What's the attacking game plan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
What's the attacking game plan, blueprint, system, whatever we want to call it?

When we attack now, I can't see it. We look devoid of ideas. We look in need of a plan, in need of coaching.

Under the Wilder era, whilst it tailed off towards the end, in our pomp the game plan was meticulously drilled and rehearsed and everyone knew their role and knew exactly where one another would be. It was immaculate.

We should be looking to dominate the opposition, to imprint our style on them, they should know they're up against second in the division, they should be expecting to get tonked. Instead, we seem to settle into games and watch how the opposition intend to approach it, before adapting accordingly.

Tek t'game bi scuff of't neck, Blades - fer chuff's sake. UTB. ⚪🔴⚔️

It’s mess around out wide to no particular purpose or get it to Ndiaye.

That’s it right now.
I'm also not sure that we can blame the sheer lack of creativity on the absentees any more. Whilst they may add other aspects to our style of play, RND and Brewster aren't sole sources of creativity alone.

Our opponents work to a blueprint to make games as difficult as possible for us,especially since the restart,you can see teams setting up against us in a similar way,high press our back 3,expose our lack of mobility and physicality in midfield,run their socks off and outwork us,force us into mistakes,on their own grounds especially, this works.

Last edited:
It's almost like someone has said, 'Just go out there and express yourselves. Play to your strengths and most of all, enjoy it'

So you get the likes of Bash taking on their whole team and almost scoring.
Great when it comes off, like when Ndiaye goes on his mazy runs and scores, but as others have said, we rely on that him much.
We were/are at our best still when we work it wide at pace, overloading if necessary, and getting a decent cross in (preferably a pull back) for anyone to run on to and smash it in.
When McB is in the side, it's too tempting to go long for him to flick on and becomes predictable and boring percentage football.

When we get to edge of box everyone stops and we look clueless and end up passing backwards.
I can never work out why we just stop, why not just keep running with it into the box make the opposition foul🤷‍♂️

I'm also not sure that we can blame the sheer lack of creativity on the absentees any more. Whilst they may add other aspects to our style of play, RND and Brewster aren't sole sources of creativity alone.
I don't get the impression that we are all hotly anticipating the return of a 23m star player.

He's not had much more of an impact than Jebbo. In fact per game, Jebbo is far ahead.

He was very lucky that Slav took over because it reset things and he was revisited once more, as an expensive acquisition, as a key component to be exploited.

Under Hecky he'd already dropped behind Jebbison in the pecking order. Other than the change of coach, he hadn't done anything in the interim to justify a higher billing.

We retain some hope, but it's more hope than expectation.

He's very lucky that his next run of games could well be in the top flight because he's not done anything to earn it.

Hopefully we do achieve this and he can make the most of that good fortune.

What's the attacking game plan, blueprint, system, whatever we want to call it?

When we attack now, I can't see it. We look devoid of ideas. We look in need of a plan, in need of coaching.

Under the Wilder era, whilst it tailed off towards the end, in our pomp the game plan was meticulously drilled and rehearsed and everyone knew their role and knew exactly where one another would be. It was immaculate.

We should be looking to dominate the opposition, to imprint our style on them, they should know they're up against second in the division, they should be expecting to get tonked. Instead, we seem to settle into games and watch how the opposition intend to approach it, before adapting accordingly.

Tek t'game bi scuff of't neck, Blades - fer chuff's sake. UTB. ⚪🔴⚔️
Ask Ron and Lana.

Our opponents work to a blueprint to make games as difficult as possible for us,especially since the restart,you can see teams setting up against us in a similar way,high press our back 3,expose our lack of mobility and physicality in midfield,run their socks off and outwork us,force us into mistakes,on their own grounds especially, this works.
Agree

But we don’t half give them a helping hand recently by going with a flat slow midfield and two wingbacks who can’t defend

We don't know what we are doing so the opponent definatly don't know what we are doing. Like against Blackburn, first we overpassed the ball and 2nd half we went too direct play. Our best is somewhere between those..

Double up on Ndiaye, stick a man shadowing Norwood the whole game.

It's why Doyle and Norwood should both start.

If Norwood is getting marked out of the game then Doyle takes over as quarterback and vice versa.

I don't get the impression that we are all hotly anticipating the return of a 23m star player.

He's not had much more of an impact than Jebbo. In fact per game, Jebbo is far ahead.

He was very lucky that Slav took over because it reset things and he was revisited once more, as an expensive acquisition, as a key component to be exploited.

Under Hecky he'd already dropped behind Jebbison in the pecking order. Other than the change of coach, he hadn't done anything in the interim to justify a higher billing.

We retain some hope, but it's more hope than expectation.

He's very lucky that his next run of games could well be in the top flight because he's not done anything to earn it.

Hopefully we do achieve this and he can make the most of that good fortune.
There's been a lot of shoutbox discussion on how good Brewster was before he got injured. Not sure if it was in some kind of alternate dimension because the one who I saw was pretty shit still with the odd flash of looking like an actual footballer.

He will go down as the worst signing we've ever made.

I'd love for it not to be the case, but I can't see it.

I think we’re incredibly pragmatic and set up differently for each opponent (to varying degrees). Our press is a good example of it. Some times we’re very aggressive with it, other times we stand off.

It’s a decent way of getting results - as proven. I’m not a massive fan of it though.

I think we’re at our best being aggressive off the ball and high tempo with it.

Typically we’re slow build up though. Example; Foderingham regularly waits until we’re back in formation before passing it out. Lost count of the number of times he’s had runners in good positions, to throw or kick to.

I can’t argue with results but I’m not huge fan of our “style”

I think we’re incredibly pragmatic and set up differently for each opponent (to varying degrees). Our press is a good example of it. Some times we’re very aggressive with it, other times we stand off.

It’s a decent way of getting results - as proven. I’m not a massive fan of it though.

I think we’re at our best being aggressive off the ball and high tempo with it.

Typically we’re slow build up though. Example; Foderingham regularly waits until we’re back in formation before passing it out. Lost count of the number of times he’s had runners in good positions, to throw or kick to.

I can’t argue with results but I’m not huge fan of our “style”
Fodders really annoys me in how slow his distribution is at times. He does have a decent kick on him, but he dithers way too much. We need to be better at letting Mcatee and Ndiaye counter attack more often.

I also agree with you that we need to press and be aggresive. We had the perfect balance against the Spuds without over pressing and the aggression was there from every player. We need to continue to do that and use all 5 of the subs to help prevent burnout. We can manage the match day squad better imo.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom