SharpBack?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6Blademan

Reaction score
Looking at Sir Bill’s blistering start to life in the American Soccer league

And our shortage of strikers ? Missed out on one on deadline day supposedly and young Bennie and Osula not pulling up many trees?

Would you take him back ?

I would 🤪

Reactions: Dkc

I would 🤪

If we were really desperate for the whole season then yes
but I don't expect us to be in a desperate situation going forward
I suppose it depends if we suddenly have Archer and McBurnie out for long spells and we're struggling to find anyone else.

However it's not fair on Billy himself....knowing a PL team must be scraping the barrel if they want him to play.
In the short term would think he's loving the experience in Los Angeles.

The only time he’s seen back at the Lane is his statue in the car park.

Looking at Sir Bill’s blistering start to life in the American Soccer league

And our shortage of strikers ? Missed out on one on deadline day supposedly and young Bennie and Osula not pulling up many trees?

I would 🤪
no.

I think Traore and Osula will have a part to play this season. Billy, or another other experienced "safe" option would hinder their game time, and therefore their progress.
Jebbo to come back at some point too.

Looks like LA Galaxy have just eight games left, the final game being Oct 22. If they don't qualify for the play-offs that's it I think. They're only six points off a play-off spot though, so if they start winning games, who knows? Billy's already scored more goals than any of our current strikers, and he's played fewer games.

I'd have kept Sharp especially given how we are in terms of numbers up top at present.
Whilst he ain't what he was, he still might gain you some territory further up the pitch and give him a chance and he can finish. Wouldn't have had him starting unless of an injury crisis or he somehow hit fantastic form.

But that said I think he's gonna have a nice year or two in LA and canny blame him for that. We decided not to give him a new deal so draw a line and move on.

Reactions: Dkc

Leaning in hard to the “every new poster gets accused of being FallowfieldBlade” moment, I like it!

Our paths never crossed on here but he sure did leave his mark Rodders

Back
Top Bottom