Championship debt to the banks and owners

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’re 69th based on the figures listed from the 4 divisions last season (£1.9m owed), but these are only for the most recent accounts.

We know for example that we’ve taken a loan out on the Brooks cash owed since then.

We’re 69th based on the figures listed from the 4 divisions last season (£1.9m owed), but these are only for the most recent accounts.

We know for example that we’ve taken a loan out on the Brooks cash owed since then.

That's net zero though isn't it if the loan only covers what we're owed.

They've used a picture of us for the 22nd placed 'Rotherham United'. Maybe that's us?

Correct – as mentioned above, we owe £1.9m in the figures mentioned (which is the total for the 22nd placed team).

They've used a picture of us for the 22nd placed 'Rotherham United'. Maybe that's us?
Yep I think it probably is, it looks it’s last season’s figures based upon Loughborough’s stats.

So unlike the Stir to totally cock up something about us that doesn’t show us in a bad light.

So are we good or not ? I'm financially illiterate

You think the bank has loaned us that money at an interest rate of zero?

6% I read. Maybe the club took this into account and the total repayment equals the money owed. I've no idea actually but we're talking peanuts in the context of those figures on the list.

Edit: there's also a few million in add-ons in the Brooks deal. The rate he's going that should be a done deal. We'll be quids in, don't panic.

To be fair in terms of the Stir's bias, look at the pigs' entry: "Sheffied"

Missing out one of the city's clubs on this sort of list, and misspelling the name of the city for other one is about as good a summary of the standards at that paper as you can find.

Be interesting to see the criteria. The figures are presumably on the 2017 accounts ( which show cash at bank and in hand of £2.4m)

So, if Stoke City are challenging the play offs by the end of January there's no way that we'd be selling our best player to them then

‘Owerd, Gary Teale drives a Bentley’

So it's f*** all debt then, from the club who always plead poverty!

As McCabe wrote the debt off when the Pearly Prince got his 50% of the club and we've been inside the FFP ever since it's hardly surprising there's not much debt.

We all like to laugh and mock at the S6 shambles, so maybe we should say we’ll done and thank you to McCabe for looking after our clubs financial wellbeing and giving us something else to be proud of

We all like to laugh and mock at the S6 shambles, so maybe we should say we’ll done and thank you to McCabe for looking after our clubs financial wellbeing and giving us something else to be proud of

Yes thank you KayMac, around 20 years involvement in the club, most of it as Chairman, 1 season in the top flight, 6 seasons in the third tier, marvellous. Thanks for selling all the great talent we've brought through the ranks in recent years, Naughton and Walker on the same day, the latter at a giveaway £2m, Jags, Quinn, Lawton, Maguire, Brooks. If we'd have kept them all we'd playing at the level they ended up at. When we were in with a great chance of promotion 12/13, thanks for selling Blackman a couple of weeks after losing the other striker, Miller, to injury and replacing them with has-been freebies and loanees, just dandy. A big thanks as well for not properly backing CW in the last JTW and the last summer transfer window, when there's been a brilliant chance of promotion to the top tier. Thanks for not properly backing Colin in 4 out of 5, in the one season you did back him we went up (that's a big clue for you where this club get too with decent backing, I'm not even talking silly money, just giving it a good punt when we're in a decent position to push on).

All in a big, big thank you, your penny pinching has got us precisely nowhere, fantastic, we're so lucky to have you as Chairman.

Yes thank you KayMac, around 20 years involvement in the club, most of it as Chairman, 1 season in the top flight, 6 seasons in the third tier, marvellous. Thanks for selling all the great talent we've brought through the ranks in recent years, Naughton and Walker on the same day, the latter at a giveaway £2m, Jags, Quinn, Lawton, Maguire, Brooks. If we'd have kept them all we'd playing at the level they ended up at. When we were in with a great chance of promotion 12/13, thanks for selling Blackman a couple of weeks after losing the other striker, Miller, to injury and replacing them with has-been freebies and loanees, just dandy. A big thanks as well for not properly backing CW in the last JTW and the last summer transfer window, when there's been a brilliant chance of promotion to the top tier. Thanks for not properly backing Colin in 4 out of 5, in the one season you did back him we went up (that's a big clue for you where this club get too with decent backing, I'm not even talking silly money, just giving it a good punt when we're in a decent position to push on).

All in a big, big thank you, your penny pinching has got us precisely nowhere, fantastic, we're so lucky to have you as Chairman.

Why don’t you step up and give it a go yourself? Show him how it’s done

So your happy with how the club continually punches below it's weight then?
I rather think that if you take into account the money other clubs have had poured into them, we're punching above our weight.
McCabes put a substantial amount (and proportion) of his own capital into the club.
He reached his limit a few seasons ago (according to him) but he's carried on backing us.
Obviously he's not splashed enough of his cash for some, but then, as we all know, spending other peoples money is a piece of piss.
And as we also all know, spending money on expensive footballers is never a gamble :rolleyes:

You and you family must be very fortunate indeed. You see running a football club is like running your home, just on a bigger scale. I’ve got a couple of quid in the bank and get an income each month, but have to balance the books accordingly. So sometimes the Mrs and kids get told no we Can’t afford that, or yes we will have to make do. I would love to have a bottom less pit of cash to do a Man City and buy them every over priced gift they want, unfortunately not many households run that way. But I do take pride in the fact we have a nice if not modest house, well run, without crippling debt, and in no danger of bern repossessed
Until I win the lottery that’s how it has to be

And yes I would have loved to have kept/bought as you commented, but the books have to be balanced, or would you rather do a pigs/Leeds and go bust after getting relegated?
Finally I think CW was backed in the last JTW, he just bought mostly shit and has subsequently moved them on already

Back
Top Bottom