The Wolves and Brighton results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Spawny to the nth degree. I said it at the time (though I was pleased we finally won) stood by it, and I believe I’m vindicated in that.

All 3 goals were fortunate in those two games. Though the second half was much better than the first against Wolves, we still didn’t create anything of note through skill or incisive play - what happened was a ricoched pass off their defender that turned into the perfect through ball for Archer. Jammy. But great finish.

Then the penalty… well it’s not a penalty is it? But a great finish with serious bollocks from Norwood.

So that’s result 1: very fortunate and keeps the dead man walking in a job.

Result 2: Brighton. We were getting pasted, absolutely rinsed. The first half was the second most pathetic I’ve seen this season, then yesterday happened. But we looked like a pub team, the tactics were allover the shop and we just kept giving them the ball back.

Somehow they didn’t manage a second, they get a man sent off and the game changes. We scored through an OG and then never really tried to win it. Fair play though, it’s a good point even if it’s lucky.

So that’s two results where we got lucky, didn’t create anything of note through our own good play and ended up with 4 points. Yesterday we didn’t get any good fortune and didn’t have a shot on target until the 97th minute.

What do we do in training?

But that’s put credit in the bank for Hecky and given him plenty time in the job unfortunately, I suspect it’s enough to get him through December. Depressing.

What do we do in training?...............ive seen them video's of the Shirecliffe gym work,,,,,,,,,,,the work outs at the Firestation @ Manor Top would be more intense.

Spawny to the nth degree. I said it at the time (though I was pleased we finally won) stood by it, and I believe I’m vindicated in that.

All 3 goals were fortunate in those two games. Though the second half was much better than the first against Wolves, we still didn’t create anything of note through skill or incisive play - what happened was a ricoched pass off their defender that turned into the perfect through ball for Archer. Jammy. But great finish.

Then the penalty… well it’s not a penalty is it? But a great finish with serious bollocks from Norwood.

So that’s result 1: very fortunate and keeps the dead man walking in a job.

Result 2: Brighton. We were getting pasted, absolutely rinsed. The first half was the second most pathetic I’ve seen this season, then yesterday happened. But we looked like a pub team, the tactics were allover the shop and we just kept giving them the ball back.

Somehow they didn’t manage a second, they get a man sent off and the game changes. We scored through an OG and then never really tried to win it. Fair play though, it’s a good point even if it’s lucky.

So that’s two results where we got lucky, didn’t create anything of note through our own good play and ended up with 4 points. Yesterday we didn’t get any good fortune and didn’t have a shot on target until the 97th minute.

What do we do in training?

But that’s put credit in the bank for Hecky and given him plenty time in the job unfortunately, I suspect it’s enough to get him through December. Depressing.
Agree with all of this bar the own goal. Defender has the choice of putting in his own goal or letting Archer do it

Osula had a shot on target about ten mins before McBurnie's goal

Reckon Osula could be a handful in the Championship, assuming he gets service down there. Looked fearless and lively.

Osula had a shot on target about ten mins before McBurnie's goal

Reckon Osula could be a handful in the Championship, assuming he gets service down there. Looked fearless and lively.
We’ll I wasn’t there to see it so it didn’t happen

The wolves goal was a deflection, had it not been deflected foderingham couldve saved it (wishful thinking), we shouldve had a penalty before for handball

The wolves goal was a deflection, had it not been deflected foderingham couldve saved it (wishful thinking), we shouldve had a penalty before for handball
So that’s things against us, what about for us?

Back
Top Bottom