Undisclosed Fee ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rufus Smalls

Reaction score
This has probably been discussed to death on previous threads, but ...........

Looking at the amount of 'undisclosed fee's' in the Premiership (and the majority of other leagues in UK and Europe no doubt), I thought this had been kyboshed many years ago by the authorities so that the 2 clubs had to 'disclose' the fee paid ?

If clubs are allowed to use 'undisclosed' on some transfers then why not just do it for every transfer and have done with it.

A bit of a rant and a bit of confusion on my part :(.

UTB !

I thought this had been kyboshed many years ago by the authorities so that the 2 clubs had to 'disclose' the fee paid?

They have to be registered as part of the transfer, they don't have to be disclosed publicly.

Can imagine 🐍 or whoever telling the accountants, 'we're not telling you how much McBurnie cost'

Thanks Foxy, it just seems daft that some are made public and some not.

Visibility of all players' transfer fees would at least show where a good chunk of the fans' money is going.

UTB !

Visibility of all players' transfer fees would at least show where a good chunk of the fans' money is going.

UTB !

In most cases, there’s a selling club who don’t want to look like they’ve undersold or tell people what they may have to spend

Or

A buying club who don’t want to declare they’ve likely just spunked their budget

Or

A player who doesn’t want the pressure of being the £Xmillion man

UTB !
Ultimately fans don’t need to see that, the accounts every year shows where the money is going.

I always take it that the selling club doesn’t want publish how low an offer they accepted hence ‘undisclosed’

Conversely I suppose the buying club might not want it known how much they had to eventually stump up.

edit: sorry just read Foxy’s post saying the exact same thing 😂

Can understand the frustration, but it’s commercially sensitive information for the clubs.

Same as of Pepsi was trying to see how much coke was spending in marketing.

I'm hoping the fee for my car repair is undisclosed by the garage!

Back
Top Bottom