Leeds Fan In Peace 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cjay

Reaction score
Hello Blades fans:)

Back again :D

Same as last season if anyone can be bothered.

Few questions ( and answers imo if anyone has any about us).

Then goes on our forum for peoples to read etc.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Cjay.

We’re stronger this year.
Norwood, Egan and Henderson are quality players.
We’re slightly inconsistent but doing very well under a fabulous manager.
We’ve a real shot at top 6.
Please don’t throw a seat at me.

Cjay.
It's all about the wrists here pal. We went from slitting them on Saturday to pumping them rythymically last night. You'll find no reason here laddy, be gone with ya.

aye, remember that when BLUT were wooden seats - what year anyone?

UTB

Cjay.
We have a bit more strength in depth this season but are very Jeckyl and Hyde withour performances, a bit like the back end of last year again. It seems as though your boys are going through similar ? from what i've seen you've looked league toppers on occasions (especially early season) to very inconsistent. I reckon this league is there for the taking to the team who can find a bit of lasting form. From a predictions point of view, any result is possible i reckon :)

Cjay.

G'day geezer,

Firstly, you lot have done well, a bit like us. Your manager's reputation hasn't stopped you from maintaining a challenge, in fact he's probably responsible for your consistency.

As for the Blades, a better version of last season, our keeper is a top player, as for the rest, well turn up and discover for yourself. Unlike our cuntry cousins over at S6 we try and play football as it was intended to be played. Let's hope you have the same disdain for them that we do. Looking forward to the game, no predictions other than to say you'll have to play well, otherwise we won't like you.

Take care and godspeed.

Cjay.

Having worked in Leeds for 6 years in the 00's, I probably have a better level of respect than many on here.
Your 7,700 fans that turned out at Blackburn was impressive and the days of getting that many down here are long gone, but you, like us and I suppose the pigs are passionate fans.
The game will be a firecracker and hope we get a decent ref.
As for us - we are BETTER than last season and Bielsa has made you a better team too.
We should have done you for more at Elland Road, had the idiot ref not sent off Phillips for a dreadful tackle - pointed out on sky "That's a red card all day long" - except for the ref and the linesman who was actually on that side.
The result won't define anyone's season as this division will go to the wire - results up to now have shown that.
Anyone of 6-9 teams could go on a run.
It all depends how Leeds approach the game - come and sit and defend like the "MASSIVE OF S6" and it will be a boring game. Come and attack us and we'll find space. Come and get in our faces and we don't like it.

Looking forward to it - you can't beat a local rivalry.

UTB

PS: it's not a local derby by the way - the pigs are our only derby game.

We should have done you for more at Elland Road, had the idiot ref not sent off Phillips for a dreadful tackle - pointed out on sky "That's a red card all day long" - except for the ref and the linesman who was actually on that side.

That was right in front of me. The worst tackle I've ever seen in real time.

Cjay.
We’ve added to the squad quite well over the summer. Henderson on loan in goal was just right, we wanted Blackman back(how he wasn’t not your number one I’ll never know) but we’ve got a better keeper in Henderson. Future England number 1.

Egan has been fantastic at centre half and that back 3 now really works well, Egan sitting deep and Bash/ JOC getting forward when they can. Something which most teams struggle with.

Shifting Carrruthers, Holmes, Leonard and Evans all out raised a few eyebrows as we’d chased for a long time to get them. But wilder recognised that they weren’t going to be what he wanted and moved them on. If Egan was expensive bringing Norwood in has been the deal of the season, when he performs, the team performs

Woodburn, Johnson and Washington have all just played cameos and haven’t got going as they’ve been unable to dislodge some in form players. Washington though had a very good game at Brentford. So we can perhaps expect them to play a bigger role.

McG rivals Norwood for signing of the season, questions over his injury record seem to have been answered and he’s not the gamble we expected. Quality player and links up play fantastically.

The season is going well, we’ve dropped a few points recently in big games, but the win and performance at Brentford was a great response. Last season we missed Coutts when he broke his leg, this season we’ve filled the hole he left and the football at times has been sensational. At times we’ve conceded too many goals, personally I see it as a result of how we play, we’ll create a lot but we also concede too. Very few 0-0’s with United. We’re good value.

The marquee striker signing still remains. Whilst Billy, Leon, McG all get goals and are fairly clinical, we miss the game changer, someone that smashed the ball from 30 yards.

I didn’t expect us to do as well this season, but the subtle additions to the squad have really blended well.

Finally, on to Saturday. I don’t expect the bus to be parked like our neighbours did. I expect an open game, two sides having a go and we could see lots of goals. Leeds look like they’ve had a few hit and miss games, West Brom was a capitulation but a decent win at the weekend and last night worries me a bit. I guess it’ll depend if you can maintain the energy levels after 3 games in a week. Hopefully not!

I’ll predict 4-3 to the Blades

Ps Sorry i went on a bit!
Pps leave our seats where they are

lol - sure there was a bad incident in the 80's or 90's at some point

UTB

I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)

aye, remember that when BLUT were wooden seats - what year anyone?

UTB

I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)

1985 - At half-time it rained wooden seats from the Bramall Lane Upper Tier. We won 2-1. Mel Eves winner in top bag at kop end.

That's why the had the "wrecking crew" firm, for those too brain dead and racist for the Service Crew.

Cjay.
Good home team/inconsistent away team. Always likely to be worth putting in your over 2.5 goals acca. Score some quality goals, not very good at defending deep. Capable of beating anyone, home or away if we play well.

Cjay.
Think we have possibly the best manager in the division, straight talking, identifies weaknesses and does something about it.

