Team for Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
I'd make 6 changes from the Brighton FA cup match and 2 from the Luton game.(1enforced). Bit of a toss up between Larouci & Lowe really, not thrilled with either.

--‐-------------Archer
Diaz--------------------------McAtee
-----------Souza--Hamer
Lowe--JLT--Anel-Holgate--Bogle
-----------------Wes

Subs:
Grbic
Trusty
Larouci
Brooks
Osborne
Norwood
Davies
McBurnie
Osula

Grbic
Holgate Anel Robinson
Bogle Hamer Souza Osborn Lowe
McAtee Archer

Be surprised if McBurnie or Brereton are risked

I'd make 6 changes from the Brighton FA cup match and 2 from the Luton game.(1enforced). Bit of a toss up between Larouci & Lowe really, not thrilled with either.

--‐-------------Archer
Diaz--------------------------McAtee
-----------Souza--Hamer
Lowe--JLT--Anel-Holgate--Bogle
-----------------Wes

Subs:
Grbic
Trusty
Larouci
Brooks
Osborne
Norwood
Davies
McBurnie
Osula

A 2 in midfield again??

Would be run through like a knife through butter!

Would go 5-4-1 to pack out midfield and defence while leaving a striker up top for counterattack bit like what we tried against City.

GK: Grbic
Back 5: Bogle, Holgate, Anel, JLT, Lowe
Midfield 4: McAtee, Souza, Davies, Osborn
Striker: Archer

Read on BBC Sport that Hamer went off injured against Luton but not 100% sure if true, not sure if BBD will be back so left him out, Lowe seems a safer option at LWB than Larouci and Grbic needs the game time as long as defence protect him.

If BBD is back, take Davies out and move Osborn next to Souza in the middle.

We got a win yesterday through being solid defensively and countering well. 2 CMs isn't going to allow for a solid enough base against a team with star players, especially Brighton with players who shoot so well from distance

Grbic
Bogle. Holgate. Anel. JLT. Lowe
Hamer. Souza. Davies
Mcatee
Archer.

I know Mcatee does well off the right, but he’s such a good player that I’d rather him have a free role and less defensive responsibility to cover Bogle.

Just float around the pitch creating overloads where you can and when it’s in the final third try and link up with Archer.

Argument for Davies to come in for Hamer.. also think Larouci holds his position much better than Lowe who often drifts inside and leaves a man free.

BBD off the bench coming back from injury.

View attachment 179165

If Diaz is still out I wouldn't hate that team. Any news how long McBurnie is out for? Without Diaz, McBurnies physical presence would be a help.

Grbic
Bogle. Holgate. Anel. JLT. Lowe
Hamer. Souza. Davies
Mcatee
Archer.

I know Mcatee does well off the right, but he’s such a good player that I’d rather him have a free role and less defensive responsibility to cover Bogle.

Just float around the pitch creating overloads where you can and when it’s in the final third try and link up with Archer.
Come to think of it, if you’re wanting a midfielder who can track but also be part of a hard pressing ‘front three’ without the ball then maybe starting Osborn over Davies against Brighton is the best bet.

Not as if we’re gonna have much of the ball is it

If Diaz is still out I wouldn't hate that team. Any news how long McBurnie is out for? Without Diaz, McBurnies physical presence would be a help.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Mcb, Egan and Baldock have injury setbacks/niggles until end of season.

Or until sign new contract.. if you know what I mean

I’ve lost patience with McBurnie, I’d rather he left in the summer as his injury record is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom