Third Worst Start to a Premier League Season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Working Class Hero

Reaction score
So far this season we have made the third worst start to any Premier League season (yes, I know football didn't start in 1992).

The one bit of good news is that our neighbours still hold the record. However, Southampton went on a decent run in 98/99 from this point, and Wednesday won their 10th game in 99/00. So, if we lose our next 2 we would rightfully take the title of worst Premier League team ever after 10 games.

It's not all doom and gloom though, two of the top eight stayed up.

(I haven't included Portsmouth, for obvious reasons).

Screenshot_20231020-103121~3.png

So far this season we have made the third worst start to any Premier League season (yes, I know football didn't start in 1992).

The one bit of good news is that our neighbours still hold the record. However, Southampton went on a decent run in 98/99 from this point, and Wednesday won their 10th game in 99/00. So, if we lose our next 2 we would rightfully take the title of worst Premier League team ever after 10 games.

View attachment 173198

Where can u pull this chart from?

Hopefully, we'll have the same turn of fortune that Man City have had since appearing on this list

But on the other hand we had a fantastic transfer window and have the Best Owner Ever, so who's really winning here?

View attachment 173198
Anybody know where our starts in 90-91 and 91-92 would fit into this list?

Anybody know where our starts in 90-91 and 91-92 would fit into this list?
My memory is a wee bit hazy… but I think we didn’t win until our 10th game in 91-92. After that of course though we played like Champions after xmas! The problem is though that 91-92 team was full of character, plus the playing field was a lot more level back then.
That being said, it’s still a funny old game and a result can change the mood considerably. If we can beat Man U under the lights tomorrow then who knows what’s possible! ⚔️

90-91 we got a point at Derby away which was game 2 and we got a point against Man City at home which I think was game 4. So 2 points

91 92 drew our first 2 Norwich n West ham, won game 8 v Everton

Back
Top Bottom