Make Baldock skipper/Arsenal thoughts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
The fans that stayed, a lot had drifted off, still applauded the players especially George who walked straight over and handed his shirt to someone in the crowd. Make him captain. I think it should be a defender, he's vocal and the extra responsibility might calm his more 'temperamental' moments. Seriously though, he stood up.

I hate Arsenal for a number of reasons. Even though I can get to the Emirates in around 20 mins. Not a great 'away' day. Enjoyed Fulham and even West Ham a lot more out of the London games despite equally poor displays. And today's performance was no worse than either of them.

The game is barely worth a sentence. We huffed and puffed. Quality isn't there. Barely a shot on target. I can't remember one. It was a boring game and performance. No 'identity' no pattern to our play, no idea basically. I'm afraid we'll thank Hecky. He's done his best. But the writing's on the wall as they say. Will there be a Wilder bounce? I think so. He'll be raring to go. Will it be enough? I still haven't given up on staying up. There are a lot of shit teams around us. Odds are against but that's what we like. But we need a lift.

I'd hate to support Arsenal. Staying to the bitter end chanting 'United we love you' was a highlight.

Last edited:

The fans that stayed, a lot had drifted off, still applauded the players especially George who walked straight over and handed his shirt to someone in the crowd. Make him captain. I think it should be a defender, he's vocal and the extra responsibility might calm his more 'temperamental' moments. Seriously though, he stood up.
Only really him, McBurnie and Robinson in the squad with any bollocks.

We're aware we're wank and knew we would be before we'd kicked a ball. But nowt new for most of us supporting a wank Blades side- in fact we tend to almost relish when we're shite but full of fight because we're always underdogs up against it.

This sort of shite, with no bollocks or fight is why we all feel so bloody empty. I'd make one of those 3 skipper aye, but it probably does need a manager and coach or two to just gee everyone up a bit (us included).

Personally I can't fault Heckingbottom but he's lost fight too (can't blame him with all the speculation). It's all gone a bit Adkins.

Only really him, McBurnie and Robinson in the squad with any bollocks.

We're aware we're wank and new we would be before we'd kicked a ball. But nowt new for most of us supporting a wank Blades side- in fact we tend to almost relish when we're shite but full of fight because we're always underdogs up against it.

This sort of shite, with no bollocks or fight is why we all feel so bloody empty. I'd make one of those 3 skipper aye, but it probably does need a manager and coach or two to just gee everyone up a bit (us included).

Personally I can't fault Heckingbottom but he's lost fight too (can't blame him with all the speculation). It's all gone a bit Adkins.
Yeah, season could well have no highlights at all. Like the draw with Everton is the footballing highlight so far. We need a lift. Is Wilder the answer? A gamble. He'll want to erase memories of his last season here. The relegation the abject performances, the empty stadiums because of Covid/lockdowns all clouded his legacy/reputation. There's still time. I'm not a pessimist. On a separate note for the first time I'm beginning to question Wes. A very good keeper but better as back up at this level.

Yeah, season could well have no highlights at all. Like the draw with Everton is the footballing highlight so far. We need a lift. Is Wilder the answer? A gamble. He'll want to erase memories of his last season here. The relegation the abject performances, the empty stadiums because of Covid/lockdowns all clouded his legacy/reputation. There's still time. I'm not a pessimist. On a separate note for the first time I'm beginning to question Wes. A very good keeper but better as back up at this level.
I don't know about Wilder- he could lift the players and subsequently the fans or it could just be divisive as owt.

Makes you wonder daft stuff like Billy? Not sure I wonder quite as daft as Warnock or Big Sam but just anything now really as it's died. I completely get that we had to view things as long term but Heckingbottom can't turn it round from here, the fire's gone out.

Not his fault but we need to do something. Daftest bit is, the others are so shite, we could stay up yet. Record low total and Everton could get docked their 12. Wolves, Bournemouth, Luton at home in the next 2 months, Burnley away.....the temporary lift a new manager can give could put us back in it.

Completely agree he’d die for this club.
😳He didn't last time,he fucked off.
He killed everything he built on an inflated ego and blamed his players.

So what's the obsession with the rear view mìrror. Bewildering.🤔

😳He didn't last time,he fucked off.
He killed everything he built on an inflated ego and blamed his players.

So what's the obsession with the rear view mìrror. Bewildering.🤔

He's on about Baldock.

There's other threads for your Wilder slagging.

He's on about Baldock.

There's other threads for your Wilder slagging.
Slagging eh oh my😊
I will apologise for my error.
I've been clearer about my desire for George as captain in the non slagging wilder threads👍

Had a good day out but the team did nothing to lift us. So the kids around us spent the entire game goading some bell end Arsenal fan above us, who spent his afternoon pointing to the scoreboard.
No fight about the team. No blood and thunder tackles, just “meh”.
Needs somebody to give them a rocket of some kind.

Slagging eh oh my😊
I will apologise for my error.
I've been clearer about my desire for George as captain in the non slagging wilder threads👍

I think reading some of your recent posts, slagging is appropriate yeah, surprised you dont 🤔.

That said each to their own mate 👍, and 100% GB for skipper.

I think reading some of your recent posts, slagging is appropriate yeah, surprised you dont 🤔.

That said each to their own mate 👍, and 100% GB for skipper.
Perception is a unique quality.👍
I prefer the word criticism to slagging,feels more justified.

We really miss George,and Billy.Not for his talent,but presence.I'm not sure we give in so readily with him in the camp.

Mester Wilder for QPR🤔.Genuine question.I 👍

Back
Top Bottom