Try Ahmedhodzic in midfield?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chilttheblade

Reaction score
Unfortunately he has shown that he is not up to standard in the Premier League as a defender.
Why not try him in midfield? He seems to look good taking the ball forward , can tackle a bit ,has an eye for goal.
Surely nothing to lose.

He's playing solely on reputation, not performances. It's not hard to argue he's been consistently our worst defender this season.

I don't know what's going on with him, but it's high time he was benched and fought his way back. Or it at least brings it to a head and he requests a transfer.

I’d try him manning the food stand at the back of the Kop. Surely he can’t fuck up pie and chips?
I’d gladly try a job swap with him and the little fella who manages to poor me a pint of froth in the South Stand at every game. I seek him out each time in the hope he’s improved from the last lesson I gave him in how to poor a lager but sadly he seems to be getting worse just like Anel

I'd try him on the subs bench for the next game. Reckon he's look pretty good sat there.
Sure along with the rest of the team. Can't be worse then the other midfielders who have had zero impact. Liverpool and Man City don't mind playing defenders in midfield.

Sure along with the rest of the team. Can't be worse then the other midfielders who have had zero impact. Liverpool and Man City don't mind playing defenders in midfield.
Liverpool and Man City defenders aren’t really comparable to our lot though!

One of our biggest problems in midfield is our inability to track/mark players and win the ball back. Anel does exactly none of these things in defence. This could possibly make our awful midfield worse. The best place for Anel is the bench until the summer then offload the mardy sulking wage stealer.

Anel's biggest problem is he needs someone alongside to organise him. Egan did that. If the stories are true about Hudson scrambling the defenders brains this season by getting them to mark space rather than players then that will have further added to the confused state of mind Anel and the others seem to have in doing the basics of tracking runners and marking.

The defence need a leader and we had the opportunity to bring one in on loan in Worrall but opted for a converted full back in Holgate. Thats down to the Manager as was the decision to shoe horn Holgate in when he wasn't ready and drop the only experienced head we had in JLT. That left Bogle who can't defend, Holgate who had one training session with the team, RND who was coming back from injury and not ready to deal with Villas pace and Trusty who seems incapable of playing as a LCB in a 5. Add in the decision to start with 2 in midfield and it was a buggers muddle that quickly fell apart.

Some players aren't leaders and need team mates alongside them who are talkers. Anel is that type of player and adding the burden of captaincy will not help him. He is still young and and a more experienced player such as JLT or Baldock if ever he gets fit should be given the responsibility of defence leader as a minimum requirement. It doesn't help that we have goalkeepers who are not particularly vocal.

CW's attempt to boost Anel by giving him the captaincy has failed and has become an added burden as he tries to solve everyone elses problems at the expense of his own responsibilities. Yes his head does go down quickly but he's not alone in that department at the moment. Giving the role to someone else on the basis of getting him to concentrate on his own game should be seen as a positive rather than a negative.

He runs about like someone panicking cos he can smell a rancid fart and all the exits have been blocked off. Fck him off.

If the stories are true about Hudson scrambling the defenders brains this season by getting them to mark space rather than players
I wasn't aware of that but it certainly makes sense considering how many goals we've conceded from crosses.

One thing that is massively evident is we need a vocal leader in the middle of the park barking orders and bollocking mistakes for 90 minutes. Anel definitely isn't that man, and apart from Robbo or maybe Baldock, is there anyone else that could step up? I've never even rated Egan as captain, so this is something that really needs addressing this summer.

Back
Top Bottom