered such a shock as what Barnet produced given Blades were L1 and we were National North back then...although, Adkins 'respected' the Cup and played pretty much a full strength team, so another thing to ponder perhaps is would that Adkins side have beaten Barnet? hmm

Now I've stopped absolutely seething at our blistering incompetence on Sunday....congratulations Barnet. Thoroughly deserved victory, only sorry you didn't get a "glamour" tie in R4, but must think Brentford are beatable after seeing us off.

in light of sunday...I wonder what the reaction wouldve been had we snuck a win? Not sure it wouldve been considered such a shock as what Barnet produced given Blades were L1 and we were National North back then...although, Adkins 'respected' the Cup and played pretty much a full strength team, so another thing to ponder perhaps is would that Adkins side have beaten Barnet? hmm
How dare you suggest that anything was better under Adkins sir!!!

its a strange paradox indeed but the Blades players kept a professional sense of pride of some sort even though their league one form was a floundering mess, enough to avoid a non league banana skin, then Oldham and nearly earning a replay out of Man Utd.

of course.... CW's first choice Blades would absolutely wipe the floor with that Adkins side no question.

its a strange paradox indeed but the Blades players kept a professional sense of pride of some sort even though their league one form was a floundering mess, enough to avoid a non league banana skin, then Oldham and nearly earning a replay out of Man Utd.

of course.... CW's first choice Blades would absolutely wipe the floor with that Adkins side no question.

Aha backtracking now aren’t we!!! :p

Thanks to you all for your kind responses and good luck wishes. Definitely a much friendlier atmosphere than any other club I've visited and shows what football is really about.
Although it's a bit of a trek I hope the club does arrange a pre-season friendly with SUFC as it would be great to welcome you to The Hive.

Couldn't have had much better odds for a big tie at the end of that draw but we're really looking forward to seeing off Brentford instead!

The difference being that Adkins had absolutely no good will to call upon and would have suffered badly had we been knocked out at that stage to Jonny Worcester.

Contrast that with the collateral that Wilder has to play with. 10 changes and a defeat is accepted without much of a murmur.
Worth bearing in mind that the top three in the Championship all went out of the FA Cup in their first game. Hardly likely to lose any sleep over it.

My observation is that Wilder's main miff is that the second string were pretty toothless in a game they should have been well capable of winning.
We looked a bit arrogant, as if turning up would be sufficient. If Barnet had still won but their keeper had to make a series of good/great saves then I think his outlook would have been different. The fact that we only troubled the keeper once in the game (which Leon should have put to the side of him and not straight at him) would have been one of his key concerns.

The difference being that Adkins had absolutely no good will to call upon and would have suffered badly had we been knocked out at that stage to Jonny Worcester.

Contrast that with the collateral that Wilder has to play with. 10 changes and a defeat is accepted without much of a murmur.
Worth bearing in mind that the top three in the Championship all went out of the FA Cup in their first game. Hardly likely to lose any sleep over it.

My observation is that Wilder's main miff is that the second string were pretty toothless in a game they should have been well capable of winning.
We looked a bit arrogant, as if turning up would be sufficient. If Barnet had still won but their keeper had to make a series of good/great saves then I think his outlook would have been different. The fact that we only troubled the keeper once in the game (which Leon should have put to the side of him and not straight at him) would have been one of his key concerns.

Cant argue with any of that Ken, great points. :)

I was one of those who fancied a draw as Barnet away would be one of the few Cup replays I could get to straight from work (Chertsey) and of course, a new ground to tick off.

At the end I resisted the temptation to boo our players, instead choosing to shout, "Get off the pitch, Yoo-nited!" because I wanted to get on with the business of clapping Barnet because you were, to put it bluntly, blinking-well brilliant on and off the pitch. And can we have your front two please?

Good luck for the rest of the season, and make sure Currie gets the job permanently.

Back
Top Bottom