In (sort of) defence o' t' Prince

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We aren’t alone though. We seem to have a collective illusion of United-exceptionalism that only these kind of things happen to us.

Liverpool have had an exodus of players leave for Saudi Arabia with little coming in. West Ham won a European trophy and still lost their best player with no replacement. Tottenham still don’t know if their all time greatest goalscorer will be still be here at the weekend.

If/when Berge goes I will be very disappointed as I was when Illiman went and the timing is absurd. I’m not buying the line of rationalising the loss eg « he blows hot and cold anyway » « he’s not that good « etc offered by some.
As a longtime Blade who remembers Jones and Birchenall leaving thus guaranteeing relegation I should be used to this.

It is however the way of football. It’s a pity though, just as we have another opportunity to establish ourselves firmly as number one club in the region

Posted on Blades sold but I’ll say it here as well…..

Don’t think he wants to sell the club. Think he wants to sell the club and United World.

He clearly has a vision and is a sports addict. Think he wants to see his vision of a European network of clubs with us at the top come to fruition so wants a minority stake holding. It’s his baby but he can’t afford to bring it home and whatever people say about him he’s passionate about sport.

Posted on Blades sold but I’ll say it here as well…..

Don’t think he wants to sell the club. Think he wants to sell the club and United World.

He clearly has a vision and is a sports addict. Think he wants to see his vision of a European network of clubs with us at the top come to fruition so wants a minority stake holding. It’s his baby but he can’t afford to bring it home and whatever people say about him he’s passionate about sport.
I think you are probably correct.

My concern and this isn't just because of him alluding to it in the latest interview is that he feels NFL and football can be worked using similar models.

Vastly different sports and competitions.

I think you are probably correct.

My concern and this isn't just because of him alluding to it in the latest interview is that he feels NFL and football can be worked using similar models.

Vastly different sports and competitions.
At the moment! With the influx of American cash will come American influence and the model is changing. The interesting twist is the influx of Saudi money and influence not only in football but Golf etc. it’s tearing sport an @rse hole and the changes will be massive with a few winners and a lot of losers, wonder which side we will fall?

Back
Top Bottom