He's back!!!!!!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We had our easier games come and go. Was vital to change sooner.
We still have 2 v Luton and Burnley at home and forest..we more than matched Brentford who are no mugs and as our confidence grows we will be far more competitive
Losing 0-3 to Bournemouth doesn't seem as outrageous now Man utd did the same

Back to the orig post..

He's got that determination and glint in his eye. So here's hoping he's back.

This past week has shown though a big uptick in levels. And he's freshened it all up.

Brooks is like a new signing and a bloody good one at that.

In fact weren't peeps who were critical of Wilder coming back saying he won't play youth? Brooks has the shirt to lose now and Peck got his debut.

As for the season. Gotta take each game as it comes. More than likely we will lose the next two. But keep us tight and resolute and maybe nick a goal and who knows maybe get a point or so. (Can't see it vs. Villa though that are flying)
Hope the goal line technology has been repairs at villa....went to the 2-2 at chelsea 4 years ago ...its not beyond hope to get a point there

Harsh but fair. He is a total prick tbh (Danny Mills) and never seemed to like United. In fact, I'd say he has some strange intense dislike for us. Luckily, he's a fucking nobody who's biased views matters not one jot. Now if we can only quietly rig up a piano above his front door....

All his hair fell out, that made me laugh.

Slaphead. 🤣🤣

Even Wilder subs are on a totally different level to Hecky's.

We ALWAYS use to comment that Hecky must decide his substitution strategy pre-match.
So we always seemed to make the changes on 70 minutes and often we became worse.

Thought the very early stages of the 2nd half was looking ominous with Brentford beginning to diminate
So as early as 53 minutes Wilder takes off our most ineffective player Osula and brings on Slimane.

What a great change, just making 1 substitution put us fully in charge creating chances.
Thought Slimane looked good, several players seemed to appreciate his calm pass to feet style of play.
We looked a team with our midfielder dominating the Brentford midfielder using short passing interplay.
None of this treating the ball like a hot potato, panicking when being closed down then booting it long to a lone striker.

No , let’s get carried away .

I really believe we have got Chris Wilder at his best, he’s experienced everything in football , success and failure, he’s signed good and bad players, and really believe he has learnt from all his experiences. To see our manager celebrate with the passion of the fans ( cus he he a fan himself ) is just brilliant. It’s fantastic to have him back , get on board and enjoy the ride ⚔️⚔️⚔️❤️🔴⚪🔴⚪

2 games in and it’s clear for all to see that, for whatever reasons, the players were simply not “on board” with Hecky. No clue as to why this was so. But it was.

The transformation in attitude, commitment and character demonstrated this week is night and day.

More please 😃.

UTB

We need some other teams to start suffering the kind of injury crisis we have experienced, where a full team is on the sidelines, players with serious long term issues….then we may see a few more dragged in.
Forest will spend in January, of that there is no doubt…and if they lose another couple before then will sack the manager as well.
That could go both ways of course in either boosting or making them worse!

Brentford could lose Toney….already have a few injured and after yesterday may also go in the kind of run that sees them drop backwards.

Everton will be fine, the points deduction has galvanised them all.

Palace have struggled, and it still angers me that we gave them a free hit at ours when playing them now would have been a probable 3 points. But if Eze remains out or moves on he is a big player for them, the other young attacking player is attracting interest so if he leaves they will struggle.

But being realistic…we too are still vulnerable to injury. Our high energy style that is needed to make us competitive is likely to have further casualties. We can make one or two changes in January but lack the spends to make a huge impact. We have conceded too many goals and given up 3 points in too many games that we would have been targeting now as wins.

The impact in a week has exceeded my expectations, we hope in a few more weeks the improvement can continue to rise and confidence will be high but I believe we will fall short and rue those first few months and horrendous performances where we surrendered with a whimper and boosted our rivals goal difference and confidence at the same time.

This is the Chris Wilder pre COVID. The batteries are fully recharged and he has that glint in his eye again. Oh how we've missed him. Fantastic performance today, players in correct positions fighting for every ball. Inject it into my veins!!!!!
I was openly 100% in the #Warnock camp (only until July 1st) and I was dismissive of Wilder due to his lack of 'pulling up trees' since he left us ............ I am now saying I was WRONG .... what a start by Chrissy Boy - suddenly I have a tad of hope in my bones - especially getting 12 points to ensure Derby are the lowest point scorers

Just saw this pop up on their Instagram feed.

Back
Top Bottom