Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U18 v Sheffield Wednesday (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
It's the U18 Name Calling Derby at Shirecliffe this afts, Wednesday 5 April at 3pm. Barnsley are running away with the U18 Professional Development League North this season. Maaaaathematically we can still catch them. We'd have to win all our five games. They'd have to lose all their three games. And we'd only be able to beat them on goal difference - in which we have a deficit of 19.
Are you following this? Barnsley have won this league....
United have a great chance of finishing second and getting into the Play Offs for the National Title. (U18 Division Three, no promotion).
We are, of course, the reigning champions.

Don't ask me about logistics. That's part of the joy of Shirecliffe. Take a bucket, or wear an adult nappy.

It's the U18 Name Calling Derby at Shirecliffe this afts, Wednesday 5 April at 3pm. Barnsley are running away with the U18 Professional Development League North this season. Maaaaathematically we can still catch them. We'd have to win all our five games. They'd have to lose all their three games. And we'd only be able to beat them on goal difference - in which we have a deficit of 19.
Are you following this? Barnsley have won this league....
United have a great chance of finishing second and getting into the Play Offs for the National Title. (U18 Division Three, no promotion).
We are, of course, the reigning champions.

Don't ask me about logistics. That's part of the joy of Shirecliffe. Take a bucket, or wear an adult nappy.
Don’t they play 28 games in total?

So wouldn’t United have to win their 5 matches in hand and then effectively just get more points than Barnsley or a better GD overall in the remaining three?

Barnsley don’t need to lose all three. Unless I’m missing something?

That said, this must be a good Barnsley batch as they’ve been sticking 3s, 4s and 5s past quite a few teams.

We all know that United’s U23s still have players who could represent the U18s and it’s a good strategy to fast track though it is bound to have an impact to the lower age groups on occasions others don’t do that fast tracking and just have a strong U18 batch made up of 18 and 17 year olds rather than blooding 16 and 15 year olds.

Don’t they play 28 games in total?

So wouldn’t United have to win their 5 matches in hand and then effectively just get more points than Barnsley or a better GD overall in the remaining three?

Barnsley don’t need to lose all three. Unless I’m missing something?

That said, this must be a good Barnsley batch as they’ve been sticking 3s, 4s and 5s past quite a few teams.

We all know that United’s U23s still have players who could represent the U18s and it’s a good strategy to fast track though it is bound to have an impact to the lower age groups on occasions others don’t do that fast tracking and just have a strong U18 batch made up of 18 and 17 year olds rather than blooding 16 and 15 year olds.

You're right. Sorry I MisMathed.
How are you so sure other Academies don't fast track 18s to 21s. Your "others don't do that" conclusion must have taken some research....

You're right. Sorry I MisMathed.
How are you so sure other Academies don't fast track 18s to 21s. Your "others don't do that" conclusion must have taken some research....
I’m making an ass of u and me on that one Phil!

Just saying it is a possible explanation. Though them doing the same as United but having being good is also another 😉

How many coaches are the pigs bringing.
And more to the point, are Wednesdays legendary Packed Lunch Posse finally going to front up the Carrier Bad Firm. I've heard that they like to smuggle in razor blades hidden in potted meat sarnies cut into triangles. Stay safe Blades.

I thought the only streaming we've ever had from Shirecliffe was Bielsa TV?

Shirts in the crowd then at full time for them. They will be as giddy as fuck that they didn't lose. Bless em.

Return fixture on Saturday at 1100 at their ‘place’. I’ve a free Saturday so am considering it. Anyone ever been to their training swamp?

Return fixture on Saturday at 1100 at their ‘place’. I’ve a free Saturday so am considering it. Anyone ever been to their training swamp?
I've played on it, once in 1989. After playing at the likes of Concord Park it was like playing on a snooker table tbf.

Good result. Sours the day a bit when you hear of young lads getting bad injuries though. As we know, that is a crucial age to make it to the next level or not, so here’s hoping for them they make a speedy and complete recovery and that the injury has no baring on what will happen next for them.

It does look like Barnsley have an exceptional crop this year and United will have to do with second. I wonder if it is a team effort or they have the next Messi in there. United’s best hope is (obviously) to keep winning and hope Barnsley slip up last game as the play Charlton who are top of the Southern section. Will still probably lose on goal difference or head to head.

They spanked Ipswich 7-2 so someone is banging the goals in.

According to his Dad it was a fractured collar bone after an aerial challenge. The other lad with the leg injury looked worse (after a legal tackle) and he needed oxygen brought into the pitch.

Both lads carried off on stretchers and two ambulances in attendance. As both injuries were at similar times United medical staff treated the leg injury.

On the match front, we were all over them with strong possession. However the pace on their right wing seriously undid us on a few occasions but they just couldn’t make it pay.

Oh and Derek Geary was in fine vocal form “Sydie you’d better be on it after this break, all you’ve been doing is having a cuddle with Sai!”

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United U18 3️⃣
🆚 SWFC 3️⃣
⚽ Albion Sports 2️⃣
🆚 Thackley 2️⃣
🏟️✅4️⃣2️⃣3️⃣
⚔️ Sheffield United 1️⃣
🆚 Wigan 0️⃣
⚽ #SUFC 2022/23 Game 5️⃣8️⃣
🏏 Yorkshire lead Leics by 3️⃣2️⃣2️⃣
📋 My Football, Cricket & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Back
Top Bottom