Nigel Adkins in Ranmoor

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Seeing as though everyone else is dropping their doppelgängers….

I remember bumping into Nigel Adkins outside a pub in ranmoor, one sunny Sunday afternoon. Myself and a few mates were on a Sunday session that formed the home leg of a 2 legged stag party…. The first leg consisted of a very civilised game of footgolf, followed by a more uncivilised game of pub golf.

Anyway there Nige was reading his copy of the Financial Times (other chip papers available)… when a mate of mine clocked him and promptly made his way over to say hi. Joking apart, I remember him being a nice enough bloke who was happy to get involved in chat and ask about what we had planned for the day. He then spoke of his love for the culture and open spaces around the city…. It was all one very normal conversation really. One of the lads spoke about football and Nigel quickly shrugged it off by saying something along the lines of ‘let’s not let football ruin a nice day’…….

The last bit being a frustration, as I wanted him to leap into a motivational speech about ducks and all that stuff…..so I was a bit deflated.

But he actually came across as an intellect, a cultured man and a thoroughly nice chap.

Back
Top Bottom