Our squad is stronger but we’re not there yet. Norwood has been our best signing imo since last season but for me our key player is Duffy.

We’re a little inconsistent at the moment but Wilder will already have a plan about what he needs to do to strengthen us further.

I reckon we’re in with a chance of automatic but more likely will end up in the play-offs.

Believe it or not I’d quite like Leeds to go up with us. Would be about time the top flight had Leeds (and us) in it again.

Can you just imagine the wrist slashing over at Swillsborough, especially after they’ve gone down to L1 as I expect..

:D:D:D

Cjay.

The squad is much stronger than last season and we seem to be drawing or winning the games we would have struggled in last season.

Norwood is a baller and Egan is a rock. The other frees etc have improved bench no end.

Who is David Brooks?

Chris Wilder is a god amongst men.

I think we will fight for top two all season IF we make 1 or 2 astute signings in the transfer window.

And finally I expect you to give us one hell of a game but hopefully we will just edge it. Lets all pray the referee is not a cunt.

Ps. Can we all sing the Sky TV is fucking shit song for 90 mins together?

Id have a job from West Midlands :D

We have a bit more strength in depth this season but are very Jeckyl and Hyde withour performances, a bit like the back end of last year again. It seems as though your boys are going through similar ? from what i've seen you've looked league toppers on occasions (especially early season) to very inconsistent. I reckon this league is there for the taking to the team who can find a bit of lasting form. From a predictions point of view, any result is possible i reckon :)

Yes, we are, its been a while since we were truly at our best, probably Norwich away backend of August. Not to say we have been truly poor, thats probably only the case vs WBA where we were hopeless.

Having a bit of luck which is nice, but struggling with injuries this season, the average age of our bench yesterday was 20.

1985 - At half-time it rained wooden seats from the Bramall Lane Upper Tier. We won 2-1. Mel Eves winner in top bag at kop end.
Yes I remember the seats being thrown into their own fans bellow. Assumed they were too dim to realise it was fellow Dirties down there. They certainly didn’t seem to care anyway. 1985 - wow I feel old.

G'day geezer,

Firstly, you lot have done well, a bit like us. Your manager's reputation hasn't stopped you from maintaining a challenge, in fact he's probably responsible for your consistency.

As for the Blades, a better version of last season, our keeper is a top player, as for the rest, well turn up and discover for yourself. Unlike our cuntry cousins over at S6 we try and play football as it was intended to be played. Let's hope you have the same disdain for them that we do. Looking forward to the game, no predictions other than to say you'll have to play well, otherwise we won't like you.

Take care and godspeed.

Yeah he is i think, the squad isnt much different from last seasons and we were bottom 3 of the form table for the entirety of 2018 till Bielsa. Cant praise him enough, not so say he is immune from criticism and neither should he be.

I watched the Sheffield derby, it was our 2nd half vs them for the entirety of the game, it was pretty sad for there fans, id be livid if we ever set up like that vs a rival, but you do what you have to i suppose.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah he is i think, the squad isnt much different from last seasons and we were bottom 3 of the form table for the entirety of 2018 till Bielsa. Cant praise him enough, not so say he is immune from criticism and neither should he be.

I watched the Sheffield derby, it was our 2nd half vs them for the entirety of the game, it was pretty sad for there fans, id be livid if we ever set up like that vs a rival, but you do what you have to i suppose.

Thanks for the response.
Doing what the pigs did was the means to an end - beaten comprehensively in 4 games prior and then parking the bus and earning themselves a clean sheet.

It’s pretty embarrassing to turn up in a derby and have no intention of trying to win it, just to draw 0-0. They did the same last season.

You’d expect in 9-10 months that they’d have progressed but they’re a clueless bunch.

Contrast with Rotherham, they had a right go and deserved to win, I have a lot of respect for teams like that. But Wednesday, none whatsoever

Having worked in Leeds for 6 years in the 00's, I probably have a better level of respect than many on here.
Your 7,700 fans that turned out at Blackburn was impressive and the days of getting that many down here are long gone, but you, like us and I suppose the pigs are passionate fans.
The game will be a firecracker and hope we get a decent ref.
As for us - we are BETTER than last season and Bielsa has made you a better team too.
The result won't define anyone's season as this division will go to the wire - results up to now have shown that.
Anyone of 6-9 teams could go on a run.
It all depends how Leeds approach the game - come and sit and defend like the "MASSIVE OF S6" and it will be a boring game. Come and attack us and we'll find space. Come and get in our faces and we don't like it.

Looking forward to it - you can't beat a local rivalry.

UTB

PS: it's not a local derby by the way - the pigs are our only derby game.
I think we are, all of us (dont have to like each other of course) but i do look forward to certain games, both Sheffield teams, Derby, Villa, few others.

Have they announced the ref yet? Mike Dean was decent tbf to him, wouldnt mind him getting it.

I do have great respect for the way you play (not sucking up lol) but i think its great, cbs appearing in the box trying to score and create overloads, things like that, its really brave and different.

Yes, he should have walked thats true, much improved tbf to Kalvin since Bielsa dropped him into a defensive midfield role, played cb yesterday.

Be nice to win but id take a draw now.

We wont do that, we dont ever sit back, which does cause its own problems, but its nice. Surprisingly despite the injuries and young goalies and the lack of defensive cover we have the 2nd best defence from open play in the league, the 4 WBA got accounted for nearly a quarter of all our goals conceded, we are decent defensively somehow conceding the fewest by 2 on average shots per game.

I think one of us will find the other a nightmare, one of us will find the other ideal opponents if we play as open as we seem to.

Should be fun

Back
Top Bottom