Tielemans for the fourth goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Unmarked at a corner and almost scored it is cleared off the line for another corner. So what happens at the next corner? Tielemans again is left completely unmarked and this time scores. How can that happen?!

I guess Stuart McCall would have given someone that job.

One of their free kicks in the first half saw two Villa players at the back post and one red and white shirt marking them both. As the ball came in the Blades player abandoned them both and ran towards the centre of the box. It was like Hecky was in charge all over again. Anel as a captain is a joke. He had been our worst defender all season and I'm gutted that we didn't sell him in January. He needs to leave in the summer along with Egan, who was our joint worst defender until he got injured.

Whats with when Foderingham had the ball everyone moves up to halfway and he boots it to BBD who won about 1 from 30 and nowt comes from the few he won????

Unmarked at a corner and almost scored it is cleared off the line for another corner. So what happens at the next corner? Tielemans again is left completely unmarked and this time scores. How can that happen?!
Beggars belief really. They're absolutely braindead. All he had to do was just stand there and the longer he just stood there, the more space he got.

We could all see it happening a second time, screaming for someone, anyone to mark him. The crowd can see it, the players can't 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think the same kinda thing happened for the 5th, wasn't paying that much attention though at that point and left when it went in.

Never leave early, but managed to arrive home with the game still going on. Records are tumbling this season.

One of their free kicks in the first half saw two Villa players at the back post and one red and white shirt marking them both. As the ball came in the Blades player abandoned them both and ran towards the centre of the box. It was like Hecky was in charge all over again. Anel as a captain is a joke. He had been our worst defender all season and I'm gutted that we didn't sell him in January. He needs to leave in the summer along with Egan, who was our joint worst defender until he got injured.
My 11 year old highlighted that to me. The Blades player was Bogle who had two men to mark. I said to my lad ‘nah someone else will come across to take the spare man’. They didn’t.

It's the sort of absolute basic that we drum into youngsters from the very start of them playing organised football.

For professionals to be caught out as they were was criminal. To be caught out like that in the Premier League is very much beyond embarrassing.

It's the sort of defending that makes you a laughing stock.

The worst thing about the goal is BBD's headed clearance, you're always going to concede a shot if you bobble a header to the edge of your box.

Whats with when Foderingham had the ball everyone moves up to halfway and he boots it to BBD who won about 1 from 30 and nowt comes from the few he won????

It’s because no one trusts Wes with the ball at his feet. We’ve abandoned playing it out for that reason. You may also have noticed that our back three and especially Anel have zero ability or confidence on the ball to make a forward pass and their first thought is to play it back to Wes anyway. Why waste time fannying around when Wes can just boot it and lose it up field rather than in our own defensive third!?

Back
Top Bottom