The problem with Robinson's long throw...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s like saying what’s the point of us having corners. I know Robinson will be in the box but we have Trusty and Anel in the box. The two highest scoring centre backs in the championship last season.

It’s like saying what’s the point of us having corners. I know Robinson will be in the box but we have Trusty and Anel in the box. The two highest scoring centre backs in the championship last season.
The stats don't really tell the story there though do they? If you look at the goals they scored how many of them came from either of them attacking a cross through a big group of players?

Most set plays are low xg. I include long throws in this. Rarely end up in a goal but fans will still clap for a corner etc

Related (ish) but I've noticed Arsenal in their recent games really making use of throwing the ball to someone in an otherwise offside position, but obviously the throw in rule doesn't count as offside. Been causing teams quite a few problems.

Re the OP, I recall a match report from years ago that was along same the lines regarding Brain Deane when he sent a cross in.

I only really saw Deane live in his second spell, but he certainly was an excellent crosser then.

I only really saw Deane live in his second spell, but he certainly was an excellent crosser then.
The joke among Blades fans at the time was that we needed another Brian Deane to get on the end of his excellent crosses.

He was more than often played out wide at Leeds which explains why he didn't score too many for them.

Shortly into the game today Clinton Morrison, who was one of the Match commentators on Radio 5, said he was surprised to see Robinson could do a long throw. 🤦‍♂️

Which gave away that this "expert" obviously hadn't bothered to watch any of our games.

Shortly into the game today Clinton Morrison, who was one of the Match commentators on Radio 5, said he was surprised to see Robinson could do a long throw. 🤦‍♂️

Which gave away that this "expert" obviously hadn't bothered to watch any of our games.

I always think he’s a card shop supermarket.

David Moyes in post match had a kind of dig mention when he said todays game was like taking a step back (in time) with long throw ins and crosses and they “had to learn to deal with it” he also said it was the poorest he had seen his players too. We still get the hoof ball tag even when the balls into the box and build up play to the first in particular were excellent

David Moyes in post match had a kind of dig mention when he said todays game was like taking a step back (in time) with long throw ins and crosses and they “had to learn to deal with it” he also said it was the poorest he had seen his players too. We still get the hoof ball tag even when the balls into the box and build up play to the first in particular were excellent

He must have been looking the other way when West Ham tried their long throws.

Yeah, the same expert who also said during his punditry yesterday 'nah, thats not a penalty, its come off the back of his back'

Back
Top Bottom