Post Brexit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed before.
I seem to remember that many a year ago there was a limit as to how many foreign players a team could play in a game. I thought it was two.
When we joined the EU this all changed, under the freedom of movement rules etc etc.
Following Brexit should the FA look to again restrict the number of foreign players that a club can play.
By forcing Clubs to play more homegrown players would it help the development of British players and thus the National teams, help the smaller clubs that are prepared to develop the local youngsters.
Or would it just force the bigger clubs to invest more in their academies and just stop some of the best players in the world coming to the premier league.?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.
I seem to remember that many a year ago there was a limit as to how many foreign players a team could play in a game. I thought it was two.
When we joined the EU this all changed, under the freedom of movement rules etc etc.
Following Brexit should the FA look to again restrict the number of foreign players that a club can play.
By forcing Clubs to play more homegrown players would it help the development of British players and thus the National teams, help the smaller clubs that are prepared to develop the local youngsters.
Or would it just force the bigger clubs to invest more in their academies and just stop some of the best players in the world coming to the premier league.?
The premier league is one of the country’s biggest exports, partially because we have many of the world’s best players. There’s no way it’s in anyone’s interests to change that (other than maybe the England team and they don’t have enough money to have any influence).

Back
Top Bottom