Manager Suggestion Will Still

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Going West Ham if they fail with their first choice. Put a 5ver on it.

i dont dispute hes a good manager. im sure he is. but we were having this discussion earlier on shoutbox & does he justify the hype that surrounds him

as you look at the seasons since reims were promoted back to the top flight.
Screenshot_20240502_190519_Samsung Internet.jpg

if he got reims into europe oŕ had a great cup run fair enough he took a team from midtable to the europa/conference league. but looking at his record i dont see why he is 1 of football best up & coming managers, he took over a team in 12th & last 16 of the cup. to 2 11th places, last 16 & 32 of the cup. this season he was knocked out by a team in the 3rd. this season was their lowest point total since they got promoted

to be hyped up the way he is i expected xabi alonso at leverkusen, mckenna at ipswich, rob edwards at luton. where managers have overachieved. is instead of delivering not much different from the ex manager

i dont dispute hes a good manager. im sure he is. but we were having this discussion earlier on shoutbox & does he justify the hype that surrounds him

as you look at the seasons since reims were promoted back to the top flight.
View attachment 182859

if he got reims into europe oŕ had a great cup run fair enough he took a team from midtable to the europa/conference league. but looking at his record i dont see why he is 1 of football best up & coming managers, he took over a team in 12th & last 16 of the cup. to 2 11th places, last 16 & 32 of the cup. this season he was knocked out by a team in the 3rd. this season was their lowest point total since they got promoted

to be hyped up the way he is i expected xabi alonso at leverkusen, mckenna at ipswich, rob edwards at luton. where managers have overachieved. is instead of delivering not much different from the ex manager
He came into a team rock bottom of the league and went on an immediate 19 game unbeaten run, including 2 draws against PSG and an away win at Monaco. Could you have seen anyone doing that when Hecky left? It was always going to be pretty hard to follow that up this year, and I guess part of the reason he's left is because he's possibly had his head turned and only won 2 in his last 14, but they were 5th before that.

I think the hype over here is obviously because he's English and managing abroad which we see as unusual, but also because he went on the 4th longest unbeaten run off the bat ever in a top 5 league (last one higher being a new Barca manager) and did so without his UEFA Pro Licence. I'm not saying whether he'll be good or bad at his next club or long term, but he's only 31 so potentially has a long career ahead for someone already succeeding in a decent European league.

Last edited:
He came into a team rock bottom of the league and went on an immediate 19 game unbeaten run, including 2 draws against PSG and an away win at Monaco. Could you have seen anyone doing that when Hecky left? It was always going to be pretty hard to follow that up this year, and I guess part of the reason he's left is because he's possibly had his head turned and only won 2 in his last 14, but they were 5th before that.

I think the hype over here is obviously because he's English and managing abroad which we see as unusual, but also because he went on the 4th longest unbeaten run off the bat ever in a top 5 league (last one higher being a new Barca manager) and did so without his UEFA Pro Licence. I'm not saying whether he'll be good or bad at his next club or long term, but he's only 31 so potentially has a long career ahead for someone already succeeding in a decent European league.
ah looking at it was decent at Christmas 6th place but it seems to go pot from February onwards. i wish him well but for me he has a bit to go before he's matches the hype

If not.. why not?

Probably be a Jokanovic 2.0.

Most of our fans haven't got the patience for an outsider to come in and try something new.

He'd ultimately lose a few games because he wouldn't get the players in he wanted, then people would be on his back.

I think there’s a massive difference between taking, and actually being offered. I’m not sure why you’re so insistent on licking his ring. Quite embarrassing.
You’ve genuinely put a question about replacing Wilder with Will Still.

Then you’re unhappy when someone disagrees with you.

Stop being a snow flake.

You’ve genuinely put a question about replacing Wilder with Will Still.

Then you’re unhappy when someone disagrees with you.

Stop being a snow flake.
That’s correct, it’s not so much the disagreeing. You offer zero discussion or debate.

That’s correct, it’s not so much the disagreeing. You offer zero discussion or debate.
Apologies, I assumed it wasn’t needed and that your original post was more a dig at Wilder and an attempt to be funny.

Will Still hasn’t achieved anything in football. Is known due to his age and football managing abilities. For what he has achieved at his age as a manager is amazing but that doesn’t translate to results. It will do in 20 years time when he is 50 relatively young in managerial roles and has a wealth of experience. But right now he’s too inexperienced and never managed in England.

Our owner sacked him at Beerschot after a terrible time there as manager. They are now mid table in the French league and they don’t seem to have tried too hard to keep him.

One would expect him to take more risky job in the championship like a Sunderland. He can take the risky jobs as he has such popularity and his age has time to come again. That’s just reasons why he wouldn’t be a good fit for us.

Let alone reasons that Wilder is arguably the only person who can push us forward with this owner.

Probably be a Jokanovic 2.0.

Most of our fans haven't got the patience for an outsider to come in and try something new.

He'd ultimately lose a few games because he wouldn't get the players in he wanted, then people would be on his back.
Or owner and board what wouldn't back him! Bit like slav, conned him into coming promising money to change the culture. Then shit on his dinner.

Back
Top Bottom