My thoughts.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mad Mick

Reaction score
I've been watching the Blades since the early 60's and despite not having the best individual players Wilders team played some of the best football I have ever seen by a Blades side.
He had just one bad season when we lost narrowly in most games. I can't say his recruitment was good in his last year, a lot of money seemed to have been wasted.
I was gutted when he left. I was a Wilder fan through and through.
We'll never know what actually happened when he left, but it seems to have been mutual.

I've already said that Hecky did a great job and indeed leaves with his head held high. Sadly losing by 5 to the bottom of the league and losing by 8 at home were 2 of the worst results I've ever witnessed. Some of what occurred was out of his control. He lost 1 decent player and 1 amazing player which buggered up the transfer window. I thought Hamer and Archer would be great for us but it's not happened yet.

Hecky had reached the end of the road and we needed a change. Not many managers were going to take on a team that is favourite to be relegated.

I realise many of the faith think Wilder is the wrong choice and feel we shouldn't go backward. I understand that, but who else would come?

In a few short months, we'll find out If the appointment worked. But I'll tell you this, in just 1 interview he has given me more confidence than most of the interviews Hecky has done in the last few months.

Good luck Hecky and will always owe you a debt.
Welcome Chris and let's see some passion back in the team we all love. COYRAWW.

Back
Top Bottom