Assombalonga and Braitwaite ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blademark

Reaction score
Acordin to reports this morning Boro will listen to offers for both players January.
Cheeky £5m bid for Britt ?

Yes please, either or the other......we were linked with Assombalonga in the summer, (didn't it come from Whit?) so maybe some grounds for optimism there, would be a terrific signing.

Assomablonga 15m biggest waste of money ive seen in a transfer in long time. doubt theyd take a 1/3rd of it & he hardly been pulling up trees. Last season he was outscored by Leon Clarke & Ryan sessesgon who started the season as a left back. This season billy Sharp has double his total god sake even lucas jauo has more goals

Avoid this overrated flop by all costs

Asssombalonga is nowhere near the player he was before his serious injury. It was recklessness in the extreme for Boro to fork out that fee for him. Avoid. The other lad - no idea.

I'd have him for 5m. Who do people think we r going to get for that kind of.money ? Obviously he'd be a risk but he's got the pace and unpredictability we need up front.

He's got s.proven pedigree at this level and although he not pulled up any trees this season what striker does under Pullis ?

No chance, he'll want paying for a start, and about 17 Championship clubs and probably about three league One clubs will pay him more than we will

Just trott back over to pork talk , you may have fooled a few on here , but not me you just can’t stop yourself can you.

Just trott back over to pork talk , you may have fooled a few on here , but not me you just can’t stop yourself can you.

We've really gone beyond that now
Do keep up

In fact I think more than 17 Championship clubs will pay him more than us, I was being generous to us.

Assomablonga 15m biggest waste of money ive seen in a transfer in long time. doubt theyd take a 1/3rd of it & he hardly been pulling up trees. Last season he was outscored by Leon Clarke & Ryan sessesgon who started the season as a left back. This season billy Sharp has double his total god sake even lucas jauo has more goals

i'd still have him than the strikers we have now

i'd still have him than the strikers we have now

For 15m you want to be as close guaranteeing 30 goals & top scorer. Thierry Henry only cost 11m & he was the greatest striker in premier league history.

Assomablonga has only managed 20 league goals in 58 so far.

Sharp - 23 in 52

Clarke - 21 in 57

Mcgoldrick- 11 in 42

For 15m you want to be as close guaranteeing 30 goals & top scorer. Thierry Henry only cost 11m & he was the greatest striker in premier league history.

Assomablonga has only managed 20 league goals in 58 so far.

Sharp - 23 in 52

Clarke - 21 in 57

Mcgoldrick- 11 in 42
Britt doesn't have Duffy behind him.

Middlesbrough aren't exactly a side who create chances at will. They've only scored 22 goals all season (the lowest amount in the top 12... Even Wednesday are currently out scoring them). The fact that he's scored 5 in 13 appearances this season isn't actually that bad of a record.

Might be one for Blades Analytics to have a look at to see how his xG holds up, but I have a feeling that his actual goal conversion rate will be pretty good.

If he was scoring goals:

1. He’d be worth £15m still and be out our price range.
2. Boro wouldn’t even consider selling him.

We might splash out £5m-£7m on a striker. For that money you don’t get proven Championship quality, so it’s more about identifying players with ability, potential and will improve under Wilder and our system.

5ish mill and if he stays fit he’d be a bargain and would guarantee 20 goals a season . He’s got everything we want pace power goals :eek::eek::eek::eek:
It’ll never happen tho cause blades :(

Anyone know what kind of wages he's on?
You'd think a £15m signing would demand around £30-£40k a week.

Anyone know what kind of wages he's on?
You'd think a £15m signing would demand around £30-£40k a week.

Will be in that region.

We were apparently willing to pay Hogan's 35k p/w though, so I imagine any deal for Assombalonga would be on a similar loan basis. I think we'd have to pay a sizeable fee as well though.

YES Blade you make some good points & it all about hopefully improving. but we shouldn't be taking risks with that amount of money.

but I said it then & proved to be correct he was never worth 15m. it was only Middlesbrough desperation that sold it for that. as it was basically forest saying he isnt for sale so forget it. Middlesborough asking how much & forest as joke never expecting them it to be taken seriously threw out 15m. Middlesbrough surprised everyone by saying yes

Will be in that region.

We were apparently willing to pay Hogan's 35k p/w though, so I imagine any deal for Assombalonga would be on a similar loan basis. I think we'd have to pay a sizeable fee as well though.
I know what the fans expect and want has sod all to do with it but I've just looked on their forum, they want to sell rather than loan and the figure they are expecting still is quite frankly ridiculous.
If it comes down to wages, or even just a loan fee we will obviously just get gazumped by at least 4 or 5 clubs.

A lot of our fans are still thinking OLD school when it comes to todays football.

Clubs are now into the third year of the new FFP rules and this JTW is an opportunity to straighten their books in terms of expenditure and wages - or the chairmen have to convert this expenditure into equity in the clubs.

There could be numerous players dumped and bargains to be had - CW said 9-11 clubs were up against FFP at start of season, so some are going to have to resolve that situation.

I keep hearing the piggies saying that Reach is on his way in the JTW for £15m - well, he's only on his way if some daft, idiotic chairman agrees to pay £15m when they know the pigs are up against FFP. What is he going to be worth at season end when the pigs are in effect fucked as said Chansiri. Anyway, since his outbursts of generally fluky (sorry, sensational) goals he's settled into the mediocrity that he actually is. Same applies to the forest fairy - hardly pulled up many trees in the past couple of seasons. Some might say injuries, buying clubs will want some sort of guarantees he isn't semi crocked.

UTB

A lot of our fans are still thinking OLD school when it comes to todays football.

Clubs are now into the third year of the new FFP rules and this JTW is an opportunity to straighten their books in terms of expenditure and wages - or the chairmen have to convert this expenditure into equity in the clubs.

There could be numerous players dumped and bargains to be had - CW said 9-11 clubs were up against FFP at start of season, so some are going to have to resolve that situation.

I keep hearing the piggies saying that Reach is on his way in the JTW for £15m - well, he's only on his way if some daft, idiotic chairman agrees to pay £15m when they know the pigs are up against FFP. What is he going to be worth at season end when the pigs are in effect fucked as said Chansiri. Anyway, since his outbursts of generally fluky (sorry, sensational) goals he's settled into the mediocrity that he actually is. Same applies to the forest fairy - hardly pulled up many trees in the past couple of seasons. Some might say injuries, buying clubs will want some sort of guarantees he isn't semi crocked.

UTB

You make a good point FB but Utd's business in the JTW will equally depend on how much is made available to CW. Given the ongoing legal battle between the owners, it certainly won't be a fortune. It will also be dependent on how much of the season's budget remains and what the proportion of the Brooks proceeds (or more accurately, the borrowing against them) aren't going to cover the club's operating costs (losses). That is unless additional funds will be generated by selling one of the bigger assets (e.g. JOC).

A total stab in the dark with certainly no ITK knowledge underpinning it, but I'd imagine CW will have £2-3m to spend. Fingers crossed it will be more as I don't think that will be enough to give the squad the boost it needs to give it any more than a chance of making the play-offs

Back
Top Bottom