The Sharp End

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AgaMonkey

Groucho Marxist Anarchist
Reaction score
Billy Sharp is an absolute legend at this club. An absolute legend

He’s gone now, but we’ll always love him because he’s a truly great bloke, because of his passion for our club, because he’s a Blade and (obvs) because of all the goals…he’s one of a kind.

But how do we honour him?

By retiring his shirt number? No…we’ve always loved a great number 10; time to pass that on to the next in line (Iliman?)
By building a statue? Nah,,,too complicated (anyone remember the awful statue of Cristiano Ronaldo?) and too expensive

Why not just rename the kop - The Sharp End

You know it makes sense. Let’s do it

He’s gone now, but we’ll always love him because he’s a truly great bloke, because of his passion for our club, because he’s a Blade and (obvs) because of all the goals…he’s one of a kind.

By retiring his shirt number? No…we’ve always loved a great number 10; time to pass that on to the next in line (Iliman?)
By building a statue? Nah,,,too complicated (anyone remember the awful statue of Cristiano Ronaldo?) and too expensive

We honour him by making another thread about him. 😘

Once the Shoreham always the Shoreham.

You could shine him off. With consent, of course.

I think we should name a stand The Sharpe stand. See how many people get annoyed.

It would be quite cool if we painted number 10 sharp on whatever his seat was growing up on the kop

Not that I agree with the naming of the stand but did he score more in front of the kop or the away end? And did he score more at home than away?

I think we all need to calm down a little.

He had a bad first spell but excelling under his return under the wilder era playing very well along with a few others, got us up (and down) the leagues in the process.

Let's all move on dignified until his obvious eventual return as a coach.

You don’t get many more players who are truly legends at their own clubs after being a fan in the stands to ball boy to youth player to a top goal scorer and a fan’s favourite.

For those of my generation he’s bigger than Currie, he’s bigger than Bassett, he’s bigger than everyone and has been a hero growing up.

Whilst renaming the Kop is a bit much I appreciate the sentiment of rewarding and marking a truly outstanding career here, the likes of which will be hard to match.

The way the club have handled it has been atrocious really, compare and contrast with how Norwich handled Pukki whos not even done a quarter of what Sharp has done for the club, then again this is a club that has the statue of the Pigs best scorer in its car park.

The way the club have handled it has been atrocious really, compare and contrast with how Norwich handled Pukki whos not even done a quarter of what Sharp has done for the club, then again this is a club that has the statue of the Pigs best scorer in its car park.
I get what you’re saying, and I do hope that Billy’s contribution is immortalised the way it deserves to be at Bramall Lane , but I would probably disagree with the comparison to Derek Dooley - he was good for this club and the pigs treated his end with them like bobbar

Strange but true.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom